• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Newcastle United 1

1 hour ago, PeteRobbo said:

So your badge of office is hidden from view Michael. I'd lodge an official complaint with Admin if I were you.

Oh hang on  a min.........

Surely the Yossarian finger gesture is sufficient.  

xCELERYx   
16 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Eh? Take Saturday as an example. Luiz passes to Pedro, who controls, lobs the keeper, scores. Jorginho through ball to Willian, who half controls it, then squirms it wide....... the fault is the player shooting, both were excellent passes. 

TBF Jorginho didn't really rack up a high volume of assists (or goals) during his time at Napoli either. While I don't agree that those ahead play their own part, Jorginho isn't exactly a Fabregas, Pirlo, Kroos, etc either.

He's very much a player that plays a rather specific role and doesn't really contribute too much outside of that on either side of the ball. Good no frills player to add to an established side, not so much when there's a number of pieces missing and you need more from everyone on the pitch. 

Edit. Curiously looked at his stats. 11 league assists across his three seasons at Napoli, yet to register one here yet. With 3 goals total, two in Serie A and one here. 

Edited by xCELERYx

Blue Rod   
18 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Soon someone will berate you for backing your views up with facts - that's frowned upon here didn't you know?

Completely agree with this. 

I watched Jorginho attempt simple passes to the find our No9 and repeatedly come short. Fabregas, David Luiz, and even young CHO executed those passes with a simple swing of a boot. Could it be that my eyes were fitted with Amstrad when they probably needed something with a little more processing power? 

Should we even bother judging a player by what we see with our bare eyes, given that they are "So useless"?

Blue Rod   
19 hours ago, chelboy said:

Jorginho is not strong enough defensively to play no.4 without a lot of protection  from his other midfielders. If he played alongside two attacking no.8 he would really suffer defensively . Kante and Kovacic are restricted due to their defensive duties which really focuses on helping Jorginho and covering space in the wide areas. Its where the whole “ Kante should play DM” comes from. Kante would not need so much protection in that area which will free the other two midfielders. Yes,  Kante is not technically as gifted but defensively he is far better which should give others license to actually enter the box once in a while. Against defensive teams that park the bus the Kante Jorginho combo is not needed. Sarri still has not figured that out. 

I fully agree. It seems that our midfield is now set up with one objective, to provide cover for Jorginho. If in return he was spreading killer passes from every strand of his bootlace, one could justify it. I feel sorry for Kante. In some matches, he's doing the job of 3 players, both defensively and offensively.

xCELERYx   
5 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

I fully agree. It seems that our midfield is now set up with one objective, to provide cover for Jorginho. If in return he was spreading killer passes from every strand of his bootlace, one could justify it. I feel sorry for Kante. In some matches, he's doing the job of 3 players, both defensively and offensively.

He's on the big dollars now, I suppose it's only right that we expect him to now do the job of three players and not two.

Gotta justify that contract. 

31 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

It seems to me out midfield is set up to keep the ball and not conceded too many goals. Something it's doing fairly well so far this season, joint second best defensive record and second most amount of clean sheets, 4th in the league, 1 point behind 3rd place and 6 above 4th. 

What exactly would putting Kante into a position he has hardly ever played actually achieve? Would you expect him to be spreading killer passes from every strand of his bootlace? I doubt it as it's not what he does, much like it's not what Jorginho does.

There really is very little to moan about at the moment,  most seem to be going round and round in circles, it will be Luiz being unsuited to a back 4 again next time he makes a mistake. 

• Like 1

Blue Rod   
41 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

It seems to me out midfield is set up to keep the ball and not conceded too many goals. Something it's doing fairly well so far this season, joint second best defensive record and second most amount of clean sheets, 4th in the league, 1 point behind 3rd place and 6 above 4th. 

What exactly would putting Kante into a position he has hardly ever played actually achieve? Would you expect him to be spreading killer passes from every strand of his bootlace? I doubt it as it's not what he does, much like it's not what Jorginho does.

There really is very little to moan about at the moment,  most seem to be going round and round in circles, it will be Luiz being unsuited to a back 4 again next time he makes a mistake. 

We're not exactly conquering the planet, are we? That is the reason we're debating (sorry about my predictive text, should say moaning) this. We are struggling to score, and at times struggling to defend. At this rate we could easily fall out of 4th position.

Any player in the centre of midfield should have energy and pace, plus technical ability, combined. Because you need it going forward or backward. It's obvious that the reason we no longer commit enough players to attack is because the man in the middle can't move. You may disagree with the problem, or the solution, but it is called debate. 

• Like 1

Stim   

Really are struggling, as we've gone from clear 2nd best defence to joint 2nd best defence in the league.

4 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

We're not exactly conquering the planet, are we? That is the reason we're debating (sorry about my predictive text, should say moaning) this. We are struggling to score, and at times struggling to defend. At this rate we could easily fall out of 4th position.

What did you expect us to do this year?

Do you really think the answer to us scoring more goals is moving Kante to Jorginhos position? Will we suddenly be free flowing and score more goals with a midfield three  of Barkley/RLC-Kante-Kovacic?

It's funny that people moan about Kante being less effective playing in his current position but there is a fair chance if we swapped him and Jorginho he would become non existent. What benefit would there be having him sit in front of the back four when we spend the majority of most games with the ball in the opposition's half? Why would we want him to just sit deep and recycle possession when he could be higher up the pitch and win the ball back quickly when we lose possession?