• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 1 (4-2 penalties)

JaneB   
16 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

To be quite fair, if you take out any club's top 3 scorers, they will struggle, but it was well within Spurs' capabilities to at least get a draw at Selhurst. I'm sure most Spurs supporters would love to win the FA Cup for the first time since 1991.... winning trophies also breeds that winning mentality which will hold you in good stead for the future. 

For all their plaudits, Kane and Alli have won nothing.

And long may it continue. It's easy to forget that, with all the hype that surrounds them.

Ham   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

To be quite fair, if you take out any club's top 3 scorers, they will struggle, but it was well within Spurs' capabilities to at least get a draw at Selhurst. I'm sure most Spurs supporters would love to win the FA Cup for the first time since 1991.... winning trophies also breeds that winning mentality which will hold you in good stead for the future. 

Ahem....

* 4th place at the world cup trophy. 

* Pushed Leicester almost all the way trophy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Yes, but we haven't gone 11 years without a trophy, or 28 years since winning the FA cup.

Imagine if we had tossed away the 1997 FA Cup in order to get top 4? When you go a long time with nothing, you have to try and win whatever you can, not be selective. 

For us this season, I would trade the FA and League cups to get back in the top 4, but that's because we haven't been short of trophies recently. 

Mmm... OK, but I would go for top 4 every time I think. It's European football's top table and should a European league come to pass, which I would like to see, then I would want us to be in that more than anything.

2 hours ago, JaneB said:

Apologies if this has already been discussed but I think Pochettino has lost it in more ways than one. 

So "winning trophies only builds your ego", as opposed to what? And all he cares about is finishing in the top four to qualify for the CL. Getting his excuses in early. How very Spursy. 

Was it Mark who called they the "Yips".  

2 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

Ultimately yes, but for a cache of clubs, including ours, CL qualification is a kind of bottom line legitimacy. If you do it, well that makes next season look OK, whereas if you don't then it's Europa League or worse and your club takes on the look of a second-class outfit.

Yes Pochh is right on this - top 4 and a lot of PL points is much more important than LC, FAC or EL trophies.  Last 8 in CL is more of an achievement than any of those.

And of course he adds to the support for Sarri whose Serie A performances were really impressive.

Trouble is Poch has only had one decent points total in PL, and never got past last 16 in CL

He does have 4 manager of the month titles to count as personal titles - and that is more the JM has had over 3 spells.
One of them must be good...

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Salah has 1 PL title at least - (guess where).
KdB has 1 PL title (should have stayed here and won more from the bench).
Klopp has won nothing.