• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Chelsea sign Gonzalo Higuain

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

In any case, a vast improvement on Morata. 

If only we could have signed him 5 seasons ago. 

If only they'd got him in the summer like Sarri wanted... 

47 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

That's what the rumours says at least.

But I have a lot of sympathy with the club not being ready to dish out £50m for a player that's 31 and quite clearly on a downward trajectory. Conte seemingly expected the club to spend a lot of dosh on similar players. Candreva was the biggest joke of them all. Quite rightly the club refused. 

xCELERYx   
3 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

In any case, a vast improvement on Morata. 

If only we could have signed him 5 seasons ago. 

Fielding 10 men would have been an improvement on Morata.

Quite possibly one of, if not the most overhyped player I think I've possibly seen. 

1 hour ago, xCELERYx said:

Fielding 10 men would have been an improvement on Morata.

Quite possibly one of, if not the most overhyped player I think I've possibly seen. 

You certainly called that one right (as far as I understand it)! 

I thought we did have a player on our hands and technically he’s quite good. But mentally he’s as weak as you can get!

Read somewhere today how happy he is with life, team, league and manager in the UK even the physical side he was ready for. Lets hope we get a good 18 months from him and start planning soon for his replacement.

9 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I wonder if it is exactly Higuain underwhelming at Milan that made our deal possible ... Juventus will surely need a fair whack of money back on him to cover costs, and perhaps they saw that money slipping away when Higuain's form became less than persuasive. 

40 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I wonder if it is exactly Higuain underwhelming at Milan that made our deal possible ... Juventus will surely need a fair whack of money back on him to cover costs, and perhaps they saw that money slipping away when Higuain's form became less than persuasive. 

Yep , good point.

50 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Juve are not dumb, they always have it their way here in Italy and the point is valid. They wanted to keep Milan sweet as they also wanted Bonucci back and needed space for Ronnie so offloading an ageing Higuian was a good move. They wouldnt have considered selling directly to us at the money we would have likely offered. They rarely offload players on the cheap, they dont need to.

I do like his movement and two cracking finishes. Unlike with Morata Hazard seems to want to play him the ball