• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 1 (4-2 penalties)

kev61   
Just now, Original 21 said:

Well that was as clear a penalty as you're likely to see. Unless you're Martin Atkinson. Dear me...

Certain foul but just outside the box for me

chelboy   

Better performance. Mostly down to Hazard playing in his best position and being the top player that he is. Defensively it has been pretty comfortable. Sometimes they have broken the press but not created anything. Get the 3rd and its over. 

GURJ SS   
2 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

Screwed by VAR again. That is a blatant foul and possibly a red card. 

VAR will hurt us badly next season, we get nothing at the best of times and this will make it worse. 

VAR stands for Very Adjustable Rules, we'll see this next season as it still requires officials to call for VAR. Teams should be given 5 'claims' to be made by the manager or captain like Tennis where the players call it.

Blue Rod   
Just now, GURJ SS said:

Erm...no. Using that logic you'll start saying players like Messi aren't too enough because they can't tackle like JT - which is true if Messi was at CB.

Put it like this, Nainngolan can tackle and attack, why is it so difficult to see that Sarri wants his CM to be able to attack too? If he'd written him off as never being able to get better he'd have dropped him by now, our fans need to stop getting offended by a manager demanding more out of his players; they're his players.

And as I say that Kante gets it all wrong...but it's ok because he'll get better the more he attacks, it'll take time but let the manager do his job. Players get reinvented all the time, Bale was a left back, Drogba a right back, Dave was a right back, centre back, and now right back again. Moses was a winger and went to wing back.

Everything in football requires techniques - tackling, running with the ball, trapping, heading, intercepting a pass, ... I can list a hundred techniques that makes a footballer. The reason Kante excels at DM is because he has a package of techniques combined with athleticism. I can go as far as say that Kante has more techniques in his toolbox than Jorginho, for example. Don't fall for stupid understanding or interpretation of football, even if it comes from a manager. 

• Like 1

GURJ SS   
1 minute ago, chelboy said:

Better performance. Mostly down to Hazard playing in his best position and being the top player that he is. Defensively it has been pretty comfortable. Sometimes they have broken the press but not created anything. Get the 3rd and its over. 

Also Aurier is no threat going forward, Poch has tried to overcompensate for Hazard and it's given his space to play off a treating backline.

Ref is a wuss.  Spurs thugs, and likely to get worse.  No booking in the first half is a far more deliberate act of bias than not giving a clear penalty.

And the commentator saying "the battle of the Bridge" is probably the most violent game in years.  Kind of like the "spurs" thing,we say it once, and we are racist.  Spurs, no comment

Good to see Giroud back fit as CF.  He might not be scoring but he is getting into the right places.  Near post run for Hazard's cross could have been Costa (or at least could have been if he had finished it).  The great near post run for Azpi cross cleared out the middle of the area for Hazard to score  - brilliant.

25 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Kante!

Edit: He's getting more and more goals, Sarri is making him a better player.

Indeed he is

20 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Atkinson channelling his inner Clattenberg

Quite

kev61   
8 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Erm...no. Using that logic you'll start saying players like Messi aren't good enough because they can't tackle like JT - which is true if Messi was at CB.

Put it like this, Nainngolan can tackle and attack, why is it so difficult to see that Sarri wants his CM to be able to attack too? If he'd written him off as never being able to get better he'd have dropped him by now, our fans need to stop getting offended by a manager demanding more out of his players; they're his players.

And as I say that Kante gets it all wrong...but it's ok because he'll get better the more he attacks, it'll take time but let the manager do his job. Players get reinvented all the time, Bale was a left back, Drogba a right back, Dave was a right back, centre back, and now right back again. Moses was a winger and went to wing back.

Does he use the same criteria when assessing Jorginho or is he tickety boo according to Sarri?

Edited by kev61

ripz   

I would love to know how the VAR could possibly say that wasn't a foul, absolutely ridiculous.

GURJ SS   
1 minute ago, Blue Rod said:

Everything in football requires techniques - tackling, running with the ball, trapping, heading, intercepting a pass, ... I can list a hundred techniques that makes a footballer. The reason Kante excels at DM is because he has a package of techniques combined with athleticism. I can go as far as say that Kante has more techniques in his toolbox than Jorginho, for example. Don't fall for stupid understanding or interpretation of football, even if it comes from a manager. 

Sarri never dismissed those type of techniques you talk about, stop nitpicking. You're just attacking Sarri at every chance you get. You clearly don't like Sarri or Jorge, but that's ok because they know what they're doing. They're changing us from a counter team to a possession team, and it doesn't happen overnight but we'll be the better for it in the end.