• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 5 Huddersfield Town 0

5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well put

He's been in the first team only last month.  It is possible to play for hte B team and play the odd cup cameo for the first team in Spain.
Yes I know you don't know what stats I am looking at - clearly.  That is why I am telling you.

But your wrong he’s made a 11 appearances in La Liga and only 5 for the b team also played in Copa del Rey and champions league so I don’t honestly know what stars your looking at

26 minutes ago, Aussie1979 said:

But your wrong he’s made a 11 appearances in La Liga and only 5 for the b team also played in Copa del Rey and champions league so I don’t honestly know what stars your looking at

Look at the dates, look at my post and what I said, you'll get it eventually.  I suggest you use a PC and don't try on a phone.

53 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

That Willian has created 55 chances this season, should have sent you running for the hills. It must be one the most ludicrous facts I have ever come across.

On this 'fact' Willian is miles better than Hazard in that department. Sadly I am not the only  guy who thinks this is pants, or we would be sitting on a £150m player

So facts are OK so long as they don't clash with your opinions.. Got it.

No I don’t get it he’s played 11 times in Real Madrid first team in La Liga must be a long month to play 11 games and I don’t own a pc sorry 

Edited by Aussie1979

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Nearly 600 club games, best part of 300 for Chelsea over 6 years and 64 caps for Brazil. 

Far more better qualified people than you think he's is and always has been a quality footballer.

28 goals in 190 league games. Average player who’s capable of the odd moment of brilliance. He has also been terrible this season, Pedro is a far better option in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Blue Rod   
6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Look at the dates, look at my post and what I said, you'll get it eventually.  I suggest you use a PC and don't try on a phone.

So facts are OK so long as they don't clash with your opinions.. Got it.

Anyone who takes this stats seriously would first ask who decides what a chance is, and how many of Willian's trademark overhit or misplaced passes have made it into this overbloated number. As often the case, this 'fact" has subjective human judgement written all over it. 

Edited by Blue Rod

kev61   
1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

Anyone who takes this stats seriously would first ask who decides what a chance is, and how many of Willian's trademark overhit or misplaced passes have made it into this overbloated number. As often the case, this 'fact" has subjective human judgement written all over it. 

Stats are like a form of Braille to people who cannot see what's in front them whilst watching a game of football.Kyle Monogue  statistically rates very highly in the singing and the entertainment world,but to me at least a million singers are better than her in the UK alone

Personally I think she is wonderful,  not for her singing voice but for a certain pair of gold hot pants she once wore. 

Edited by kev61

kev61   
11 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

I'm suggesting you differentiate between facts and opinions. The two are different. You can debate an opinion.

The way I see it 'Bing sings and Walt Disney '!

17 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

I simply meant to say collect the facts that you want and disregard the fact that you don't want.

Vinod   

If one were to only read forums, one would think that there are only two possible outcomes to every problem. We have seen enough to know Willian's strengths and flaws. In my first and only game I saw at the Bridge (2-1 loss to Liverpool in Conte's first season), I got a seat in West Upper at halfway line. Willian was playing RW. Whenever the play was on the left side, Willian was almost unerringly in offside position, regardless of who had the ball. He effectively ruled out a long ball to the right. I have concluded (from that game and others I have seen on the telly) that Willian has a short field of view. He is magnificent if the play is within 15 yards. He is focussed in attack and defence. He has no qualms chasing down opposition fullbacks. His workrate is brilliant. It is just that he loses focus if the play is outside is attention radius (literally speaking!). That's why you rarely see him attempt crosses and long balls. That is also why a lot of his attacks end up wasted. It's when he does not have players in his line of sight. One might say he is the polar opposite of Cesc.

There is very little doubt in my mind that while Willian is (and should be in the near future) a valuable squad player, we should keep looking for an upgrade to start on the right side. Honestly. that's a view I have been holding for 5 years; but as with most things with Chelsea, you can only hope.

7 minutes ago, Vinod said:

If one were to only read forums, one would think that there are only two possible outcomes to every problem. We have seen enough to know Willian's strengths and flaws. In my first and only game I saw at the Bridge (2-1 loss to Liverpool in Conte's first season), I got a seat in West Upper at halfway line. Willian was playing RW. Whenever the play was on the left side, Willian was almost unerringly in offside position, regardless of who had the ball. He effectively ruled out a long ball to the right. I have concluded (from that game and others I have seen on the telly) that Willian has a short field of view. He is magnificent if the play is within 15 yards. He is focussed in attack and defence. He has no qualms chasing down opposition fullbacks. His workrate is brilliant. It is just that he loses focus if the play is outside is attention radius (literally speaking!). That's why you rarely see him attempt crosses and long balls. That is also why a lot of his attacks end up wasted. It's when he does not have players in his line of sight. One might say he is the polar opposite of Cesc.

There is very little doubt in my mind that while Willian is (and should be in the near future) a valuable squad player, we should keep looking for an upgrade to start on the right side. Honestly. that's a view I have been holding for 5 years; but as with most things with Chelsea, you can only hope.

I wonder if that's why he's always frowning ? Maybe he's squinting instead ?