Diego Simeone 12/1

Jose Mourinho 12/1

Brendan Rodgers 12/1

Massimiliano Allegri 12/1

Nuno Espirito Santo 12/1

Didier Deschamps 16/1

Luis Enrique 16/1

Guus Hiddink 16/1

The first two make sense. Zola not so. Lovely man. Lousy Manager. Zidane would bring in big players. Frank would be the 'unleash the youth' route.

BlueFizz   
1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

It's exciting like Brexit is exciting.

Brexit is depressing.

Winning a trophy and chasing the title is exciting.

We haven't even left yet and Chelsea is a club in decline.

5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

It's exciting like Brexit is exciting.

Frightening isn't a strong enough word!

1 minute ago, BlueFizz said:

Frank Lampard 2/1 - TOO EARLY

Zinedine Zidane 7/1- UNKNOWN QUANTITY

Gianfranco Zola 8/1 - TERRIBLE RECORD

Diego Simeone 12/1 - WHY WOULD HE COME HERE?

Jose Mourinho 12/1 - WOULD NEED REGIME CHANGE BEFORE A 3RD COMING :-)

Brendan Rodgers 12/1 - ACTUALLY QUITE LIKELY. MIGHT BE UNPOPULAR. WOULD LOSE PLAYERS AFTER ABOUT 3 WEEKS.

Massimiliano Allegri 12/1 - BOAT SAILED.

Nuno Espirito Santo 12/1 - HAS DONE VERY WELL AND I LIKE HIM, BUT A BIG STEP UP.

Didier Deschamps 16/1 - MEH

Luis Enrique 16/1 - DITTO

Guus Hiddink 16/1 - TOO LATE

18 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I really like the look of Nuno, this will probably sound silly and some if not most won't get it but for me he's just got something about him that I really  like and think he will end up being a very good manager.

With that last name he’d be worthy based on that alone. 

Plus he’s got some fire (that should go down well with our players😉) and I like his style of football. 

But I fear he’d be sacked quicker than he could say amen. Few bad results and he’d be under pressure. 

Edit: plus I’ve got a soft spot for Wolves - I really like them for some reason! Always have, roughly since the Steve Bull days.

10 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Agree with your assessment. 

Edited by The_Ghost

Leo91   

I wouldn't mind Jardim. Shown he's adaptable with his tactics and can play to a squads strengths be it defensively or offensively. I don't truly know what went wrong at Monaco for it to go up sheep creek but..

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

With that last name he’d be worthy based on that alone. 

Plus he’s got some fire (that should go down well with our players😉) and I like his style of football. 

But I fear he’d be sacked quicker than he could say amen. Few bad results and he’d be under pressure. 

Edit: plus I’ve got a soft spot for Wolves - I really like them for some reason! Always have, roughly since the Steve Bull days.

Agree with your assessment. 

Well this is awkward. We actually have something in common here. My childhood was in a non- league town, Weymouth, and while I followed them and still do, my chosen “big team” was Wolves.I’ve followed them ever since which has been a rough ride quite often, but they’re in a very good position now.

(For the record, as I've said on here before), I moved to London to live and work in 1968 and decided then that I needed a London club to follow. It became Chelsea right away, largely because I really liked Doherty and I’ve remained a supporter ever since).-

Meanwhile, back to Wolves......they have excellent Chinese owners who, like all serious Asian businessmen, take a genuinely long-term view and for whom the investment in Wolves is a comparatively minor one. They have the services of Jorge Mendes as a consultant advising them and who's first client was yer man Nuno.

They already have some very good players, none of whom are old and clearly they can buy more when whenever they feel like it. On top of that, Wolves also have a very good academy which is already providing players to the first team squad. This is a really well run club, on and off the field and I think they have an outstanding chance of becoming a top 4 club within 5 years certainly, nee possibly 3.

So I really don't think Chelsea have any chance of acquiring Nuno, (who's not perfect by the way). He and his agent are far too shrewd.

By the way, I go back a long way before Bully...Ingo back to the real team, although I was very young then, I'm older than that now.

An inversion of a famous song lyric there.....name it Mr Kelly.....

Edited by PeteRobbo

BlueFizz   

If (when) Sarri goes, I think we only really have two choices:

A big beast - Zidane for example - with the trophy record to attract quality and buy credibility with our squad.

A club legend - Frank for example - who has won it all and could also deal on equal terms with top players.

The added benefit of Frank is that the crowd might give him a bit more time if it went a bit up and down early on.

My head says big beast, my heart says Frank (JT less so). Could they work together?

Blue Rod   
1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

I really like the look of Nuno, this will probably sound silly and some if not most won't get it but for me he's just got something about him that I really  like and think he will end up being a very good manager.

At last we agree on something. Nuno would be my number one choice. If we had to wait till summer we could fill the gap with a caretaker