• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 6 Chelsea 0

1 minute ago, JaneB said:

I wish I had a spare billion and I'd sort this mess out, starting by employing people across the board (pun unintended) who have a deep understanding of what they're meant to be doing and with this 💙 at the ❤️ of everything.

Fair enough, but if you had a spare billion I do trust you'd employ someone who understands something about billions.  That is why RA has employed Marina.

12 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Fair enough, but if you had a spare billion I do trust you'd employ someone who understands something about billions.  That is why RA has employed Marina.

Strange how all the blame has shifted from Emenalo to her with an almost seamless shift...

JaneB   
15 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

It's no good understanding about billions if you don't understand how to spend it on the right people and where the club is going. 

Seriously, 2012 to this. It's going well.

chara   

I used to use a phrase to cover responsibilities etc in the work place.." If you want to drive the stagecoach in the sunshine you have to be prepared to drive it in the rain"...

Anyone with ability can coach great players in a good time..but it takes a GREAT coach to carry a team through bad times..Sarri is not that man.

1 minute ago, chara said:

I used to use a phrase to cover responsibilities etc in the work place.." If you want to drive the stagecoach in the sunshine you have to be prepared to drive it in the rain"...

Anyone with ability can coach great players in a good time..but it takes a GREAT coach to carry a team through bad times..Sarri is not that man.

That being the case, you'd have to conclude that neither was/is Mourinho, Conte, et al? I just think that maybe the problem sits with the club, rather than the coaches. I just repeats itself over, and over again in between the winning seasons.

9 minutes ago, JaneB said:

It's no good understanding about billions if you don't understand how to spend it on the right people and where the club is going. 

Seriously, 2012 to this. It's going well.

Actually 2012  was a rapidly ageing team that got very lucky in the CL (to be fair that luck was long overdue).
It was very very similar to the current team.  At that point the management started on a long stream of investment in talent tons and tons and tons of it.

This is 2012 again.  Except that gave the budget to Conte and not Emenalo (and de Visser).

13 minutes ago, chara said:

I'm not sure that analogy works at all.
I think if you want to drive a coach and horses at its absolute limits, fast enough to win something big, you have to run the risk you drive it off the road.  
At least that's what Prince Phillip told me, and he should  know.
1280px-Prins_Philip_%281982%29.jpg

1 hour ago, chara said:

In my Chelsea/Football World I/we are in the middle of a disaster of epic proportions...in the my Real World it is not even a blip..

My senior dog is a month short of 16 years old... A Legendary worker in the field an honest and wonderful dog to work with..(no word from anyone re any anti or pro opinions..no place here..PM if you wish)

A devoted companion through some really bad times and always a support for me... great temperament and character as honest as the day is long.

Tomorrow we have a 2pm appointment with our vet... I fear the worst...

Well all the best you with that Chara, really, all the best.

1 hour ago, chara said:

I voiced doubts about Sarri a long time back and take no pleasure reading similar comments of late.

The players that "struggled" under JM at Manure have pulled the club above Chelsea.

A Coach is there to coach what he has at his disposal. It will always be a disaster at any level to try and compete without playing to strengths not a "system" regardless of circumstances ,

I do not believe that Sarri is able to handle the challenges of EPL.....

Yes indeed Chara.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Precisely.  But I'd go on to say that the squad is now so past its sell by date, it is only fair to congratulate Sarri on getting it to perform so well. 

Who said satire is dead.

Your ability to praise management for taking such a worthless squad to new heights never ceases to astound and amaze.

The squad ? what all of it ?, Some of it ? or just the obvious ones past there sell by date that manager after manager keeps picking, and wonder why the club  fails to progress ?

Leo91   

How much more evidence does Sarri need that this group of players can't adjust to his ways. Play to their strengths and then when the board back you in the summer you go again with the philosophy. But no, he keeps banging his head against the brick wall, well it looks like he's gone and got brain damage.