• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 6 Chelsea 0

JaneB   
4 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

You're not another one saying we should form a band are you? 

I'm already in Nobly's.

Are you on tour Nobly? 🎸

Missed you on here 😔

Blue Rod   
7 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

You're not another one saying we should form a band are you? 

I'm already in Nobly's.

Now, that would be some band. 

If we get Nuno, who knows; we could be touring Europe again proper,  performing our "celery" song to sell-out crowds.  

Edited by Blue Rod

8 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Are you on tour Nobly? 🎸

Missed you on here 😔

Yeh, where's he gone? Maybe he's not recovered from the 6-0!

31 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yeh, where's he gone? Maybe he's not recovered from the 6-0!

And Paul too ! 

5 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Sorry, chopped up to make it easier to reply. 

1. Although I see your point we aren’t really doing any worse than last season. We’re about par and for a completely new way of playing that isn’t the worst scenario one could have imagined. Yes we’ve had some shocking results lately but the 6-0 loss to City wasn’t because of the system, it was players switching off and making school boy errors defensively. Arguably 5 of their 6 goals lies squarely on us. If you disagree and think we are worse this year compared to last - then I’d say sometimes it has to get worse before it can get better. 

2. Our defensive unit has mostly been ok this season. It’s really only Bournemouth and City where they’ve been exposed and it wasn’t all down to the defense - the whole team switched off. So not sure I agree with that stance. In terms of the managers instructions, I think it’s clear as day they aren’t moving enough out on the pitch. Too much standing around waiting for what the player next to them will do. Having seen Sarri at Napoli previously that’s not how he sees isn’t playing the game. We also move the ball far too slowly and always go for the safe horizontal pass instead of the vertical one (which Napoli did very well). This has been a recurring problem with three of our last managers... Maybe even longer back then that. Sure we have changed players in this time period but somehow the mentality persists. 

3. Which players can he include in the core group? Christensen, Emerson, Hudson-Odoi and Ampadu. Those are his options. I don’t foresee either of them being able to turn things around. But as things are going with some of the senior players I’d have personally benched a few of them now. But I don’t have to risk my job, I can make that call from the comfort of my sofa. Long-term maybe the right move, but will Sarri he here to benefit from it? It’s a perspective that gets lost too often I think. Which manager will dare making bold calls for the future if a few bad results can get him the sack 7 months into the job? I think we are actively suppressing risk-taking or long-term outlooks with how we handle our managers. 

4. I think most our players are I’ll-suited for the style we want to play. That’s the result of the club completely lacking any coherent long-term strategy between the club, the playing staff and the manager. 

5. I think the no plan B is a valid argument now. We see that these set of players can’t play this style to any great effect. The time for plan B is now and then re-group and change the squad over the summer and we go again trying to implement Sarri-ball. 

If he is still not doing better halfway through next season it might be the right time to talk about alternatives. But for me it’s much too soon to do that now. 

Lets be honest, who thought Klopp would take Liverpool to a CL final and be in the running for league champions after his first season at Liverpool? I suspect none. Liverpool fans too called for his head. I don’t think they’re doing that anymore. Not saying Sarri will be a success, but I’m willing to give him time to show if he will. 

I can't be bothered replying to this drivel... but please don't break up my posts in this way. I wrote the way I wrote, in deliberate paragraphs, not for some *******  to come along, chop them up so they no longer mean what I had them mean, and then spout bollocks. I have you on ignore for good reason.

• Haha 1

Ham   

Jesus there's some grumpy so and sos on here recently 👆

Unnecessarily rude response. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I can't be bothered replying to this drivel... but please don't break up my posts in this way. I wrote the way I wrote, in deliberate paragraphs, not for some *******  to come along, chop them up so they no longer mean what I had them mean, and then spout bollocks. I have you on ignore for good reason.

Bob, either engage in polite conversation, or go away. People don't deserve this insulting drivel. This is your very last warning.

4 minutes ago, Ham said:

Unnecessarily rude response. 

Yes, and not for the first time from Bob - but certainly the last if he wants to stay on this forum.

19 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

And Paul too ! 

Right! Double-Whammy then.

14 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

At this point, what's the worst that could happen? We lose 7-0? 

Ouch! 

12 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

New numbering scheme in place here:

Re: 1),  yes, but given that we're getting the bad results with the "trusted old hands", why not give youth its head and put trust in them to transition us to the new way and the intended future? The old hands would appear to be either unwilling or incapable of adapting to it right now.

Re: 2), I agree and that's again why it might be better to give chances to our talented younger players, who might well be less ill-suited and less resistant.

1. At this stage one would have to wonder what we could lose to use some of the younger ones for sure. But if Sarri thinks that the seniors are better players and we are doing terribly at the moment, from his perspective it would be illogical to play inferior players right now. 

Will be interesting to see where we go from here! 

2. They should definitely be easier to change! 

9 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Well I did start out by apologising. Besides, putting a number next to each paragraph (to make it easier to address each point) shouldn’t change the meaning of your text. It just breaks it up in sections with a number. Not like I removed more than a few sentences in that whole post. Must have been some craftsmanship from you if my numbering changed the whole meaning of that post! 

Bit unecessary reply from you though, considering I was even agreeing with some of your points. I gather you aren’t too interesting in polite discussion and sharing of ideas then. Got it. I won’t make the mistake to engage with you again.