• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 5 Huddersfield Town 0

Blue Rod   

How about restore Kante to the base of our midfield, a role he is best at, send Hazard and Willian to the wings and stick Giroud or Higuan up there, for a change? Oh, it would seem too retrograde for some of our fans. After all, a car with a steering wheel is so so last season's. 

Vinod   

I don't care if we win lose, draw or win 8-0. What I want to see is relentless energy on the field. I'd rather see us lose points by giving 100 % than exhibit pathetic football and still win 2-0 because, well, Huddersfield.

chelboy   

Barkley ahead of RLC again..very disappointed with that. Unless it’s injury RLC should be ahead of Barkley in that no.8 role. 

Bollocks team selection that shouldn’t matter as it’s Huddersfield. Can’t remember the last time I was less enthused by a Chelsea game. 

Andreas Christensen comes into the side for today's game and are also starts for Marcos Alonso, Ross Barkley and Willian.
The Danish defender makes only his second Premier League start of the campaign and partners David Luiz at the heart of the back four, while Alonso replaces Emerson at left-back.

Further forward, Barkley is given the nod over Mateo Kovacic in midfield and Willian starts on the right of the attacking trio, with Gonzalo Higuain leading the line.

Both Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Callum Hudson-Odoi are among the subs.

Chelsea:

Kepa; Azpilicueta (c), Christensen, David Luiz, Alonso; Kante, Jorginho, Barkley; Willian, Higuain, Hazard.

Subs: Caballero, Rudiger, Kovacic, Loftus-Cheek, Pedro, Hudson-Odoi, Giroud.

Huddersfield:

Lossl, Smith, Kongolo, Bacuna, Billing, Kachunga, Mooy, Diakhaby, Lowe, Mbenza, Schindler.

Subs: Hamer, Grant, Pritchard, Mounie, Zanka,  Hadergjonaj, Puncheon.

Today's referee is Paul Tierney.

Other than Christensen for Rudiger, pretty much as we might have expected.

DannyLB   
2 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

How about restore Kante to the base of our midfield, a role he is best at, send Hazard and Willian to the wings and stick Giroud or Higuan up there, for a change? Oh, it would seem too retrograde for some of our fans. After all, a car with a steering wheel is so so last season's. 

4-4-2? You have failed to innovate your tactics. 

Blue Rod   
1 minute ago, DannyLB said:

4-4-2? You have failed to innovate your tactics. 

Which is why I am stuck in this driverless car. If I get out at all, Sarri would get my first call. 

Our crosses so far have been shocking

DannyLB   
5 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

5 mins. Kante given the ball away 3 times already.

But but...if he was playing holding mid that would never happen. I can’t believe Sarri is making Kante forget the basics of football.