• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 6 Chelsea 0

Leo91   

Zizou ain't touching this club with a barge pole. I honestly cannot name a realistic appointment. Maybe Deschamps ? You're scraping the barrel. 

12 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Some could see it a while back - I would have sacked him tonight but who do we put in charge? his second in command teddy bear?

His stubborn refusal to change, will result in him being changed. Still, why would he care that much, sacked after a season with two years wages, double-bubble and probably still get a half-decent job back in Italy.

With two cup games (League Cup Final and FA Cup) coming up and our best chance of a CL place next season resting on the Europa League, I know who I'd get in. Wouldn't be too popular on here though.

Edited by East Lower

Laurent Blanc was linked in the summer and I seem to remember a few on here were keen for him to come in. Still out of work so wouldn't cost anything.

My preferred option would be to shoe a bit of pragmatism, shelve Sarriball for the rest of the season and get ourselves in order.

2 minutes ago, East Lower said:

His stubborn refusal to change, will result in him being changed.

People keep talking about a refusal to change.  No serious suggestions though.

Some say play Kante at DM (which is novel, I admit).  But nobody explains that means playing Jorgy further forward, or playing both Kovacic AND Barkley.

Invariably people complained when he played Hazard at CF.  Complained that he experimented (not that he had a fit CF anyway)

Plenty of but CHO never gets a game....  (is that really the best idea in a crisis?)

There is no plan B, because we only have 11 A-list players, and the rest are substantially B-level.

4 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Laurent Blanc was linked in the summer and I seem to remember a few on here were keen for him to come in. Still out of work so wouldn't cost anything.

I don't recall anyone being keen on Blanc.  Maybe I missed those posts.

kev61   
2 hours ago, chara said:

Thank you Ham (and Kratos) No Regrets indeed... A German Dog (Wirehaired Pointer) with a Spanish name (Pedro) and a somewhat eccentric English owner (if there is such a thing!)..just about sums up our lives.....

Sympathies mate - our cat died on  wednesday and I sat with him all night.I had to bury him in our back garden and I cried my eyes out.

Leo91   

For his methods to work you need to make some big sacrifices. Kante and Hazard do not fit or support this 4123. The two CM's need to have some dynamism in the final third as well as the work ethic to implement the press. And the wide men need to support in tracking back. And we also need a CB who can defend first and foremost plus two modern day fullbacks. This can be transitioned slowly over two windows, but Sarri isn't interested in doing it slowly. 

So do you keep Kante and Hazard. Or do you sell them and back Sarri. Pick your poison.

Edited by Leo91

kratos   
Just now, kev61 said:

Sympathies mate - our cat died on  wednesday and I sat with him all night.I had to bury him in our back garden and I cried my eyes out.

Sorry to hear that Kev. It's a very painful experience.

kev61   
1 minute ago, kratos said:

Sorry to hear that Kev. It's a very painful experience.

It was mate.I love animals more than humans.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I don't recall anyone being keen on Blanc.  Maybe I missed those posts.

I remember he was discussed at some length and there were a few who were keen (from memory JP and mahbe Martin) and others that weren't. Possibly those who were keen were from the 'anything is better than Conte' school of thought. 

JaneB   
5 minutes ago, kev61 said:

It was mate.I love animals more than humans.

#metoo

they have beautiful souls