• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 6 Chelsea 0

2 hours ago, Dingus said:

I'm just shocked that everyone is seemingly just ok with letting Sarri be hung out to dry on this one when it's the players that have continually downed tools on multiple occasions when we've hit a rough patch.

But again, I guess we've just been conditioned by previous years that if results don't go our way, we just sack and get someone else in. Sad really.

Absolute tosh. 

The reason the guy is being criticised is because it is obvious he is punching above his weight. 

As a coach he only had one remit when hired that was to improve the squad given to him

he has failed even though he has tried to keep the senior oap players on his side regardless of their form  

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

And interestingly I haven't noticed anyone on here pushing for anyone else to start. Not evenCHO lately. Lots to drop though.

Well I'd drop Jorginho, go 4-2-3-1 and have Kante and Drinkwater in the 'pivot' to add a bit of steel and bite to the midfield. We need to shore things up before we're out of all cup competitions and end up in 7th/8th in the league. I'd certainly involve Christensen, Emerson, Ampadu and CHO more, too.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

And interestingly I haven't noticed anyone on here pushing for anyone else to start. Not evenCHO lately.

That because that ship has sailed and the coach is to much in awe of the senior OAP’s  

Thankfully Marina is still at odds In giving them contact extensions. 

2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

1I’d have personally benched a few of them now. But I don’t have to risk my job, I can make that call from the comfort of my sofa. Long-term maybe the right move, but will Sarri he here to benefit from it? It’s a perspective that gets lost too often I think. Which manager will dare making bold calls for the future if a few bad results can get him the sack 7 months into the job? 

2) I think most our players are I’ll-suited for the style we want to play. That’s the result of the club completely lacking any coherent long-term strategy between the club, the playing staff and the manager. 

New numbering scheme in place here:

Re: 1),  yes, but given that we're getting the bad results with the "trusted old hands", why not give youth its head and put trust in them to transition us to the new way and the intended future? The old hands would appear to be either unwilling or incapable of adapting to it right now.

Re: 2), I agree and that's again why it might be better to give chances to our talented younger players, who might well be less ill-suited and less resistant.

Edited by PeteRobbo

2 hours ago, Sea foot said:

Probably because those sort of views get put down by the know it alls all too quickly.

Well I'll stick my head up and say that CHO and Ampedu should start imo. Are they too rough around the edges? More than likely but if they don't get time to play the system as Sarri sees it then those rough edges will never get worn off. 

I'm sure that the majority of fans expected this new "thing" to take some time to iron out so putting in a couple of youngsters in the side would not have had too much of a downside if you ask me.

Agree absolutely SeaFoot, (and even with Droy too it seems)! Ye Gods, what's happening to me?

2 hours ago, kratos said:

I don't blame Sarri for the current squad he inherited because that same squad finished 5th last season. But I do blame him for trying to make it do something it is not capable of doing. The sensible thing would be to have looked at the current team and establish what their strengths are and how to minimise their limitations.

Because he's failed to do that we are now in the position we are in and thre is no sight of where it's going to turn around.

Yep, when it's not working, then in the short term the coach surely needs to adapt his approach to maximise the strengths of those he has available to him. 

Edited by PeteRobbo

BlueFizz   
1 hour ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yep, when it's not working, then in the short term the coach surely needs to adapt his approach to maximise the strengths of those he has available to him. 

Based on recent performances, I think Sarri probably should adapt his approach: do what it takes to make the players comfortable in the short-term, try to scrape 4th place, then (if he stays) focus on embedding his methods during a full preseason.

Personally I don’t believe we have the wrong players. I think what we really lack is a leader or leaders on the pitch. Big hearts who will not tolerate less than 100%, who lift players when things go  wrong, who generate team spirit.

I see no one really fitted to do this in our squad. Luis and Azpi come closest but aren’t really in the JT or Drogba class.

A true leader in his prime would galvanise us - older players, youths like CHO and any new arrivals.

Where this leader is, I really don’t know. They are as rare in their own way as Messis and Hazards.

Blue Rod   
11 hours ago, Never happy said:

2 weeks to save his job?

so we could be out of all cups by then, stupid decision..

as if Sunday wasn't bad enough, the board want to put the supporters through another humiliation for the world to see in the final..

just sack him now

In other words, 2 weeks to put in place a replacement.

Of course, they couldn't just say; you're sacked, and we will now look for someone to replace you.

Blue Rod   
On 11/02/2019 at 7:04 PM, The_Ghost said:

And then this. My god what’s going on? I agree or find common ground with both Pete and Rod within an hour. What are the chances of that!?! 😉

It does not surprise me one bit. After all, behind all our biases and tribalism lies sound human logic. Once we allow that logic to rear its head, we are capable of singing in harmony.  

7 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

It does not surprise me one bit. After all, behind all our biases and tribalism lies sound human logic. Once we allow that logic to rear its head, we are capable of singing in harmony.  

You're not another one saying we should form a band are you? 

I'm already in Nobly's.