• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 6 Chelsea 0

kratos   
Just now, r.bartlett said:

at least no once can say we didn't do our bit to stop 'Poo winning the title..

Yup, we must be thankful for small mercies.

Just now, Blue Rod said:

really? Ranieri has a better record than Sarri. On what planet are you?  

Hold on there Rodders , he's making a dogs breakfast of the Fulham job .

They'll probably beat us though .

First time I've had to post in years but this is a shambles. 

I can't understand how people can be so rigid. It's either Sarri has to go or the players aren't good enough. It's obviously both. 

First, the players as they've been there longer than any. Look at the players we have and currently only 3 of our players will walk into any of the top 4 sides across the major European leagues. Only 3. For a Chelsea side that's definitely not good enough. I believe the rest of our players are average players that should be playing for teams the likes of a Watford  or an Everton. To compound the problem we obviously have an attitude in this squad where the players only care if they have a chance. How many times have we gone a goal behind and you see our heads drop or we just stop playing. It is a mentality problem. Sarri can see it, Conte saw it, and Mourinho saw it. All of our past managers have had the same issue with this team. We get the high of a new manager and play amazing football, wether it was our title winning season with Mourinho or Conte. What came after? Players that became lazy, entitled, and unmotivated. Now to compound to the fact that we have average players, entitled players, we also do not have a leader ANYWHERE in the squad. When they lose 4-0 or 6-0 they clap shake the hands of the opposition, walk down the tunnel and go home to their wives and post on Instagram. Who holds them accountable? The manager can instruct but who holds the group around the neck and yells at them to say they're not good enough for Chelsea? Nobody cares in our squad. We've had 3 top class managers in 5 years but our situation is always the same. Can you all say it's just the manager?

Now Secondly, the manager. Sarri from the first day for me was never the right man. You can't bring in a banker that has won nothing and expect him to manage this group of players. That was the first mistake. The second error is that we do not have players to play a 4-3-3 system. We have players for a 4-2-3-1. Anyone that can't see that is deluded. The problem is that Sarri can not see that. Which manager will have Kante in their team and play him out of position? Which manager will have Hazard and play him out of position? The game isn't hard but you have idiots at the helm that insist on making it difficult. Lastly, Chelsea isn't Napoli but he insists on making us Napoli. Let's face it Jorginho is ****. I've never seen a regista that can't complete a chance inducing forward pass. When Fabregas played there he was so much better than anything Jorginho ever produced. So of course Sarri needs to go but we need a proper manager. One that is suited to fit our system. But this leads into my third and final problem. 

Lastly, we don't have a proper director of football. Say what you want about Emenalo but he did what he had to do and did it well. Marina can't determine left from right. Nor do I rate her ability to make the right decisions for the football club. If Roman wants to play a certain style of football he has to be able to do it within what we have available. Only Hazard has the ability out of the entire squad to play what Roman wants. The club is broken. From the bottom up. And it's a massive job to fix it. Marina worked for Roman as a Financial Advisor at an oil company what does she know about football?

Every thing at Chelsea needs to change. So no need to come and argue at the end of the game saying "oh I'm right the players should go" or "no I'm right it's Sarri." It's not a binary thing, you're both right. The problem is how does it get fixed? We've been a club in transition for 5 years that has never fully transitioned. And I don't see this changing until we let go of the majority of our high profile players, bring in a proper manager, and put a player on the pitch that will lead as JT, Lampard, Cech, and Drogba did. 

Edited by Blue_Fever

kratos   

Well that was just sad to watch, I was wasn't optimistic before but that really was worst fear becoming reality. I credit those fans who stayed till the end.

Blue Rod   
7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Hold on there Rodders , he's making a dogs breakfast of the Fulham job .

They'll probably beat us though .

Exactly. This is despite him being able to stitch a PL medal to his pocket. If he can flop, are we surprised that Sarri, who never won a thing even in lowly Serie A, is cooking up this shite? 

Edited by Blue Rod

kratos   
3 minutes ago, Blue_Fever said:

I can't understand how people can be so rigid. It's either Sarri has to go or the players aren't good enough. It's obviously both. 

First, the players as they've been there longer than any. Look at the players we have and currently only 3 of our players will walk into any of the top 4 sides across the major European leagues. Only 3. For a Chelsea side that's definitely not good enough. I believe the rest of our players are average players that should be playing for teams the likes of a Watford  or an Everton. To compound the problem we obviously have an attitude in this squad where the players only care if they have a chance. How many times have we gone a goal behind and you see our heads drop or we just stop playing. It is a mentality problem. Sarri can see it, Conte saw it, and Mourinho saw it. All of our past managers have had the same issue with this team. We get the high of a new manager and play amazing football, wether it was our title winning season with Mourinho or Conte. What came after? Players that became lazy, entitled, and unmotivated. Now to compound to the fact that we have average players, entitled players, we also do not have a leader ANYWHERE in the squad. When they lose 4-0 or 6-0 they clap shake the hands of the opposition, walk down the tunnel and go home to their wives and post on Instagram. Who holds them accountable? The manager can instruct but who holds the group around the neck and yells at them to say they're not good enough for Chelsea? Nobody cares in our squad. We've had 3 top class managers in 5 years but our situation is always the same. Can you all say it's just the manager?

