• Current Donation Goals

11 minutes ago, Ham said:

I genuinely believe the Barkley offers more from a positive standpoint. He's more attack minded than Kovacic who flatters to deceive more often than not. 

Attack    Barkley 4/10  Kovacic 3/10     RLC 5/10
Defence Barkley 3/10  Kovacic 6/10     RLC 2/10

Can't get excited about any of them.

I'd play Willian there if only we had some more AM options

Imagine what happens now if Jorginho or Kante gets injured.  

Ham   
34 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Attack    Barkley 4/10  Kovacic 3/10     RLC 5/10
Defence Barkley 3/10  Kovacic 6/10     RLC 2/10

Can't get excited about any of them.

I'd play Willian there if only we had some more AM options

Imagine what happens now if Jorginho or Kante gets injured.  

Disagree completely on Barkley's defensive score there. 

He's an incredibly hard worker in both halves of the pitch. 

chelboy   

Barkley has been poor lately but I think Sarri tactics does not get the best out of him. He is more of a direct player that is better at getting in and around the box. Anytime he goes out there he looks afraid to try anything as this system is so heavily based on possession. When I watched him at Everton he was best at taking people on and being direct while also having a good shot in him. He needs more freedom in his role or to be allowed to express himself. Heavy Possession football does not suit him. 

15 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Barkley has been poor lately but I think Sarri tactics does not get the best out of him. He is more of a direct player that is better at getting in and around the box. Anytime he goes out there he looks afraid to try anything as this system is so heavily based on possession. When I watched him at Everton he was best at taking people on and being direct while also having a good shot in him. He needs more freedom in his role or to be allowed to express himself. Heavy Possession football does not suit him. 

Well that is what I had imagined he'd be like.  But I don't get how Kante seems to get in and around the oppo box, and Barkley doesn't.

Ham   
17 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well that is what I had imagined he'd be like.  But I don't get how Kante seems to get in and around the oppo box, and Barkley doesn't.

Is this even true? Does one get in and around the box more than the other? 

14 minutes ago, Ham said:

Is this even true? Does one get in and around the box more than the other? 

It does seem to be true.  But of course it could just be an illusion because Kante is invariably moving in and out, while Barkley is generally waiting for play to catch up with him.
Mind you, that would be much more effective play by Kante anyway.

I guess Kovacic, RLC and Barkley have to the end of the season to impress Sarri as next season's second choice and we will try out someone new in the summer.
Still think it is a shame Fabregas wasn't tried there.

Ham   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

It does seem to be true.  But of course it could just be an illusion because Kante is invariably moving in and out, while Barkley is generally waiting for play to catch up with him.

I think it's more a case of us taking note of Kante that far up the field every time he does it whereas it's not so memorable to see Barkley there. 

1 hour ago, Ham said:

I think it's more a case of us taking note of Kante that far up the field every time he does it whereas it's not so memorable to see Barkley there. 

Well yes.  On the other hand, put a mark on the half way line half way between centre circle and left hand touch line.  
Take the mid-point between ball and that mark.  That is where Barkley is.  So easy to play him out of the game.

2 minutes ago, Never happy said:

CHO not even on the bench!!!

Quite right.  We have 2 fit CFs instead of none, and 3 fit AMs ahead of him in the pecking order.