• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 6 Chelsea 0

johnboy   

It’s a hard one to call today. There is something telling me we could sneak something but then there’s the realisation that we could be defensively inept & lose. If we win then happy days, if we play well & draw or lose by the odd goal, I may not get too upset.

I want us to win the remaining games, let the others take points of each other, City above Liverpool & us 3rd or 4th & even better if Spurs imploded.

Above all, please let’s show something by Hazard & Higuain linking nicely, A strong defence who are aware what is going on behind them, & a midfield that can both defend & create. Then I may start to believe that something could be growing.

Blue Rod   
3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

We lost to Bournemouth last season too so Sarri hasn't done anything different there .

We have been dropping points because we were dominating games and not scoring , Sarri has rectified that by bringing in a striker who knows where the goal is so if all goes to plan we should see an improvement .

I would really love Higuain to score today, and us to beat City, whatever happens to the title race. It is in our DNA to upset the apple cart. But the idea that we lost points mainly because of lack of strikers is an overblown myth. We lost matches because our midfield don't create enough, is too porous and allows teams like Bournemouth to slice through us sending our defenders helter-skelter. We might have scored a few more goals, but we were hardly prolific in creating.

I remember the early days of Drogba when he used to miss so many chances, so much that he even considered going back to France. The team was playing well and we still managed to win the title that season. This idea that Higuain is our panacea has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

8 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

I remember the early days of Drogba when he used to miss so many chances, so much that he even considered going back to France.

I bet you do.  You really do have quite a quirky memory.  Kind of like Carlsberg.   Others recall that he scored at a faster rate in his first two seasons than his third.  

No one else will have remembered his homesickness being related to not scoring (perhaps to not starting though).

Huge game today, my only worry is if we were to win today it’s goung to be incredibly difficult to beat them 3 times in a row to win the League Cup. If given one or the other I’d take winning the League Cup final every single time.

COME ON YOU CHELS!!!

Blue Rod   
9 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I bet you do.  You really do have quite a quirky memory.  Kind of like Carlsberg.   Others recall that he scored at a faster rate in his first two seasons than his third.  

No one else will have remembered his homesickness being related to not scoring (perhaps to not starting though).

Mr Self Contra, I am talking about Drogba's first few months, and you have bunched the first 2 seasons together to support your argument. He scored 10 PL goals in his first (2004/05) season, and I think 20 in 2006/07. So I have no idea where you get your stats from. 

58 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well that’s not right clearly. 

Hoping for a good performance not to confident on getting a result just as long as players don’t cave in like they have done a few times this season. 3-1 city with a few dodgy referring decisions going city’s way

Bison   

The fact Sarri rates Barkley is enough to warrant his sacking in my honest opinion.

I am fed up.