• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 6 Chelsea 0

15 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

People keep talking about a refusal to change.  No serious suggestions though.

Some say play Kante at DM (which is novel, I admit).  But nobody explains that means playing Jorgy further forward, or playing both Kovacic AND Barkley.

Invariably people complained when he played Hazard at CF.  Complained that he experimented (not that he had a fit CF anyway)

Plenty of but CHO never gets a game....  (is that really the best idea in a crisis?)

There is no plan B, because we only have 11 A-list players, and the rest are substantially B-level.

I don't recall anyone being keen on Blanc.  Maybe I missed those posts.

His vision is fine and dandy, but as soon as the other managers/coaches/tacticians got to grips with how it was working, he won't adapt it. A blind man could see that by the start of December we were struggling. We'd gone back to a Conte 2017/18 team, sideways, backwards, sideways, lose the ball and hope they don't score - without the half decent back five. Sarri will be under pressure to win matches, as are all of our managers. We're struggling at home, bottom of the league by a distance Huddersfield excepted, and we're a soft touch away. Adapt or die I believe it will end up.

He's not trying out other options, he'd and we'd not know whether they would work until he did. If he hadn't ostracised Drinkwater, he could have sat in front of our defence with Kante - dare we forget they won a PL with that duo. It'd be better than what we saw today. There's not a tackle in us, we dangle legs and feet into tackles - see the second goal today (maybe the third, it was a blur really). That's our captain doing it. Barkely doesn't stop giving the ball away, again only someone who's stubborn or stupid can't see it and I don't think Sarri is stupid. Yes, he's only got a useful squad of 17 or 18 but some of that's down to him.

kev61   
13 minutes ago, JaneB said:

#metoo

they have beautiful souls 

A very profound statement Jane which I agree with - I just don't like people in general - funny my mate just said tonight I am rubbing shoulders with the wrong people - but I have come to the conclusion I don't even like him!

Ham   
47 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Sympathies mate - our cat died on  wednesday and I sat with him all night.I had to bury him in our back garden and I cried my eyes out.

So sorry Kev.  That's awful.

41 minutes ago, kev61 said:

It was mate.I love animals more than humans.

So do I. Always have. Unconditional love.  My dogs picked me up within an hour of today's shambles.  It's just football after all. 

35 minutes ago, JaneB said:

#metoo

they have beautiful souls 

#me3

Amen. 

Blue Rod   
40 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Some say play Kante at DM (which is novel, I admit).  But nobody explains that means playing Jorgy further forward, or playing both Kovacic AND Barkley.

Invariably people complained when he played Hazard at CF.  Complained that he experimented (not that he had a fit CF anyway)

Plenty of but CHO never gets a game....  (is that really the best idea in a crisis?)

There is no plan B, because we only have 11 A-list players, and the rest are substantially B-level.

There is nothing novel about deploying your players where they are most effective. You are the only person on planet earth who does not see the defensive midfield qualities of Kante.

It's not exactly rocket science that Jorginho does not offer diddly squat defensively, and his so called technical abilities are limited to pinging meaningless cheap passes.

Midfield has to defend as well as create. If you can't attack through the middle, you have to exploit the flanks. Defenders must deny their opponents time and space. Its for the manager to work out who is best in what position, and how best to accomplish these objectives. If Sarri can't work that out, he should just go. There is no chance on earth that he sorts this out. I stand by my judgement, as always. 

Ham   
Just now, Blue Rod said:

There is nothing novel about deploying your players where they are most effective. You are the only person on planet earth who does not see the defensive midfield qualities of Kante.

It's not exactly rocket science that Jorginho does not offer diddly squat defensively, and his so called technical abilities are limited to pinging meaningless cheap passes.

Midfield has to defend as well as create. If you can't attack through the middle, you have to exploit the flanks. Defenders must deny their opponents time and space. Its for the manager to work out who is best in what position, and how best to accomplish these objectives. If Sarri can't work that out, he should just go. There is no chance on earth that he sorts this out. I stand by my judgement, as always. 

In these big games Jorginho is somewhere between a luxury player and a complete waste of a shirt.

I'm happy to be educated though. I still don't get it. 

He, more than anybody else, will be Sarri's downfall. 

Kezza   

The following players need sacking. Either because they are not bothered, not stepping up or not showing fight or grit. 

Entire backline bar Rudiger and Kepa.

Entire midfield bar Kante.

Both wingers including Hazard for beautiful passing but no incisive penetrating end product.

Striker we know the current situation.

And yet people fully blame Sarri.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Wonderful piece of literature with no meaning.

Did you miss the posts on do not touch sarri with a barge pole

xCELERYx   
On 09/02/2019 at 10:01 AM, xCELERYx said:

Got a feeling we're going to get taken to the cleaners in this one. Man City are ridiculously strong at home having scored 43 of their 68 goals this season there - shading just over 3 goals a game. While defensively they've only allowed 11 goals all season. They've dropped points in only one home game all season - their recent loss to Newcastle. 

Personally, I don't expect us to get much from this beyond a possible mauling. However, I'll gladly be wrong if it means walking away with a positive result of some kind. Going to be tough one.

Called it from the start.

Sarri is so far out of this depth. This is what happens when you hire a manager based on his football style alone and not all the more important things in between. As someone firmly against his appointment to begin with the club got suckered in by the hype something shocking, we deserve exactly what we're getting right now. Don't think I've ever been more disinterested in a season as a supporter than I have been with this one. Sarri needs to be shown the door, pronto! 

This then leave the playing group - it needs gutting. We need to completely rebuild this squad from top to bottom. Conte made a big point of it last season immediately after winning the league, and I'm sure he's kicking back laughing right now at the complete mess we've got ourselves in. Whoever our manager is next season, this squad needs a clear out. This also means the board putting their money where their mouth is and spending to bring in the required quality needed to match the ambitions set. 

We also need to hire a DoF. How this has still been unresolved for so long just highlights where we are as a club right now even more.