• Current Donation Goals

paulw66

Petr Cech retires

Best keeper I've seen at Chelsea in my 45 years of watching them, top professional who won the lot with the club and paid a huge part in everything he won.Top man

bert19   
12 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

Best keeper I've seen at Chelsea in my 45 years of watching them, top professional who won the lot with the club and paid a huge part in everything he won.Top man

I think since he's been at a struggling Arsenal, a lot of people have forgotten just how good a Goalie he was for us.  There was a long period where I'd literally have had him there ahead of anyone else.  Brilliant keeper. 

Strikes me as exactly the sort of person that would do well in a Technical Director/Director of Football type of role.  And someone we should definitely be trying to bring back to the club. 

Edited by bert19

6 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Sporting Director?  I doubt the press have a clue - and Jim White isn't even in the UK is he?  They probably know he will get a technical role, but there are dozens of them to be had.  We could do with 2 or 3 more to manage the loan observations.

Seems ridiculous to me that we have GK2 and GK3 both older than Cech.  Surely he should be on the bench.

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Sporting Director?  I doubt the press have a clue - and Jim White isn't even in the UK is he?  They probably know he will get a technical role, but there are dozens of them to be had.  We could do with 2 or 3 more to manage the loan observations.

Seems ridiculous to me that we have GK2 and GK3 both older than Cech.  Surely he should be on the bench.

Just as well you weren't about years ago .

"Messiah ! Says who?" 

" Peace in our time" Not in my time it ain't .

"England expects ...." No it doesn't .

" Man on the moon"  Impossible.

His Everton save in the 2014-2015 season always struck a particular chord with me. He never ever deserved to be benched then and that save proves it. 

I’m sure those here will remember that game. Everton were all over us and Willian scored a last minute winner, when we could have easily dropped all 3 points and derailed our title bid. 

48 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Just as well you weren't about years ago .

"Messiah ! Says who?" 

" Peace in our time" Not in my time it ain't .

"England expects ...." No it doesn't .

" Man on the moon"  Impossible.

So does that make you the guy who waits till Jim White gets something right and then jumps up  and down saying "I told you so.  Jim White predicted it".
Good luck.

2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

So does that make you the guy who waits till Jim White gets something right and then jumps up  and down saying "I told you so.  Jim White predicted it".
Good luck.

Chill out dude . It was a joke .

However .....it ain't just Jim White .

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

Chill out dude . It was a joke .

However .....it ain't just Jim White .

Sure it was a joke here too - but yes, I do have a tendency to describe rather ridiculous assertions from people sitting in Qatar about events in Cobham as ridiculous.  

JaneB   

What does a Sporting Director do?  In fact I still don't really know what a Technical Director/Director of Football does?  Are they all the same thing, whatever that is?