• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 6 Chelsea 0

bert19   
26 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

It's the tactical ineptitude that gets me. What on earth were Sarri's tactics yesterday? Is such defensive disorganization a lapse of the players in the moment or a result of Sarri's tactics?

For me, you could see the keeper and defenders were exposed and panicked every time City went near our goal. They had no protection and they knew it. Kante and Barklay were pressing upfield. On Sarri's instructions. The team is selected by Sarri. Other defensive options are frozen out. Christensen, Drinkwater, Cahill and Emerson are out. Nothing is tried. It's the same, predictable eleven every week. Jorginho is untouchable. No consideration of protecting him when targeted by the opposition. Nothing. Everyone knows how to stop us playing. Sarri does nothing. Every week. He just ploughs on. Same players. Same system. Same tactics. The humiliations come. But it's the players' fault for not playing his system.

I wanted him to succeed. But I think he should go. He's hopelessly out of his depth in this league. At this level.

Could not agree more. 

For me , the real issue is whatever happens on the training pitch in the week , we don't appear to be improving when faced with either someone "having a good go" or "defending in numbers and counter attacking"  , we only appear to be OK when we come up against sides with even worse tacticians in charge .

Interesting times ahead I fear .

So... do we sack him now, before our Europa League game away to Malmö, or before we play United in the FA Cup, or before the home game to Malmö? or wait for them to be over, see how we've gotten on, and then get someone in before the final against City? or wait until after the Spurs game, by which time we could be out of three cup competitions and very little chance of regaining a top four spot.

Kezza   
44 minutes ago, Vinod said:

Frank Lampard 2/1

Zinedine Zidane 7/1

Gianfranco Zola 8/1

Diego Simeone 12/1

Jose Mourinho 12/1

Brendan Rodgers 12/1

Massimiliano Allegri 12/1

Nuno Espirito Santo 12/1

Didier Deschamps 16/1

Luis Enrique 16/1

Guus Hiddink 16/1

Won't be long till we finish hiring all of them and sack them, at least once.

Blue Rod   
47 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Why couldn't Steve Holland continue to have been assistant at Chelsea. What does he do away from international week ? I guess it's considered a clash of interests.

If anything it would actually make him a better England coach. But we don't know what is written in his contract

6 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

So... do we sack him now, before our Europa League game away to Malmö, or before we play United in the FA Cup, or before the home game to Malmö? or wait for them to be over, see how we've gotten on, and then get someone in before the final against City? or wait until after the Spurs game, by which time we could be out of three cup competitions and very little chance of regaining a top four spot.

This is the problem, this has all come to a head at the worst possible time for us. If our number 2 had a better record, then I would say sack him now and let Zola take charge until we find the right man, but unfortunately I'm not sure Zola would do much better.

So it means unless we have the replacement lined up, which we clearly don't, then we have to stick with Sarri until after the Man Utd game (FA Cup is probably lowest priority for us now anyway), by which time we've had time to find Sarri's replacement and they can come in, have the second leg against Malmo (which we're hopefully ahead on agg) to see players in action ahead of the final and the Spurs game.

If that's not possible, we have to see through this period with Sarri and hope for the best... it's going to be an exciting few weeks one way or another.

6 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Tricky one Bob, I was very vocal last year about sacking Conte at probably a similar time of the season, I genuienly thought after the Watford and Bournemouth results he should have gone.

I think we could have saved our season by getting rid of him then but I'm not so sure this time round, if I was I'd say the time is now.

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

This is the problem, this has all come to a head at the worst possible time for us. If our number 2 had a better record, then I would say sack him now and let Zola take charge until we find the right man, but unfortunately I'm not sure Zola would do much better.

So it means unless we have the replacement lined up, which we clearly don't, then we have to stick with Sarri until after the Man Utd game (FA Cup is probably lowest priority for us now anyway), by which time we've had time to find Sarri's replacement and they can come in, have the second leg against Malmo (which we're hopefully ahead on agg) to see players in action ahead of the final and the Spurs game.

If that's not possible, we have to see through this period with Sarri and hope for the best... it's going to be an exciting few weeks one way or another.

Not exactly the word I would have chosen, but there you go... 😉 😉

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Vinod said:

Frank Lampard 2/1

Zinedine Zidane 7/1

Gianfranco Zola 8/1

Diego Simeone 12/1

Jose Mourinho 12/1

Brendan Rodgers 12/1

Nuno Espirito Santo 12/1

Didier Deschamps 16/1

Luis Enrique 16/1

Guus Hiddink 16/1

Barring the top 2 and Santo, that's the generic 'next Chelsea manager odds' we seem to see every other year.

53 minutes ago, Vinod said:

Frank Lampard 2/1

Zinedine Zidane 7/1

Gianfranco Zola 8/1

Diego Simeone 12/1

Jose Mourinho 12/1

Brendan Rodgers 12/1

Nuno Espirito Santo 12/1

Didier Deschamps 16/1

Luis Enrique 16/1

Guus Hiddink 16/1

I really like the look of Nuno, this will probably sound silly and some if not most won't get it but for me he's just got something about him that I really  like and think he will end up being a very good manager.