Now Secondly, the manager. Sarri from the first day for me was never the right man. You can't bring in a banker that has won nothing and expect him to manage this group of players. That was the first mistake. The second error is that we do not have players to play a 4-3-3 system. We have players for a 4-2-3-1. Anyone that can't see that is deluded. The problem is that Sarri can not see that. Which manager will have Kante in their team and play him out of position? Which manager will have Hazard and play him out of position? The game isn't hard but you have idiots at the helm that insist on making it difficult. Lastly, Chelsea isn't Napoli but he insists on making us Napoli. Let's face it Jorginho is ****. I've never seen a registration that can't complete a chance inducing forward pass. When Fabregas played there he was so much better than anything Jorginho ever produced. So of course Sarri needs to go but we need a proper manager. One that is suited to fit our system. But this leads into my third and final problem. 

Lastly, we don't have a proper director of football. Say what you want about Emenalo but he did what he had to do and did it well. Marina can't determine left from right. Nor do I rate her ability to make the right decisions for the football club. If Roman wants to play a certain style of football he has to be able to do it within what we have available. Only Hazard has the ability out of the entire squad to play what Roman wants. The club is broken. From the bottom up. And it's a massive job to fix it. Marina worked for Roman as a Financial Advisor at an oil company what does she know about football?

Every thing at Chelsea needs to change. So no need to come and argue at the end of the game saying "oh I'm right the players should go" or "no I'm right it's Sarri." It's not a binary thing, you're both right. The problem is how does it get fixed? We've been a club in transition for 5 years that has never fully transitioned. And I don't see this changing until we let go of the majority of our high profile players, bring in a proper manager, and put a player on the pitch that will lead as JT, Lampard, Czech, and Drogba did. 

This

chelboy   
3 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

It's not - I was just surprised to see it changed from one week to another. 

Fickle wasn't aimed at you specifically - and being fickle doesn't have to do with loyalty to the club either. 

Poch had a worse record than Sarri when Spurs hired him. Jardim? Really? 

Sarri did very well coaching a Napoli side who were mid-table and he did it on very limited resources. He basically competed against Juve for three straight seasons. That would be like Eddie Howe competing with City for three straight seasons.

I know you can't count, but to check that you don't need to use addition, subtraction or even any of the more complex methodologie such as multipliers or being able to use division. You just need to be able to read a Serie A table. 

Why not Poch? He has done two good jobs in the PL with two teams. He also has a good understanding of this league already. Something Sarri cleary does not have. He also uses his team much better and still gives chances to fringe players while using a good rotation policy. Yes, he has not won a trophy and blah blah but if you look at how he has done in the PL I would rather take a bet on him than Sarri. Sarri is a complete gamble in this league. Anyone thinking losing 6-0 today and 4-0 to Bournemouth is part of “evolving” or “rebuilding” is deluded. Clear signs that we have seen from September about this team but yet we have a manager that will not change anything at all. That is putting nails in his coffin. 

BlueFizz   
10 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

It's not - I was just surprised to see it changed from one week to another. 

Fickle wasn't aimed at you specifically - and being fickle doesn't have to do with loyalty to the club either.

I take all points. To be honest, I’ll probably calm down and revert to my pro-Sarri outlook by tomorrow - but these regular collapses (Spurs, Arsenal, Bournemouth, City) are testing my loyalty to the project.

JaneB   
4 minutes ago, Blue_Fever said:

Now Secondly, the manager. Sarri from the first day for me was never the right man. You can't bring in a banker that has won nothing and expect him to manage this group of players. That was the first mistake. The second error is that we do not have players to play a 4-3-3 system. We have players for a 4-2-3-1. Anyone that can't see that is deluded. The problem is that Sarri can not see that. Which manager will have Kante in their team and play him out of position? Which manager will have Hazard and play him out of position? The game isn't hard but you have idiots at the helm that insist on making it difficult. Lastly, Chelsea isn't Napoli but he insists on making us Napoli. Let's face it Jorginho is ****. I've never seen a registration that can't complete a chance inducing forward pass. When Fabregas played there he was so much better than anything Jorginho ever produced. So of course Sarri needs to go but we need a proper manager. One that is suited to fit our system. But this leads into my third and final problem. 

Every thing at Chelsea needs to change. So no need to come and argue at the end of the game saying "oh I'm right the players should go" or "no I'm right it's Sarri." It's not a binary thing, you're both right. The problem is how does it get fixed? We've been a club in transition for 5 years that has never fully transitioned. And I don't see this changing until we let go of the majority of our high profile players, bring in a proper manager, and put a player on the pitch that will lead as JT, Lampard, Cech, and Drogba did. 

You should post more often. Couldn't agree more especially about Marina and having no leaders.