• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Arsenal at Emirates Stadium, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:30, Saturday 19th January, 2019 (Local UK time/date).

Big game this one - win this and we have a very nice cushion between us and Arsenal, however Man Utd would become our nearest rivals for 4th spot.

Players get a much needed break before this one with no midweek fixture and we may have a proper striker in time for kick off.

Edited by My Blood Is Blue

paulw66   

Would take a draw = keep them 6 points away, but United are steaming up the table........

Spurs winning would have been better for top 4 hopes. 

Panda   

After yesterday I think Man United pose a bigger threat to us getting into the top four than Arsenal.  However, Arsenal will throw the kitchen sink at us so I think this is going to be a really difficult game. But I think we're better than Arsenal in almost every position on the pitch (bar striker) so I would expect a win.

Sciatika   
30 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Spurs winning would have been better for top 4 hopes. 

True but I can't bring myself to want the Spuds to win....ever. Hopefully, we get the win, the Spuds lose at the weekend and we have an extra club as a buffer between us and Man Utd.

Edited by Sciatika

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

True but I can't bring myself to want the Spuds to win....ever. Hopefully, we get the win, the Spuds lose at the weekend and we have an extra club as a buffer between us and Man Utd.

If I was a Spud, I would be looking nervously over my shoulder. They have lost Son for a few games, and Kane limped off. Their squad is the smallest out of the top 6 possibly, and they are looking stretched. Sissoko, who is hit and miss also went off injured. 

Going to be an interesting finale. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Big game this one - win this and we have a very nice cushion between us and Arsenal, however Man Utd would become our nearest rivals for 4th spot.

Players get a much needed break before this one with no midweek fixture and we may have a proper striker in time for kick off.

Only if Giroud is fully fit! 😉

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Panda said:

After yesterday I think Man United pose a bigger threat to us getting into the top four than Arsenal.  However, Arsenal will throw the kitchen sink at us so I think this is going to be a really difficult game. But I think we're better than Arsenal in almost every position on the pitch (bar striker) so I would expect a win.

If they do, I think that will play in to our hands somewhat, we struggle against the teams that sit deep and defend us looking to counter, so having them come at us could work out well - I hope.

4 hours ago, Panda said:

I don't 'expect' a win, but I do wonder if Arsenal needing to beat us and very likely coming at us will be helpful; we've really toughened up defensively and have the players to exploit any space left open. In an odd way it could prove a less difficult game than Newcastle or Southampton.