• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 6 Chelsea 0

Vinod   
4 minutes ago, Kezza said:

We are running out of managers to sack. Maybe we can complete the list with Pochettino next season.

It will be impossible for us to pry managers who are with top clubs. It's one thing to tap managers from clubs like Porto and Napoli; clubs with money - it's a different ball game. 

The best available manager, assuming Sarri gets sacked, is Zidane. However, my guess is the next permanent manager will be brought in once the season is over.

Holymoly   
11 minutes ago, Vinod said:

The best available manager, assuming Sarri gets sacked, is Zidane.

Another one who has problems getting his ideas over in English.

kratos   

I cannot believe I am saying this but do you think tubby might jump at the chance of coming back here.

I will now horse whip myself for blasphemy.

Blue Rod   
3 hours ago, Never happy said:

Sack Sarri ASAP, because he won't change....who to appoint?

why not try to get Steve Holland, here till the end of the season, 

Jose?

Wenger or even big Sam ....

we wont get relegated

Time to forget the top 4, concentrate on the 3 cups..

it wont change until the squad have a complete overhaul..

But again it won't happen because we won't spend the money anymore on whose needed, not while Marina is in charge of the purse strings

I would be happy if we could get Steve Holland in as a caretaker.  Not sure the FA allows that in his contract. I'm sure Steve would relish the opportunity. Sarri has been in freefall for several weeks. If we keep him we might see a few dead cat bounces. But it wouod be just that.  

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

That the current manager shows no flexibility or signs of pragmatism whatsoever really doesn't help matters. As I said in another thread a week or so ago, his insistence on NOT having a Plan B until Plan A has been implemented fully is like someone telling a parachutist that they can't have a spare canopy until they know the main chute has opened safely!

It's the tactical ineptitude that gets me. What on earth were Sarri's tactics yesterday? Is such defensive disorganization a lapse of the players in the moment or a result of Sarri's tactics?

For me, you could see the keeper and defenders were exposed and panicked every time City went near our goal. They had no protection and they knew it. Kante and Barklay were pressing upfield. On Sarri's instructions. The team is selected by Sarri. Other defensive options are frozen out. Christensen, Drinkwater, Cahill and Emerson are out. Nothing is tried. It's the same, predictable eleven every week. Jorginho is untouchable. No consideration of protecting him when targeted by the opposition. Nothing. Everyone knows how to stop us playing. Sarri does nothing. Every week. He just ploughs on. Same players. Same system. Same tactics. The humiliations come. But it's the players' fault for not playing his system.

I wanted him to succeed. But I think he should go. He's hopelessly out of his depth in this league. At this level.

Vinod   

Frank Lampard 2/1

Zinedine Zidane 7/1

Gianfranco Zola 8/1

Diego Simeone 12/1

Jose Mourinho 12/1

Brendan Rodgers 12/1

Massimiliano Allegri 12/1

Nuno Espirito Santo 12/1

Didier Deschamps 16/1

Luis Enrique 16/1

Guus Hiddink 16/1

Leo91   

Why couldn't Steve Holland continue to have been assistant at Chelsea. What does he do away from international week ? I guess it's considered a clash of interests.

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

It's long been my view that we bought some players (Mata, de Bruyne, Oscar, Hazard, etc) with an eye to one style of football, then employed managers (Mourinho, Conte) who wanted to play a different style. The result is that we now have a hotchpotch of a squad that doesn't obviously suit any particular style or formation, made up of many individuals who seem unable to carry out even basic tasks. That the current manager shows no flexibility or signs of pragmatism whatsoever really doesn't help matters. As I said in another thread a week or so ago, his insistence on NOT having a Plan B until Plan A has been implemented fully is like someone telling a parachutist that they can't have a spare canopy until they know the main chute has opened safely!

You raise some good points and I like the analogy. For sure - the biggest stick to beat Sarri with is his tactical inflexibility. 

1 hour ago, Vinod said:

I absolutely don't want Zola on the managers chair. Firstly he is not a top manager; secondly I don't want his stint at Chelsea to end in misery. Young fans will remember him as another failed manager than a legend. Some ex players are best fit in an ambassadorial role. Zola is one of them.

Agreed. 

I'd get Lampard in and desperately try and convince Steve Holland to come back and be his assistant. We would then need to clear a lot of deadwood in the summer and also have a lot of patience with Frank. It won't happen of course.

Those saying Sarri hasn't been given the players or enough time, I understand why you're saying that, however, this guy picks the same team every week, makes the same subs every match at pretty much the same time every match, he refuses to change tactics for a second in any game regardless of oppo and how it's going - this just can't go on. I've seen stubbornness before, but this is something else. I'm all for giving managers time and getting him the players etc, but right now I see no reason to believe it would change anything. He is blond to all thew failings happening in front of him. We can play possession and/or attacking football in more than one way, it doesn't HAVE to be the way Sarri did it at Napoli, he can tweak the formation to suit the players he currently he has, but he just refuses or is not capable of doing it... it's worrying. 

I hate to say it, but I'm placing my flag in the Sarri out camp... as unpopular as that be to many on here.