• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 6 Chelsea 0

Ham   
1 hour ago, jones said:

They will reschedule it for Monday, so it falls on the exact date. And yes, we will be villains. Again. The only question is: will it be Salah or Henderson that slips this time.

I've got a headline ready;

Virgil Van D'oh!

2 hours ago, jones said:

They will reschedule it for Monday, so it falls on the exact date. And yes, we will be villains. Again. The only question is: will it be Salah or Henderson that slips this time.

I seem to remember us being forced into an unusually short rest period before a big CL match a few years ago because they refuse to play on the exact date.

Vinod   

The game comes at a very crucial time for City. They are level with Liverpool having played a game more. They will play tactically and they will play to win. I fully expect them to field Sane and Sterling on the wings. They will be wary of our attack, especially Hazard. Logically they should go with solidity in the middle and pace on the wings; which would mean a 3-4-3 or a replica 4-3-3. Given their personnel I'd lean towards a 4-3-3. 

We are going to find City at their very best. They will treat this like a second leg European Knockout game. Question is, how are we going to approach the game?  City like to defend by keeping the ball. Does our front line have enough to press them incessantly? The logical approach from Chelsea stand point is to keep a medium block. Let their defenders keep the ball; press them as soon as their midfielders get the ball. Take counter attacking opportunities if they present themselves, else hold on to the ball and get forward. As far as our line up is concerned  

Kepa

Azpi - Rudiger - Christensen - Alonso

Kante - Jorginho - Barkley

Pedro - Higuain - Hazard

For all of Sarri's preference to play the same XI players every game, its surprising how many question marks there are on personnel. Alonso vs Emerson, Christensen vs Rudiger vs Luiz, Barkley vs Kovacic vs RLC, Pedro vs Willian vs CHO

We have good competition in the squad. Trouble is that none of them would start for a top European club.

Holymoly   
20 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

I seem to remember us being forced into an unusually short rest period before a big CL match a few years ago because they refuse to play on the exact date.

Yup. We still won though.

JaneB   
20 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

Do they refuse to play on the 29th May?

Do Man U refuse to play on the 6th Feb?

Do Rangers and Celtic refuse to play on the 2nd Jan?

Do Bradford City refuse to play on the 11th May?

I don't know but I would think No 🤔

Blue Rod   
10 hours ago, Vinod said:

We have good competition in the squad. Trouble is that none of them would start for a top European club.

Precisely. You'd expect Barkley coming in for Kovacic to bring something different. Instead it's like trying a piece of haddock after you're fed up with eating cod. 

The referee for this game is none other then.......

MIKE DEAN

who by the way has awarded 99 red cards

...who will be the 100th, it will almost certainly be in this match

it will almost definitely be a Chelsea player

31 minutes ago, Never happy said:

The referee for this game is none other then.......

MIKE DEAN

who by the way has awarded 99 red cards

...who will be the 100th, it will almost certainly be in this match

it will almost definitely be a Chelsea player

And the two clubs who have had the most players sent off by Mr Dean (who's a merseysider) are...............................................Chelsea and Man City.

Almost set up, you'd think.

Hope we win, won’t be devastated if we lose. 

Personally think our chances of top four are extremely slim anyway.