• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 6 Chelsea 0

chara   
1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

It's either laugh or cry... I'd rather laugh. There are more important things than football to cry about.

In my Chelsea/Football World I/we are in the middle of a disaster of epic proportions...in the my Real World it is not even a blip..

My senior dog is a month short of 16 years old... A Legendary worker in the field an honest and wonderful dog to work with..(no word from anyone re any anti or pro opinions..no place here..PM if you wish)

A devoted companion through some really bad times and always a support for me... great temperament and character as honest as the day is long.

Tomorrow we have a 2pm appointment with our vet... I fear the worst...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

kratos   
3 minutes ago, chara said:

In my Chelsea/Football World I/we are in the middle of a disaster of epic proportions...in the my Real World it is not even a blip..

My senior dog is a month short of 16 years old... A Legendary worker in the field an honest and wonderful dog to work with..(no word from anyone re any anti or pro opinions..no place here..PM if you wish)

A devoted companion through some really bad times and always a support for me... great temperament and character as honest as the day is long.

Oh Chara

I'm so sorry, I'll keep my fingers crossed for your little trooper.

I have 3 dogs myself and they are my shining light no matter how bad my day gets (case in point today).

Dogs are truly remarkable, they enhance our lives in so many ways.

chara   

I voiced doubts about Sarri a long time back and take no pleasure reading similar comments of late.

The players that "struggled" under JM at Manure have pulled the club above Chelsea.

A Coach is there to coach what he has at his disposal. It will always be a disaster at any level to try and compete without playing to strengths not a "system" regardless of circumstances ,

I do not believe that Sarri is able to handle the challenges of EPL.....

Commentary team struggled for a long time to find a game where anyone had attacked City full on like we had. Then later a game where we had played so poorly (cowardly Redknapp was hinting at).

Yet the 2-0 home win 3 months ago was precisely us taking it to City just like we attempted today. 
The "Gutless" Conte game of a year ago was supposedly worse.

I don't think either set tactics of tactics are/were wrong.  (Some people here would be well advised to read what they wrote a year ago).
Basically the chances of beating City are slim, going flat out early for a goal, or defending with 3 buses are 2 options perhaps worth trying,  But last year it was LL, and this year WL, perhaps the tactics were right.

More rubbish reffing, no that it affected much. 

You'll all be sorry that a much longer post got lost yet again thanks to the unreliable editor here!

Ham   
15 minutes ago, chara said:

I love my dogs to bits so I know how huge this is for you. 

I pray for the best but hopefully you've both already had 16 happy years. That's the most important thing. No regrets. 

chara   
2 minutes ago, Ham said:

I love my dogs to bits so I know how huge this is for you. 

I pray for the best but hopefully you've both already had 16 happy years. That's the most important thing. No regrets. 

Thank you Ham (and Kratos) No Regrets indeed... A German Dog (Wirehaired Pointer) with a Spanish name (Pedro) and a somewhat eccentric English owner (if there is such a thing!)..just about sums up our lives.....

Holymoly   

I think that a few people here are looking at the problem arse about tit. The actual truth of the matter is that we just aren't as good a football team as City. In fact at the moment we have become just an average side albeit with a couple of rather good players albeit one of them having been played entirely out of position all season.

City are at the point in the cycle we were during Jose's first stint. They have by far the best players in the league and their manager has moulded them into a team where  there are no prima donnas expecting game time. They play for each other and the squad has evolved the club ethos which was set by Toure and Kompany.

Our squad of players are probably vastly overpaid collectively compared with their actual abilities and they have lost the club ethos that was engendered by Terry, Lampard, Drogba et al. Add to that we have a manager that is trying to jam the players he has into a mould he used at Napoli rather than adapting to the capabilities of those players. He has brought in his pet midfielder who has usurped the place of probably the best midfielder in Europe and our entire midfield is incapable of supporting the front line and being actually only fairly average at defending.

I'm also afraid that Azpilicueta, although I love the guy, is not capable of captaining this mottly bunch.

