• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Sheffield Wednesday 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our FA Cup Fourth Round match against Sheffield Wednesday at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 18:00  Sunday, 27th January, 2019 (Local UK time/date).

Rob B   

This is an ideal opportunity to give minutes to Christensen, Ampadu and CHO,  whilst giving a debut to Higuaín 

I’d go...

Kepa, Zappa, Rudiger, Christensen, Emerson, Ampadu, Kovacic, Barkley, Willian, Higuain, CHO 

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Rob B said:

This is an ideal opportunity to give minutes to Christensen, Ampadu and CHO,  whilst giving a debut to Higuaín 

I’d go...

Kepa, Zappa, Rudiger, Christensen, Emerson, Ampadu, Kovacic, Barkley, Willian, Higuain, CHO 

Would probably give Willy a go. He's been out of action for a while :-)

Christensen apparently missed yesterday with a hamstring issue, so doubtful for Sunday I would assume. Might have to wheel out Cahill or Drinkwater. 

• Like 1

I'd go:

Caballero

Zappa Rudiger Christensen Emerson

Kante Ampadu Kovacic

Willian Higuain CHO

Subs: Kepa, Alonso, Luiz, Barkley, Pedro, Piazon, Giroud

3 hours ago, Rob B said:

I’d go...

Good ideas.
You pick the players who won't play next PL game, so Alonso vs Emerson here will be a (reverse) big clue to the rest of the season.
I'd like to rest Rudiger too.  Perhaps Azpi or Ampadu or Alonso at CB.  Especially now we seem to be entering the last half of season with 3 CBs only.

20 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Good ideas.
You pick the players who won't play next PL game, so Alonso vs Emerson here will be a (reverse) big clue to the rest of the season.
I'd like to rest Rudiger too.  Perhaps Azpi or Ampadu or Alonso at CB.  Especially now we seem to be entering the last half of season with 3 CBs only.

Of course, in regard to this I would like to see Alonso start tomorrow. I think Emerson deserves a run for the next few PL games as he seems to be hitting form whilst Alonso has been quite poor for a while now. A rest should do Alonso good and healthy competition might make him step up his game. After the Arsenal game when Sarri made his comments he mentioned that there might be a few small changes. Perhaps dropping Alonso is one. It never hurts to show that a senior player is not untouchable. 

jones   

CHO starting is obviously a no-brainer. Good opportunity to test Ampadu in the Jorginho role. Hopefully Christensen is back, he needs every minute he can get at the moment. Emerson excelled against Spurs, so I have Alonso in here for Emerson to start against Bournemouth. And anything else than a start for Higuain would be a murder for the fans, who have not seen a proper CF in 1.5 years. The wait has been too long to bare.

Willy 

Zappa Christensen Rudiger Alonso

Kovacic Ampadu RLC

Willian Higuain CHO

I think Emerson should start the next few games, including this one. 

Why on earth shouldn't he start today and against Bournemouth?

Rob B   
28 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I think Emerson should start the next few games, including this one. 

Why on earth shouldn't he start today and against Bournemouth?

My thoughts exactly - if anything, a run of games on the bounce is probably ideal for him 

Hoping odoi starts because of the rumours of a transfer request if he starts can see him staying until the end of the season I would love to see him on the rw and hazard on the left in future games but if he’s not picked today he’s off . Higuain to start and get a goal in a 3-0 win