• Current Donation Goals

2 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Just saw this now, via twitter:

Sarri on Plan B: "Why? First of all I want to do very well the Plan A. I don't want to change something that at the moment doesn't work very well. First of all, I want to see my football played very well. Then we can go to change something" 

Personally, I think it’s suicidal to not want to change something that isn’t working and the current players are unsuited to. Even if just for the short term until he gets the players he needs. 

But it’s his job, I guess. Don’t know how patient the Board will be if things don’t turn around though. 

I watched that press conference and it made me feel a bit easier about the situation. He is not an idiot. He is doing what he can to implement a plan and it isn't going very well. He can see that and has admitted as much. He is going to stick with it, because, if he changes now, we are going to end up straight back with the dull football of the last regime, then he will get sacked and we will start the whole sorry process again. I think we need to be patient, we need to give him this season and at least up to Xmas, regardless of what happens. By then, we should be seeing some real signs of where we are going. Dont expect too much before then. He needs to stick with the usual suspects, because, if you can get 11 of them achieving the plan, it is easier to feed the others into that plan bit by bit. Jorginho will not get replaced, Kante will continue where he is. The defence is likely to remain unchanged. They need to make the main plan work before any of the rest can be altered. Its painful and it is frustrating, but it makes sense in the longer term.

• Like 2

Blue Rod   
2 hours ago, southcoastal said:

Via The Grauniad
Sarri pre match, A bit on Jorginho.
“I want to do very well the Plan A. I don’t want to change something that isn’t working, I want to see it play well and then we look to change something. Everybody ten years ago knew Barcelona, they won everything because they played well their football. I want to play my football. It depends what you want from Jorginho. If it is the last pass then he has not adapted. He usually plays 40 or 45 minutes from goal, so it is impossible to so the last pass. He is very good at other things. “

He’s like a small child starting with One piece of Lego Duplo (Jorginho)  and a large box of  Lego Technic (The rest of the squad), attempting to build some cohesive thing that works.
Utterly flawed, Moreso when you single Building Duplo block has proved unsuitable for the intended application

Call it lost in translation. Because if the manager really meant to say something this incoherent I would be very very worried. He does not want to change something that is not working..., because something that is not working would start working if you keep doing it. Quite how this makes any sense is beyond me.

If it's broken, don't fix it - our new philosophy.

27 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Call it lost in translation. Because if the manager really meant to say something this incoherent I would be very very worried. He does not want to change something that is not working..., because something that is not working would start working if you keep doing it. Quite how this makes any sense is beyond me.

If it's broken, don't fix it - our new philosophy.

C'mon Rod , if it's broken , keep working even harder until you fix it , that's what he's saying .

Blue Rod   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

C'mon Rod , if it's broken , keep working even harder until you fix it , that's what he's saying .

Well, Mark, I think we need a translator for Mr Sarri. Now we know what the problem is; bloody useless translators giving wrong instructions to the team.

kev61   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

The thing is Mark, isn't Jorginho at the heart of his system? whom imo is the least effective player in the team bar none so what does that say about the system and him.

Leo91   

If you haven't seen it yet I recommend Moneyball with Brad Pitt. Good insight to why some people dont change from a plan even if it's going wrong.

Edited by Leo91

kratos   
38 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

If you haven't seen it yet I recommend Moneyball with Brad Pitt. Good insight to why some people dont change from a plan even if it's going wrong.

God I love that movie.

21 minutes ago, kratos said:

God I love that movie.

Me too .

1 hour ago, Leo91 said:

All Michael Lewis's books are good and very good insights into something or other (I have read nearly all of them and seen the films).

Ham   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

All Michael Lewis's books are good and very good insights into something or other 

Expect to see that quote on the back cover of his next book. 

Edited by Ham