• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 1 (4-2 penalties)

11 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Me next with those rose tinted specs Droy.

It is not that far off though.  Not just we'd be better off, but Liverpool in particular would  be far worse off.  

My main concern is that Spurs have 3 top players out for injuries or internationals.  Would we even know if Giroud, Willian, Hazard or Pedro were suffering from injury?  My guess is they play in pain and in secret.  Like I'm pretty sure they did last year.  Spurs just pick 3 other decent players.

On this theme I am rather bothered that RLC is not available right now.

With the players Spurs having missing we should be able to take advantage, but my worry is they'll just be more up for it than us and we just cannot score... 0-0 draw.

I'd predict the team, but it seems pointless. It will be the same as always with maybe Christensen starting instead of Luiz/Rudiger.

Personally I'd start with Ampadu, Barkley and Giroud... but I doubt that will happen.

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

With the players Spurs having missing we should be able to take advantage, but my worry is they'll just be more up for it than us and we just cannot score... 0-0 draw.

I'd predict the team, but it seems pointless. It will be the same as always with maybe Christensen starting instead of Luiz/Rudiger.

Personally I'd start with Ampadu, Barkley and Giroud... but I doubt that will happen.

Agree - this has 0-0 all over it.

This is a true test of Sarri's management.

I'm not saying he should be forced out at the final whistle if we get a bad result, but if he picks 'that' lineup and we fail to turn this tie around, then we're wasting our time with him.

5 minutes ago, Box of Tricks said:

This is a true test of Sarri's management.

I'm not saying he should be forced out at the final whistle if we get a bad result, but if he picks 'that' lineup and we fail to turn this tie around, then we're wasting our time with him.

Giroud has been injured, RLC is gone to the chiropractor again, Barkley is in no better form than Kovacic, and CHO ain't going to start against big clubs this season.

There really has been no option but "that lineup" unless you mean the back 4.  

jones   

Lose this and Sarri is under immense pressure. Win it with a Higuain goal and everything is golden. With Alli, Kane and Son out, this is Sarri's chance to turn things around now that he is getting his CF. 

Higuain over false nine and Emerson over Alonso hopefully.

Arrizabalaga

Zappacosta Rüdiger Christensen Palmieri 

Kanté Ampadu Barkley

CHO Giroud Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Azpilicueta, Luiz, Kovacic, Jorginho, Pedro, Willian

With a 'rest' for Alonso, I think everyone else is injured (RLC) or persona non grata (Cahill, Moses, Drinkwater, Morata). Not quite the squad we thought we had.

More changes hopefully at the weekend.

I'd like to see:

Kepa

Azpilicueta Rudiger Christensen Emerson

Kante Ampadu Barkley

CHO Giroud Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Luiz, Zappacosta, Kovacic, Pedro, Willian, Higuain

What I think we will see:

Kepa

Azpilicueta Rudiger Luiz Alonso

Kante Jorginho Barkley

Willian Giroud Hazard

Bench: Caballero, Christensen, Emerson, Kovacic, Ampadu, CHO Pedro

3 games in 6 days week - Tottenham then Sheffield Sunday then Bournemouth away.

Pretty sure Spurs gets the A team and pretty much everyone gets rested against Sheff W.

First choices for Spurs - which I guess means Hazard not Giroud at CF, and Kovacic not Barkley.  

Hiquain gets 30 mins in the FA cup.