• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Chelsea sign Gonzalo Higuain

GONZALO HIGUAIN COMPLETES LOAN TRANSFER TO CHELSEA

Gonzalo Higuain has today joined Chelsea on loan for the remainder of the season.

The 31-year-old striker moves to Stamford Bridge from Italian side Juventus. He spent the first half of the campaign on loan at AC Milan where he scored eight goals.

A proven goalscorer throughout his career, and an Argentina international, Higuain arrives with a wealth of experience at the highest level having consistently shown his attacking quality during spells in Argentina, Spain and Italy.

Clinical in and around the penalty area, as well as providing a strong aerial threat, Higuain previously played under Maurizio Sarri at Napoli in 2015/16, when he finished as top scorer in Serie A with 36 goals, breaking a long-standing Italian record.

Upon completing his loan move to Chelsea, Higuain, who will wear the number nine shirt, said: ‘When the opportunity to join Chelsea presented itself I had to take it. It’s a team I’ve always liked that has a lot of history, a wonderful stadium and they play in the Premier League, a league I’ve always wanted to play in.

‘I now hope I can give back that trust Chelsea have shown me out on the pitch. I can’t wait to start and I hope to adapt as soon as possible.’

Director Marina Granovskaia added: ‘Gonzalo was our number one target in this transfer window and arrives with a proven record at the highest level. He has previously worked with Maurizio to great effect and is familiar with how the coach likes to play.

‘This was not an easy deal for us to do because of the numerous parties involved, but we are delighted we were able to make it happen and we look forward to seeing the impact Gonzalo will make for us in the second half of the season.’

Welcome.

I wonder if they had hoped to get him in the summer.

Morata's excuse for giving up the 9 shirt to wear 29, the birthday of his new twins, is about as pathetic as it gets.  
But twins would be a good incentive to return to Madrid  (he played for 3 Madrid teams as a kid, AM, Getafe and RM).

15 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Welcome.

I wonder if they had hoped to get him in the summer.

Morata's excuse for giving up the 9 shirt to wear 29, the birthday of his new twins, is about as pathetic as it gets.  
But twins would be a good incentive to return to Madrid  (he played for 3 Madrid teams as a kid, AM, Getafe and RM).

I don't think so , I read a quotation from him when he went to AC Milan that he didn't go to Chelsea because Sarri was the only one at the club with any enthusiasm for the move

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

I don't think so , I read a quotation from him when he went to AC Milan that he didn't go to Chelsea because Sarri was the only one at the club with any enthusiasm for the move

Maybe, but I doubt he actually speaks one on one with anyone from the club except Sarri and his coaching team.
That I reckon would equally fit with a situation where the club said OK, but only if you can shift Morata or Giroud first.  I wouldn't expect even Sarri to say he was trying to shift another CF, let alone one that Higuain had spent 3 years in the RM first team with.

'I'd love to bring you in, but I can't persuade my board' is exactly what Sarri would say.

Kezza   

Hope we can replicate the spine chilling chant for Gonzalo! Higuain! by the italian fans.

If he can avoid being blown over by a gust of wind or complaining  about the rain he will be an improvement. I'm excited to see if we now have a player who will get to in the 6 yard box. If we do then this should lift the rest of the team. 

Sir   

Massive fan of Higuain.. so the warmest of welcomes to him! What more to say? Forget form for now, the guy scores goals goal goals and goals. Really wish we got him when RM sold him. Any angle, any situation, any range, he scores. He’s never been a finesse Shevchenko or vintage Torres type, he’s never been a ‘sexy’ type of striker, but what he does do, as I say, and as we know, is put the ball in the back of the net which is exactly what we need. If he can help get us over the line (which he has been brought here to do) then job done, and we’ll see what happens in the summer.

I know I’m stating the obvious here, but I think it’s a wonderful loan. Really hoping it works out and I think it will.

4 hours ago, samhoward17 said:

If he can avoid being blown over by a gust of wind or complaining  about the rain he will be an improvement. I'm excited to see if we now have a player who will get to in the 6 yard box. If we do then this should lift the rest of the team. 

Bang on - welcome Gonzalo! 

The cursed number nine , gulp.

Very pleased with this signing. Proven world class goalscorer who knows Sarri's system and thrives in it. Right attitude, not afraid to take number 9 shirt, strong mentality. Better than anything we currently have.

If he does well, he stays, if not, the loan ends. No risk whatsoever.