• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 5 Huddersfield Town 0

Ham   
39 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

No they haven't been class, but both are better than CHO at the moment. 

Given how much **** Sarri si getting for potentially not getting a top four, how on earth do you expect him to play an inferior player just to please the fans? Pedro has still scored 7 league goals this season. Not to be sniffed at imo. 

Pedro and Willian has scored 22% of our PL goals this season. 

Perhaps because they get game time?

Willian = 1631 minutes 3 goals.

Pedro = 1166 minutes 7 goals

CHO = 74 minutes 0 goals

3 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

No they haven't been class, but both are better than CHO at the moment. 

Given how much **** Sarri si getting for potentially not getting a top four, how on earth do you expect him to play an inferior player just to please the fans? Pedro has still scored 7 league goals this season. Not to be sniffed at imo. 

Pedro and Willian has scored 22% of our PL goals this season. 

We will never know if he doesn’t play now will we and how many assists have they got between them ? So we just keep playing players who are out of form based on the history 

9 minutes ago, Aussie1979 said:

We will never know if he doesn’t play now will we and how many assists have they got between them ? So we just keep playing players who are out of form based on the history 

The manager sees CHO in training every day. You’ve seen him in a handful of cup games. The argument “we will never know” might be true. For us. 

I think the basis for the decision made is somewhat different. 

2 hours ago, Ham said:

CHO = 74 minutes 0 goals

Yes - is this somehow proof for CHO being the better player? Not having a go, but to just say he should play ahead of two players who’s won the lot is a bit rich no? Based on what? He’s a good teenager? Is that enough? 

Sarri picks the team knowing full well his job is on the line. You second guess him from the comfort of your sofa. The perspectives are quite different. 

Ham   
54 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Yes - is this somehow proof for CHO being the better player? Not having a go, but to just say he should play ahead of two players who’s won the lot is a bit rich no? Based on what? He’s a good teenager? Is that enough? 

Sarri picks the team knowing full well his job is on the line. You second guess him from the comfort of your sofa. The perspectives are quite different. 

That wasn't the purpose of the post. I was pointing out that using the number of goals scored by the other two was a bit unfair to the one who wasn't playing. 

I'll give you three examples of why I'm a big fan of CHO. None are evidence that he's better than the other two but they're suggestions of what is yet to come.

1) His man of the match performance v Arsenal in the pre season friendly where he single handedly destroyed them on the left wing. Doesn't matter that it was a friendly as Arsenal were actually just ahead of us in terms of fitness IIRC.

2) Those 2 touches for his cup goal at the Bridge.  Again, the level of opposition was irrelevant as those two touches were so good that no defender in the world would have stopped him. 

3) Those crosses for Morata from the right wing. 

A few on here have suggested that he hasn't done anything of note in a Chelsea shirt.  I beg to differ. 

He gives us something completely different to the other two. He's quicker, plays wider and is more direct. 

Defences generally know what to expect from Willian and Pedro.  Both prefer to cut inside from wide. CHO is a surprise package for most.

For that reason I'd be mortified if we lose him soon in favour of two players who are not going to be around for long. 

A week or so ago Sarri said that the reason he'd dropped CHO back to the bench was because he had played 3 days earlier and he then proceeded to play 30+ Willian twice in a few days. 

• Like 4

johnboy   

Totally off the subject of the game but have you seen Hazards outrageous skills with the American football on the Chelsea site.

It is incredible!

Rob B   
2 hours ago, johnboy said:

Totally off the subject of the game but have you seen Hazards outrageous skills with the American football on the Chelsea site.

It is incredible!

Yep, absolutely outrageous !!

Blue Rod   
5 hours ago, Ham said:

That wasn't the purpose of the post. I was pointing out that using the number of goals scored by the other two was a bit unfair to the one who wasn't playing. 

I'll give you three examples of why I'm a big fan of CHO. None are evidence that he's better than the other two but they're suggestions of what is yet to come.

1) His man of the match performance v Arsenal in the pre season friendly where he single handedly destroyed them on the left wing. Doesn't matter that it was a friendly as Arsenal were actually just ahead of us in terms of fitness IIRC.

2) Those 2 touches for his cup goal at the Bridge.  Again, the level of opposition was irrelevant as those two touches were so good that no defender in the world would have stopped him. 

3) Those crosses for Morata from the right wing. 

A few on here have suggested that he hasn't done anything of note in a Chelsea shirt.  I beg to differ. 

He gives us something completely different to the other two. He's quicker, plays wider and is more direct. 

Defences generally know what to expect from Willian and Pedro.  Both prefer to cut inside from wide. CHO is a surprise package for most.

For that reason I'd be mortified if we lose him soon in favour of two players who are not going to be around for long. 

A week or so ago Sarri said that the reason he'd dropped CHO back to the bench was because he had played 3 days earlier and he then proceeded to play 30+ Willian twice in a few days. 

I have asked several times for someone to point me to one thing that Willian has done this season that is worth remembering. That is when you know you are in the mediocrity territory, when fans are just happy to praise a player but don't remember why. 

kev61   
37 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

I have asked several times for someone to point me to one thing that Willian has done this season that is worth remembering. That is when you know you are in the mediocrity territory, when fans are just happy to praise a player but don't remember why. 

Winston Churchill said 'the greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation with the average voter' - or the average football supporter.

That is a bit harsh but,a lot of fans just  agree with people that just google to get an opinion without any clue how the game is played or what they have just watched.

Edited by kev61

Blue Rod   
18 hours ago, Ham said:

CHO = 74 minutes 0 

Sarri has said, he won't change something that is not working. So, if a player is not performing, just play him until he starts performing. Who knows one day Jorginho might even score a goal. It might take him 10,000 game minutes, who knows.