• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 6 Chelsea 0

jangz   

I like him I really do..  But why can't he have 2 systems..  Counter attacking against better teams and play possession against similar ones..  

6 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

The point is, if we employ Sarri for finishing second in Serie A, why not employ Ranieri? Sarri becomes a mighty fluke when Ranieri comes into the picture. 

Well, he didn't do well for only 1 season at Napoli Rod. He was there for 3 years and had two second places to Juve and a 3rd I think.

33 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Man City , competition for places in every position , give 120%.

Chelsea competition for places , everyone wants to leave if they're not picked.

Chelsea in a nutshell 

Because he always picks the same 11 there is no motivation, you will always be picked or there is no motivation as a sub as you are unlikely to break into his 11. His unwillingness to change and adapt is his problem.

Most managers watch videos of the oppo and set up and pick teams to beat them. Sarri seems to think he does have to change and its upto the oppo to beat his team, which they seem to do all too easily.

Blue Rod   
5 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Well, he didn't do well for only 1 season at Napoli Rod. He was there for 3 years and had two second places to Juve and a 3rd I think.

So that is better than winning a PL title. 

7 minutes ago, blue moon said:

Nice one Bob

It's either laugh or cry... I'd rather laugh. There are more important things than football to cry about.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm conflicted with this , on the one hand I agree with you but on the other he's not doing himself any favours with the same poor decisions week in , week out . Honestly , I could have told him before the game  Alonso wasn't the man against this lot .

Sure, I'm conflicted as well. It's quite clearly not working so the Chelsea fan in me wants him to play it safe, go dull and reactive and just try to sneak in at 4th. But the renegade in me says **** that! If we want to make a mark we do that by playing our style and our style to the death. That's how all the big sides play these days. The game has moved on and Barca started it. 

City play their game no matter who they face. That type of confidence used to be Chelsea for me. Win or lose we would do it our way. That changed when Ranieri came along and since we've never had an attacking manager to make his mark on the club. I miss that. 

1 hour ago, Panda said:

Bit cheeky of Sarri to not shake Guardiola's hand.

I think that was him being aboslutely furious with the performance. I'm sure he shook his hand afterwards. I hear they are kind of friends? 

1 hour ago, r.bartlett said:

lost the dressing room as they say...

Common theme with this lot. One common denominator...

1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

Really? Ranieri has a better record than Sarri. On what planet is your Sarri made? 

Was that what you started out by saying? You said he had no solid record to show. I pointed you towards the facts for you to read an prove you wrong. Sarri does have a solid record.  

1 hour ago, Blue_Fever said:

First time I've had to post in years but this is a shambles. 

I can't understand how people can be so rigid. It's either Sarri has to go or the players aren't good enough. It's obviously both. 

First, the players as they've been there longer than any. Look at the players we have and currently only 3 of our players will walk into any of the top 4 sides across the major European leagues. Only 3. For a Chelsea side that's definitely not good enough. I believe the rest of our players are average players that should be playing for teams the likes of a Watford  or an Everton. To compound the problem we obviously have an attitude in this squad where the players only care if they have a chance. How many times have we gone a goal behind and you see our heads drop or we just stop playing. It is a mentality problem. Sarri can see it, Conte saw it, and Mourinho saw it. All of our past managers have had the same issue with this team. We get the high of a new manager and play amazing football, wether it was our title winning season with Mourinho or Conte. What came after? Players that became lazy, entitled, and unmotivated. Now to compound to the fact that we have average players, entitled players, we also do not have a leader ANYWHERE in the squad. When they lose 4-0 or 6-0 they clap shake the hands of the opposition, walk down the tunnel and go home to their wives and post on Instagram. Who holds them accountable? The manager can instruct but who holds the group around the neck and yells at them to say they're not good enough for Chelsea? Nobody cares in our squad. We've had 3 top class managers in 5 years but our situation is always the same. Can you all say it's just the manager?

