• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 5 Huddersfield Town 0

16 minutes ago, Aussie1979 said:

Why is it a myth that he should have game time instead of Pedro and Willian when both of them have been average for the last 2 months I get your big fans of both of them but don’t try and make out there in form when there not 

I think the response that would mean something would be to talk about just how good you think CHO has been.  Has he been a standout talent, or just the ordinary player but promising teenager that the rest have seen.  

• Like 1

Bumped into an old mate at the game yesterday,  someone I've not seen in a while and chatted with him about all things in general. He's not a fan of the style of football at the moment but was really excited about watching us over the next couple of years.

He was saying that although at the moment we are not playing the greatest football in the world we are keeping the ball well and have the second highest possession in the league. His way of thinking is that we have grasped the very basics of Sarriball,  which is keeping the ball and should now evolve our style of play and become better over time. Nearly all our players have spent most of their time here playing defensive counter attacking football and it would be unfair to expect them to play like Barcelona after 6 months. 

He's not one to go on any sort of forum or social media and was genuienly gobsmacked when I was telling him the amount of grief Sarri was getting at games and on places like this. 

He literally laughed out loud when I said people wanted him sacked.  

I know none of you on here will care but it was refreshing to hear a different view point from someone who was a regular at matches for a long time up until the last 5 years or so amidst all the doom and gloom.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

He was awful when he came on. Hardly giving Sarri much to think about it.

Not the first time this season either.

As I said previously I've been massively underwhelmed by him every time I've seen him. 

Well he’s not really had the chance now has he . Looked good in the cup games but hasn’t started a prem game and he looks a massive talent for his age I would understand him not getting game time if Pedro and Willian were on form but they are not and haven’t been for some time

3 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Not the first time this season either.

As I said previously I've been massively underwhelmed by him every time I've seen him. 

No offence but what do you want him to do in a few minutes beat 5 people and smash it top corner you have been underwhelmed.  By odoi But he’s hardly played But you moan about other fans been underwelmed about Sarri ball

9 minutes ago, Aussie1979 said:

Well he’s not really had the chance now has he . Looked good in the cup games but hasn’t started a prem game and he looks a massive talent for his age I would understand him not getting game time if Pedro and Willian were on form but they are not and haven’t been for some time

I think you should talk more then about how good he looked in cup games, not Wilian and Pedro who are 31 and have a year on their contract.
He finishes school this summer, and will probably go on loan if he signs a Chelsea contract, or will rot at Cobham for a year like Solanke if he doesn't.  The near future is Pulisic.

2 minutes ago, Aussie1979 said:

No offence but what do you want him to do in a few minutes beat 5 people and smash it top corner you have been underwhelmed.  By odoi But he’s hardly played But you moan about other fans been underwelmed about Sarri ball

Name an 18 year old player at a top club who has played more  (and CHO next year at BM does not count).

He’s had a combined 74 minutes of premiership football in 4 sub appearances Not much is it Vinicius junior Real Madrid has definitely played more than odoi he’s only 18

25 minutes ago, Aussie1979 said:

He’s had a combined 74 minutes of premiership football in 4 sub appearances Not much is it Vinicius junior Real Madrid has definitely played more than odoi he’s only 18

Haven't checked Junior's stats to compare but whatever they are that's only one player, sort of proves the point.

41 minutes ago, Aussie1979 said:

No I dont expect that. At all. 

Not sure what others being underwhelmed by Sarriball has anything to do with it?

5 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Haven't checked Junior's stats to compare but whatever they are that's only one player, sort of proves the point.

And nearly all his RM starts are in the last month.

He is an interesting case though - he did play a lot for Flamengo, he was bought for a lot of money by RM.  And what did they do, a few minutes here and there and then straight into the first team....    .... of Real Madrid Castilla.

We'll see what CHO can do when he finishes school and goes off on loan.