The upshot of all this is that when we come up against a team that refuses to believe the hype our players try to kid the opposition with we have absolutely no idea what to do. We seem affronted when teams play us off the park and just keep playing the same way and the same like for like substitutions are made. We all know that doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different outcome is the definition of lunacy yet that is what we do.

Of course the players we have are capable of some individual flashes of brilliance which can overcome some sides but as soon as we require a team performance all too often we come up short. The manager has to take a degree of responsibility for this, especially in light of his unimaginative substitutions however the players need to take a long look at themselves and accept they have to learn to play as a team and not a collection of individuals.

So, what to do? Well firstly we need a fluent English speaking manager with a plan but who is prepared to work with what he is given and slowly evolve towards that aim once the players are acquired. Secondly we need a core of players who are prepared to commit themselves to the club and are prepared to stand up in difficult games. All too often I see players being played off the park and not appearing to be that bothered by it. Finally we need a board that is prepared to develop the club rather than attempting to parachute in success all the time.

I'm very upset by the result today but to be honest we didn't play that badly we just lacked commitment and heart. City were galvanised by the memory of us picking their pockets at SB whereas we clearly thought we were actually that good. We're not. The days of our Champions League triumph are long gone and now our planned new stadium appears dead in the water. Our club is in danger of slipping back into mediocrity.

3 hours ago, Sir said:

No point sacking Sarri. No point at all. Squad needs a massive overhaul.

Precisely.  In 3 summers we have added Kante and Rudiger as a top young player.  Luiz as an old one.  Kepa and Jorginho as not terrible replacements.  The front 6 has one player in his 20s, much of the team is already 30, and pretty much all the buys of the last 2 years are on loan or not even getting on the bench.

Conte did great with the tail end of the JM team, but did bugger all to refresh it.  Sarri has no change of getting this old fiddle to play a tune.

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

They've brought on David Silva , Jesus and Mahrez . We've brought on Kovacic who's a loanee , Emerson and Loftus meek . 

is it any wonder they're better than us ?

Who is recruiting these players and on whose say so ?

The last time we bought an AM was Pedro.  City only buy AMs.  They are the guys who provide the energy a team needs to play like City or like Chelsea tried to play today.

2 hours ago, exiledblue said:

Sarri blanked Pep at 90. Thats wrong

That is wrong, I think he just wanted to get to the dressing room quick, and Zola was asked to pass on a message.

2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

I know you can't count, but to check that you don't need to use addition, subtraction or even any of the more complex methodologie such as multipliers or being able to use division. You just need to be able to read a Serie A table. 

2 hours ago, Ham said:

The smirk when Wales conceded.... 

But we really do need a pint of milk  :)

47 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

Give Hudson-Odoi and Loftus-Cheek a decent run in the team.  Restore Kante back to his proper position. 

Some good complaints in the whole long post.  But anyone who wanted to see CHO out there today has got a particularly spiteful nature.  RLC struggled enough. 

6 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I think that a few people here are looking at the problem arse about tit. The actual truth of the matter is that we just aren't as good a football team as City. In fact at the moment we have become just an average side albeit with a couple of rather good players albeit one of them having been played entirely out of position all season.

City are at the point in the cycle we were during Jose's first stint. They have by far the best players in the league and their manager has moulded them into a team where  there are no prima donnas expecting game time. They play for each other and the squad has evolved the club ethos which was set by Toure and Kompany.

Precisely.  But I'd go on to say that the squad is now so past its sell by date, it is only fair to congratulate Sarri on getting it to perform so well.  

And the good news, is that we are not the only set of fans going to be terrified by this result.

It was as if Sarri wanted City to be shaken out of their mid-season slumber.  Who have City got in the next fortnight?

JaneB   
31 minutes ago, chara said:

Aww dear Chara, I am so sorry. This is a familiar scenario for me. I've always thought animals are infinitely preferable to many so called humans.

I long ago stopped crying about Chelsea, except with joy, e.g. 2012.  

I wish I had a spare billion and I'd sort this mess out, starting by employing people across the board (pun unintended) who have a deep understanding of what they're meant to be doing and with this 💙 at the ❤️ of everything.