• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Sheffield Wednesday 0

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

I think Emerson should start the next few games, including this one. 

Why on earth shouldn't he start today and against Bournemouth?

Completely agree, he's barely had any game time this season, he needs the games and now is the time do do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Holymoly   

Interesting article in the Sunday Times today about Sarri and Chelsea in general.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/maurizio-sarri-looks-more-scapegoat-than-saviour-at-chelsea-jw8w22x68

It would be nice to see us give Higuain a run out against comparatively weak opponents and utilise a different midfield from the usual Kante/Jorginho/Kovacic.

However if things go tits up I can see the atmousphere becoming a trifle toxic after the mudslinging over the last week or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/01/2019 at 7:33 AM, Rob B said:

This is an ideal opportunity to give minutes to Christensen, Ampadu and CHO,  whilst giving a debut to Higuaín 

I’d go...

Kepa, Zappa, Rudiger, Christensen, Emerson, Ampadu, Kovacic, Barkley, Willian, Higuain, CHO 

Agree overall for sure, but I'm not sure if Higuain is match fit. Is he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/01/2019 at 9:33 AM, jones said:

CHO starting is obviously a no-brainer. Good opportunity to test Ampadu in the Jorginho role. Hopefully Christensen is back, he needs every minute he can get at the moment. Emerson excelled against Spurs, so I have Alonso in here for Emerson to start against Bournemouth. And anything else than a start for Higuain would be a murder for the fans, who have not seen a proper CF in 1.5 years. The wait has been too long to bare.

Willy 

Zappa Christensen Rudiger Alonso

Kovacic Ampadu RLC

Willian Higuain CHO

If he really has handed in a transfer request, then might that not mitigate against selecting him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Interesting article in the Sunday Times today about Sarri and Chelsea in general.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/maurizio-sarri-looks-more-scapegoat-than-saviour-at-chelsea-jw8w22x68

It would be nice to see us give Higuain a run out against comparatively weak opponents and utilise a different midfield from the usual Kante/Jorginho/Kovacic.

However if things go tits up I can see the atmousphere becoming a trifle toxic after the mudslinging over the last week or so.

Looks like it would have been an interesting read, but it was necessary to subscribe to read it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue Rod   
12 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Agree overall for sure, but I'm not sure if Higuain is match fit. Is he?

Well, that is the question. If he was playing every match at AC Milan, we would want to to give him a break before he (re)starts. If he was not playing, we would want to give him run-in time. But for a guy who is unfit (which some at AC Milan blame for his poor performance), would quarantining him (which makes him even more unfit) be the way forward?

On the sentimental side, I can't help but get goosebumps with the guy suggesting that Chelsea gave him a reason not to quit football. I just hope that his performance at Chelsea does not give me the reason to quit football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Well, that is the question. If he was playing every match at AC Milan, we would want to to give him a break before he (re)starts. If he was not playing, we would want to give him run-in time. But for a guy who is unfit (which some at AC Milan blame for his poor performance), would quarantining him (which makes him even more unfit) be the way forward?

On the sentimental side, I can't help but get goosebumps with the guy suggesting that Chelsea gave him a reason not to quit football. I just hope that his performance at Chelsea does not give me the reason to quit football. 

I don't think you're going to be doing that Rod, however Higuain turns out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue Rod   
13 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

I don't think you're going to be doing that Rod, however Higuain turns out.

Well, Pete, I have been through a lot, as you may well testify. I don't know how much more my battered heart can take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kev61   
8 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Well, Pete, I have been through a lot, as you may well testify. I don't know how much more my battered heart can take.

Eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Well, Pete, I have been through a lot, as you may well testify. I don't know how much more my battered heart can take.

Quite so Rod. Quite so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.