• Current Donation Goals

kratos   

A huge part of the problem is apart from the constant, aimless passing is that Sarri keeps getting the midfield wrong.

He will always favour Jorginho in that deep role but judging from what I've seen so far does he do anything that Kante can't do or better?

Kovacic offers nothing creative or goal threat which makes me wonder why he keeps getting favoured most of the time.

And that leaves Kante who has had to play a whole new position where you are not going to get the best out of him.

3 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

As I originally said, Higuian's biggest challenge will be adapting to the pace of English football

I think his biggest challenge will be scoring goals when no fool passes to him.

Blue Rod   
5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

12 or more years ago at least.

When did you ever do otherwise?

You mean get my predictions wrong? 

Look at my record about managers. It's close to 100% for predicting success and failure. Then compare to yours. Your approach has been to decide whether you like or dislike a manager from day one, then stick to your position whatever he does, often at the expense of any sense or reason. 

You spent a whole time on this forum criticising Conte in his first year, for players standing "in the wrong place". I backed Conte because I could see what he was doing. When his system became too predictable, I pointed that out.

With Sarri, no one, you included, has tried to explain why this dinosaur shite fossil of a system should work. Sarri makes Arsene Wenger look like a genius.  

• Like 2

Dingus   
5 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

100 million pounds for Hazard could go a long way if invested properly. 

Given the clubs investment in players in recent years, I wouldn’t trust them with £100m one bit.

Blue Rod   

Poor Higuan, could and should have stayed away from this mess. I raised all the issues with his signing on this forum only days ago - a good striker who is way past his peak, out of shape and out of speed, not the striker we need, and most importantly, our lack of goals being a midfield problem first and foremost. 

To add insult to injury, expect Morata to start banging in the goals at Athletico, not because he is a 40 goal aseason striker, but because he will get a decent supply of chances from his midfield (of which he is bound to miss some, of course). Hopefully we can get him back in good shape sooner than later. 

Holymoly   

Sarri-ball is a myth. What we have here is another example of Wenger-ball where we are quite happy to pass the ball ineffectively from side to side while puffing on our cigars. Then when we lose possession our midfield is  not set up to defend in front of the back four. Jorginho must be the only DM in world football incapable of defending. I have no idea what Kovacic does and Kante is so out of position it's laughable. Every game with those three we may as well start the game with 8 players for all they provide offensively or defensively. But hey it's all fine because we can pass the ball around for minutes at a time.

The worst part is though that the players have given up now too and Azpilicueta is too nice a guy to knock heads together to get them to play for one another.

I'm not worried though. We'll just sack Sarri and start again next season, and will keep doing this process until we hit upon a manager that can give us a title. Then we'll sack him too.

Who'd be a Chelsea supporter. 

I've just watched the goals back again.

The defending for the first goal is so bad it defies belief , what is wrong with tackling the player with the ball instead of a eight players tearing past him to get back into position defensively ?

We are clueless on crosses so why allow someone time and space to put one in ? Why isn't anyone putting him into the stands ? We are a bunch of boys playing mans football.

Someone has to stand up and be a bloody man. 

Vinod   

This mess is a result of incompatibility between the players and the manager. The manager does not have the players he needs, the players don't have the manager they want. A laissez-faire manager like Ancelotti would have been able to get better results with this lot. 

My gripe with Sarri is his stubbornness. If we get him the squad that he needs, AND he is not able to deliver; then it will be a while before we get back to the top again. The players will have way too much to unlearn and relearn. 

As for the players, it's shocking how rigid these lot. The manager clearly wants to play in a particular fashion. However, apart from Kante and Azpi, every player is doing the same things they used to do under Conte and Jose before that. Expect they are much much slower. 

Hazard still pauses, looks around and dribbles. Luiz is as casual in defending as he always was. Alonso still looks to get into the box at every opportunity, never mind there is no third CB to cover for him. Willian, Pedro, Barkley - every player is a carbon copy of the player he was a year back. 

Is it a surprise that the results haven't gone our way? Maybe the reason why we manage to get results in big games is not so much about motivation as it is about players playing their natural game.

Ham   

And he wonders why he can't motivate this group...... 

For the record I thought Ampadu was excellent. 

Screenshot_20190131-082522_Samsung Internet.jpg

8 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

What the hell is Roman thinking?

Michael I've said it earlier, he doesn't come to games anymore, I think he's looking to sell up..rumoured that if someone offers him 3 billion he would take it