Now Secondly, the manager. Sarri from the first day for me was never the right man. You can't bring in a banker that has won nothing and expect him to manage this group of players. That was the first mistake. The second error is that we do not have players to play a 4-3-3 system. We have players for a 4-2-3-1. Anyone that can't see that is deluded. The problem is that Sarri can not see that. Which manager will have Kante in their team and play him out of position? Which manager will have Hazard and play him out of position? The game isn't hard but you have idiots at the helm that insist on making it difficult. Lastly, Chelsea isn't Napoli but he insists on making us Napoli. Let's face it Jorginho is ****. I've never seen a regista that can't complete a chance inducing forward pass. When Fabregas played there he was so much better than anything Jorginho ever produced. So of course Sarri needs to go but we need a proper manager. One that is suited to fit our system. But this leads into my third and final problem. 

Lastly, we don't have a proper director of football. Say what you want about Emenalo but he did what he had to do and did it well. Marina can't determine left from right. Nor do I rate her ability to make the right decisions for the football club. If Roman wants to play a certain style of football he has to be able to do it within what we have available. Only Hazard has the ability out of the entire squad to play what Roman wants. The club is broken. From the bottom up. And it's a massive job to fix it. Marina worked for Roman as a Financial Advisor at an oil company what does she know about football?

Every thing at Chelsea needs to change. So no need to come and argue at the end of the game saying "oh I'm right the players should go" or "no I'm right it's Sarri." It's not a binary thing, you're both right. The problem is how does it get fixed? We've been a club in transition for 5 years that has never fully transitioned. And I don't see this changing until we let go of the majority of our high profile players, bring in a proper manager, and put a player on the pitch that will lead as JT, Lampard, Cech, and Drogba did. 

Good post and you've adressed all the points that are wrong at the club at the moment. I don't agree with you on Sarri being clueless though, rigid to his approach yes. Clueless no. He has stated he wants to play his style of football til the end. The club must have known this. Otherwise you'd seriously have to question their due dilligence process. 

But there is no one at the club being able to make the judgement whether Sarri could get this set of players playing his style of football. With little pre-season no less. All the odds for instant success was stacked against him. There was no way he could do wonders with that short time. 7 months in and we should sack him? We haven't even given him a fighting chance to be a success. If he has to go, so should the rest of the leadership because they are allowed the same mistake over and over again and always get out of jail scotfree. 

As for the transitional period of the club I think it started around 2010 and we still haven't found out what we want to be. As you quite rightly point out that is solely on the leadership of the club - Roman and his team of advisors. 

Yes we've won the occassional title but as a whole we've been managed badly for ages. Short-term fix after short-term fix. Longest serving manager is still José both times he was here. And we've gone through a few. 

1 hour ago, chelboy said:

Why not Poch? He has done two good jobs in the PL with two teams. 

Poch now sure, but when Spurs hired him he had no solid record to show. 

1 hour ago, BlueFizz said:

I take all points. To be honest, I’ll probably calm down and revert to my pro-Sarri outlook by tomorrow - but these regular collapses (Spurs, Arsenal, Bournemouth, City) are testing my loyalty to the project.

You wouldn't be human if it didn't! Seeing us lose 6-0 is not a pretty sight. 

But, and I hate to do this, Klopp, Pep and Poch certainly had their downturns in their early seasons at their clubs. To build something that can last is not easy, if it was it wouldn't be so special when you succeed. 

But soon that will be our only option since we can't do what City does - go out and buy the best. Sooner or later the men and women upstairs will have to understand that as well. When that happens they too will understand that the only way to compete with City is to assemble a squad that is far greater then the sum of its part. To do that it takes time and patience. Maybe Sarri will never be a success. But to fire him without giving him a chance does not sit well with me. 

51 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

I miss our short-term approach to running a football club.

At least we won things.

7 months since we fired our last manager. Don't worry, we are still a club with a short-term approach. It's just that over time it can't be successful to that degree. Especially when the competitive edge is gone (Roman's money and his ability to use it freely).

Edited by The_Ghost

20 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

So that is better than winning a PL title. 

I don't know, but it's a successful track record over 3 seasons and not a 1-off fluke.

20 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

It's either laugh or cry... I'd rather laugh. There are more important things than football to cry about.

Indeed there are Bob and CFC live to fight another day.

Blue Rod   
2 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

I don't know, but it's a successful track record over 3 seasons and not a 1-off fluke.

But is coming second twice in a slow paced Italian league a better record than winning the Premier League, the same that the prospective employee is going to perform? I really don't understand that.