• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Chelsea sign Gonzalo Higuain

10 hours ago, kratos said:

It was just a joke Bob, no need to be so rude.

You should have made it funny... that way people would have known it was a joke!

I really liked his energy on the side against Spurs. Often he was screaming at the ref and asking for Tottenham players to get booked and genuinely seemed very happy to be here. One underestimated element of this signing could be the value he adds as a respected voice and leader in the dressing room. One that will back Sarri as well. 

Not sure how much to take from it but he looks sharp in this video. Of course he was unopposed against the goalkeeper however if anyone has seen Morata in the warm up before games you'll know this is a step up. The passion shown as well could hardly by further from the sulky cloud he replaced. Certainly looks confident. 

Edited by samhoward17

Kezza   

Higuain isn't afraid to take a shot. Always one or two touches before doing the job and shoot. Should be gone are the days when our striker isn't confident of taking a shot and need 4 or 5 touches before trying his luck. 

Jasonb   

Gullit on the BBC says Higuaín thrives on crosses yet sees a problem as our wide men like to cut inside.

Ham   
On 25/01/2019 at 10:07 AM, Bob Singleton said:

You should have made it funny... that way people would have known it was a joke!

It was obviously a joke and I thought it was funny. Pompous and unnecessary response from you. 

We get it. You're a photographer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Leo91   
5 hours ago, Kezza said:

Higuain isn't afraid to take a shot. Always one or two touches before doing the job and shoot. Should be gone are the days when our striker isn't confident of taking a shot and need 4 or 5 touches before trying his luck. 

He does have that killer instinct up front that we're missing. But why are Milan happy to let him go and get Piatek ? I hope we made the right choice this time.

I don't know if you can Photoshop video , perhaps Bob will tell me , but Higuain doesn't look fat in the video posted above to me .

In fairness Sam Allardyce wouldn't look fat compared to me .

4 hours ago, Jasonb said:

Gullit on the BBC says Higuaín thrives on crosses yet sees a problem as our wide men like to cut inside.

If you play Emerson’s or CHO that particular problem goes away. 

Unfortunately neither are teachers pet. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jasonb said:

So , Morata is useless because he misses sooooo many chances and Higuain won't be any good because we won't give him enough scoring opportunities .

Glad we could sort that out .

Not attacking you Jason !

Really liked how he got himself involved from the sidelines against Spurs. 

Compare that to Morata - the difference couldn't have been any bigger. A striker that actually cares!