• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 6 Chelsea 0

JaneB   
7 minutes ago, bert19 said:

I'd have rung him this morning to try and get him back on the coaching staff.  He's been a huge miss for us 

I've been saying that all along.  But the idea that he's going to leave the England set up to be back on our coaching staff is ludicrous.

Holymoly   
kratos   
9 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Very much agree with that.

City have been shaping everything for years in preparation of Pep's arrival because they knew what sort of club they wanted to be.

We on the other hand? Well there is not a unified vision, the club wants to sign their own players, do their own thing and expect who ever is managing the squad to just get on with it.

Communication is key in any business and we seem to just black everything out and hope all goes well.

For too long the club has operated this way and now there is simply no more papering over the cracks because those cracks have given way.

12 hours ago, kev61 said:

It was mate.I love animals more than humans.

Me too mate, been this way for some years now particularly living in the States with a clown as president, I live in New Hampshire and we have a house that backs onto a vast area of woods. Everyday I am out there feeding the birds and the squirrels who come onto our deck to play around. My cat just sits at the sliding door having a rare old time :) 

After yesterday's shambles I will probably ease the pain by enjoying the wildlife until pain subsides a little.

Anyway I am really sorry to hear about your cat mate, when that time comes its always painful to say goodbye to our pets.

Just now, kratos said:

City have been shaping everything for years in preparation of Pep's arrival because they knew what sort of club they wanted to be.

We on the other hand? Well there is not a unified vision, the club wants to sign their own players, do their own thing and expect who ever is managing the squad to just get on with it.

I disagree. I think we do have a vision. We want to play like Barcelona or Man City. But we want to do it on the cheap.

That’s not necessarily a bad thing. If you buy wisely. But we’ve acquired too many second rate players. Whereas City have players sitting on their bench who would get into our first team. 

Holymoly   
9 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

I fear he would be too nice and allow the players to walk all over him. Maybe if we brought Steve Clark back south of the border to be his number 2  it would stand a chance of working in the short term. On the other hand, what's the point?

JaneB   
14 minutes ago, Phoenix Blue said:

Me too mate, been this way for some years now particularly living in the States with a clown as president, I live in New Hampshire and we have a house that backs onto a vast area of woods. Everyday I am out there feeding the birds and the squirrels who come onto our deck to play around. My cat just sits at the sliding door having a rare old time :) 

After yesterday's shambles I will probably ease the pain by enjoying the wildlife until pain subsides a little.

Anyway I am really sorry to hear about your cat mate, when that time comes its always painful to say goodbye to our pets.

Aww that sounds idyllic.  I love the vision of your cat watching behind the sliding door. 

I help look after some donkeys once a week and they are the most mischievous but gentle and empathetic souls you can imagine.  I talk to them all the time and I think they understand.  Adore them.

(Sorry Michael, off topic). 

Holymoly   
17 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

We want to play like Barcelona or Man City. But we want to do it on the cheap.

That’s not necessarily a bad thing. If you buy wisely. But we’ve acquired too many second rate players.

Difficult to have a coherent plan when there is no continuity of football knowledge above the manager. If we are to continue the policy of sacking the manager every year or so we really need a director of football that remains in place to continue an ethos otherwise you keep attempting to reinvent the wheel.

32 minutes ago, kratos said:

Communication is key in any business and we seem to just black everything out and hope all goes well.

For too long the club has operated this way and now there is simply no more papering over the cracks because those cracks have given way.

Oddly enough the club does a few things well, Finances, Work in the Community, Just social causes I.e. anti semitism, anti racism etc funding Womens football, A world class academy  and so on. All quite well integrated, except the blinding obvious inclusion of the 1st team

The flaws have been there all the way through Romans ownership until they employed a Director of football what a genius move ! Isolate a problem and introduce a fix.

They then shot themselves in the foot by subsequently employing 2 managers back to back who wilfully failed toward with the structure the club had provided,

So here we are back to square one no obvious link between the Board and the 1st team management, no visible structure, A
nother poorly chosen  manager sacking himself. Player that desperately need to be moved on given new or extended contracts, Youth isolated.

I don’t have huge expectations with what the Club achieves defeat is all part of the game, As long as we compete on the pitch, That has stopped we have no spine and no leaders, That causes me more anguish than losing to a good team.

Sarri hasn’t lost the dressing room, I have come round to thinking he he never had it in the first place  The early season form was more of a dead cat bounce from not having Conti around.

The Fall of Sunderland shows how quickly these things can escalate, if not addressed