Michael Tucker

Manchester City 6 Chelsea 0

Ham   

This could be awkward, especially given their showing for the Community Shield

Screenshot_20190207-215119_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190207-215230_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20190207-215542_Google.jpg

Edited by Ham

To be honest all the stuff about their support is a bit harsh. I have always thought they had quite good loyal support especially those years in Division 2 with us in the 80s

asvaberg   
2 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

To be honest all the stuff about their support is a bit harsh. I have always thought they had quite good loyal support especially those years in Division 2 with us in the 80s

Agree.

And I really liked Maine Road. Not that I've ever been there, but I liked the original one from the 70s from what I've seen in photos and from TV.

The massive Kippax stand (standing, not the newest - massive, tall one with seating)

• Like 1

xCELERYx   

Got a feeling we're going to get taken to the cleaners in this one. Man City are ridiculously strong at home having scored 43 of their 68 goals this season there - shading just over 3 goals a game. While defensively they've only allowed 11 goals all season. They've dropped points in only one home game all season - their recent loss to Newcastle. 

Personally, I don't expect us to get much from this beyond a possible mauling. However, I'll gladly be wrong if it means walking away with a positive result of some kind. Going to be tough one.

30 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Got a feeling we're going to get taken to the cleaners in this one. Man City are ridiculously strong at home having scored 43 of their 68 goals this season there - shading just over 3 goals a game. While defensively they've only allowed 11 goals all season. They've dropped points in only one home game all season - their recent loss to Newcastle. 

Personally, I don't expect us to get much from this beyond a possible mauling. However, I'll gladly be wrong if it means walking away with a positive result of some kind. Going to be tough one.

Maybe we can 'do a Newcastle' on them? We have before, so why not this time? Yes, I know how good City can be (and usually are), but Chelsea seem to have the knack of rising to the occasion. Let's hope so.

xCELERYx   
16 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Maybe we can 'do a Newcastle' on them? We have before, so why not this time? Yes, I know how good City can be (and usually are), but Chelsea seem to have the knack of rising to the occasion. Let's hope so.

Obviously anything in possible, Michael. We've also got a knack of not showing up lately, so it's all going to come down to which side arrives on the day. Not exactly the stuff that instils confidence. 

1 hour ago, xCELERYx said:

Obviously anything in possible, Michael. We've also got a knack of not showing up lately, so it's all going to come down to which side arrives on the day. Not exactly the stuff that instils confidence. 

Well, here and there, it's true. Usually against teams we should beat (extra disappointing)  - but there's plenty of motivation facing City, so I wouldn't dismiss the prospect of Sarri something extra out of us - especially if Hazard and Higuain are up for it. On paper, yes City should win (and probably win well) but the game isn't played 'on paper' as we all know. Should we lose, so be it - just as long as we put in a genuine performance, and make them work  for it.

Blue Rod   

Interesting article in the Guardian,  that we beat them at the Bridge playing anything but Sarriball. If we are to come away with anything we must ditch that idiotic pinging around. 

We will be forced to ditch it anyway,  as no serious team has allowed us to do it our way.  The question is what replaces it. 

11 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Well, here and there, it's true. Usually against teams we should beat (extra disappointing)  - but there's plenty of motivation facing City, so I wouldn't dismiss the prospect of Sarri something extra out of us - especially if Hazard and Higuain are up for it. On paper, yes City should win (and probably win well) but the game isn't played 'on paper' as we all know. Should we lose, so be it - just as long as we put in a genuine performance, and make them work  for it.

This City side isn't as good as last season obviously. The idea of us parking the bus and getting a point is really growing on me.

Another win for united and they've climbed above us... this City game is as big for us and 4th place as it is for City and the title, our boys better be up for it. The race for 4th is going to be very hard for us, the fixtures for the 3 teams:

Chelsea

Man City (a)
Brighton (h)
Tottenham (h)
Fulham (a)
Wolves (h)
Everton (a)
Cardiff (a)
West Ham (h)
Liverpool (a)
Burnley (h)
Man Utd (a)
Watford (h)
Leicester (a)

Man United

Liverpool (h)
Palace (a)
Southampton (h)
Arsenal (a)
Man City (h)

Watford (h)
Wolves (a)
West Ham (h)
Everton (a)
Chelsea (h)
Huddersfield (a)
Cardiff (h)

Arsenal

Huddersfield (a)
Southampton (h)
Bournemouth (h)
Tottenham (a)
Man Utd (h)
Wolves (a)
Newcastle (h)
Everton (a)
Watford (a)
Palace (h)
Leicester (a)
Brighton (h)
Burnley (a)

On paper Arsenal have the easiest remaining fixtures and definitely the easiest run in - we HAVE to get results in our games against Fulham to West Ham, we have to aim to win all those games and hope City can beat Utd and Spurs beat Arsenal and then the two teams draw with each other.

I'm starting to feel we may miss out on top 4 and annoyingly I think it will be United that take it from us, which when you think how big the gap was when Jose left, that's shocking.

At what point to we put all eggs in to the Europa League basket?

Edited by My Blood Is Blue