• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 6 Chelsea 0

11 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Petr Cech.

Now there’s a thought! Good one sir..

23 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Well Jim Ratcliffe would do nicely.

Oh please, no!! He's just a (very much) wealthier version of Tim Martin!

1 minute ago, Bob Singleton said:

Well thats sorted then, Ratcliffe to run the club, Martin to set up Several "spoons" at the Bridge, supplying decent ale.  One or both of those options may be an improvement.

13 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

OK I’m just seduced by the money!

Ham   

I hope they've set a recurring calendar reminder.

Every two weeks should do it. 

Screenshot_20190211-234644_Samsung Internet.jpg

xCELERYx   
4 hours ago, jones said:

PL competition has never been higher and our financial position has not been weaker since pre Roman. Our only competitive adventage is the academy, and if we want any sort of long term success we need to make use of it. Not only promote a couple of them to squad player roles, but use it as our main recruitment channel. It will build a club culture that we can rely on and bounce back from when times are tough. That is the essence of things. That is what won us titles 2005-15. Terry, Lampard, Cech, Drogba, Cole. They were our culture. They were our sustianed success. Any chance of reaching the highs of that decade simply demands a cultural change.  And making use of our world class academy simply is the main tool for that. Therefore, I can’t see many better options than Lampard and Morris.

This is something I don't really understand Sarri ignoring right now. He's clearly made a big deal about the players he's using not absorbing the basics of his "philosophy" and subsequently not executing this come match day. In turn he's also made a point (ironically, given how much he pushed the not needing the transfer market line and how he'd improve the players purely by coaching them), that he more or less doesn't have the required players on hand to really stamp his football vision on the team. If the 14 senior players he's routinely selected aren't executing his instructions why continue to play them? With a number on the wrong side of 30 and a few with contract's soon to be up, why hasn't he made a bigger push to use the likes of CHO, Ampadu, Christensen and some of our other younger lads on our books.

These are young hungry enthusiastic players who want to play (and are currently being frozen out). One's that should in a sense be easier to nurture and teach, but also more receptive to learning something new - unlike their more senior counterparts who can already be set in their ways. These younger lads are more likely to be here longer term and are ultimately the future of the club. Put the work into those guys, not the ones who aren't going to be here in 12 months or so time.

At some point he needs to take some responsibly himself for the array of poor and bewildering decisions he's made - or not made in some cases. 

Edited by xCELERYx
Spelling.

11 hours ago, Vinod said:

Didier Deschamps 16/1

An excellent option IMO. Proven winner as a player and as a manager. Would command a hell of a lot of respect as well. 

There are options out there if Sarri goes. Obviously though the club wanted a change in philosophy. Maybe we thought that could help us in terms of club revenue long term, I’m not sure, but clearly the urge to change was there.

Marina is going to be stuck looking very stupid indeed if we scrap this plan midseason IMO.

2 weeks to save his job?

so we could be out of all cups by then, stupid decision..

as if Sunday wasn't bad enough, the board want to put the supporters through another humiliation for the world to see in the final..

just sack him now

Jasonb   
36 minutes ago, Never happy said:

2 weeks to save his job?

so we could be out of all cups by then, stupid decision..

as if Sunday wasn't bad enough, the board want to put the supporters through another humiliation for the world to see in the final..

just sack him now

While Sarri is in place they have someone to take the rap and face the press, once he is gone someone else has to do that. I expect they haven't figured that second part out yet.............