• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 6 Chelsea 0

14 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

It was easy adopting that approach 10 years ago when we were the club with all the money. Unfortunately now instead of paying £20m for a player you have to pay that in wages every year after shelling out £100m for a truly world calss individual. The playing field is now more level which arguably makes for a better product for the neutral. However when you have middle eastern countries funding your competitors it becomes impossible to maintain a consistent push year on year.

We still have money, Its not impossible to compete  but A task not made any easier.

Just add up the cost with the players  players out on loan Bats, Morata Zouma , Still at the club Drinkwater, Zappacosta thats a fairly reasonable chunk of dead money that could be utilised better.

20 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

For Chelsea, I think the latter will be easier than the former. The habit of patience does not seem to be one that our club (and arguably, many of our supporters) can acquire.

The Club cannot be structured for patience, Its structured to compete at the highest level with a minimum standard of a top 4 finish, its failing at that. The situation is not irreversible.

There is no get off the treadmill option

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

It's long been my view that we bought some players (Mata, de Bruyne, Oscar, Hazard, etc) with an eye to one style of football, then employed managers (Mourinho, Conte) who wanted to play a different style. The result is that we now have a hotchpotch of a squad that doesn't obviously suit any particular style or formation, made up of many individuals who seem unable to carry out even basic tasks. That the current manager shows no flexibility or signs of pragmatism whatsoever really doesn't help matters. As I said in another thread a week or so ago, his insistence on NOT having a Plan B until Plan A has been implemented fully is like someone telling a parachutist that they can't have a spare canopy until they know the main chute has opened safely!

2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

To be fair to him he was quality for Napoli and without doubt a key player in the way they played, which was as good as anyone I've seen recently.

Stick him in the City side or Barcelona and I reckon people would be raving about him.

I would like to see how he performed if the shackles were taken off by putting kante alongside or behind him. 

2 hours ago, JaneB said:

I've been saying that all along.  But the idea that he's going to leave the England set up to be back on our coaching staff is ludicrous.

There are the likes of Steve Clarke even Paul clement who would improve the current coaching staff. 

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

I fear he would be too nice and allow the players to walk all over him. Maybe if we brought Steve Clark back south of the border to be his number 2  it would stand a chance of working in the short term. On the other hand, what's the point?

Sorry Clarke for me over Zola. 

Am beginning to fear for Nobly and Paul .

Vinod   

I absolutely don't want Zola on the managers chair. Firstly he is not a top manager; secondly I don't want his stint at Chelsea to end in misery. Young fans will remember him as another failed manager than a legend. Some ex players are best fit in an ambassadorial role. Zola is one of them.

Kezza   

We are running out of managers to sack. Maybe we can complete the list with Pochettino next season.