• Current Donation Goals

Gonzalo Higuain is handed his Premier League debut for the Blues while Emerson Palmieri makes his first league start of the season.
Having started against Sheffield Wednesday on Sunday, Higuain is once again selected to lead the line this evening, and he is joined in attack by Eden Hazard and Pedro, who return to the side.

David Luiz comes back in to partner Toni Rudiger in central defence while Emerson, impressive against Tottenham in the Carabao Cup last week, starts at left-back.

Former Chelsea defender Nathan Ake starts for the hosts, while both Asmir Begovic and Dominic Solanke are named among the Bournemouth subs.

Chelsea:

Kepa; Azpilicueta (c), Rudiger, David Luiz, Emerson; Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic; Pedro, Higuain, Hazard.

Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Alonso, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, Willian, Giroud.

Bournemouth:

Boruc, Clyne, Cook, Gosling, Ake, Surman (c), Smith, Stanislas, Brooks, Fraser, King.

Subs: Begovic, Mousset, Ibe, Daniels, Rico, Solanke, Mepham.

Tonight’s referee is Roger East

Emerson, Pedro and Higuain in as many expected

chelboy   
16 minutes ago, Never happy said:

CHO not even on the bench!!!

At least Sarri is getting closer to our best 11. Only real missing piece is Ruben. Soon he may realise he is our best and probably only true no.8 in this system. 

A big FU to CHO from the club . Can't go to Bayern Munich now so no minutes for you !

A lesson in loyalty ?

JaneB   

I know the build is all wrong but for a fleeting moment I thought you know who was back 😳 And no not Cesc.

image.jpeg

Edited by JaneB

chelboy   
9 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

A big FU to CHO from the club . Can't go to Bayern Munich now so no minutes for you !

A lesson in loyalty ?

I don’t think it’s a lesson. He is just 4/5th choice. RLC was ahead of CHO before his injury. If RLC is fit CHO will not be in the matchday squad realistically. So I do not understand why people expect him to be happy with such a limited role. Quite clear to see why he wants to leave. 

DannyLB   
1 minute ago, chelboy said:

I don’t think it’s a lesson. He is just 4/5th choice. RLC was ahead of CHO before his injury. If RLC is fit CHO will not be in the matchday squad realistically. So I do not understand why people expect him to be happy with such a limited role. Quite clear to see why he wants to leave. 

That poor 18 year old with an 85k/week offer on the table that is breaking into a top team...

• Like 1

Just now, DannyLB said:

That poor 18 year old with an 85k/week offer on the table that is breaking into a top team...

while still at school

A bit disappointed that Odoi is not even on the bench but glad Loftus-Cheek is in the squad and Emerson starting instead of alonso hoping for good performances and 3-1 win 

18 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

A lesson in loyalty ?

Really? One fit CF starting. One fit CF on the bench. One senior AM on the bench. Two 'up and coming' CMs, one of whom can also play AM and both senior to CHO. Who would you have CHO  replace on the bench?

I'm hoping CHO stays at the club and makes it as a major contributor to future glories, but he still has much to learn and no matter how frustrated I get at Willian and (to a lesser extent) Pedro, both work considerably harder without the ball than CHO does presently. In a game like this, you pick the strongest starting XI you can and the strongest bench you can.