• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester City 6 Chelsea 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Manchester City at Etihad Stadium, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:00, Sunday 10th February, 2019 (Local UK time/date).

Ham   

I'm just pleased we're not going to the Etihad with second season Conte in charge. That was a disgrace.

I genuinely would like to see Triple H up top for this one. Firstly because we need pace and secondly because CHO is more direct and likes to put in a cross. CHO on the right wing. 

I think we will see;

Arrizabalaga 

Azpilicueta Rudiger Luiz Alonso

Kante Jorginho Barkley

Pedro Higuain Hazard

2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Arrizabalaga 

Azpilicueta Rudiger Christensen  Emerson

Kante Jorginho Barkley

Pedro Higuain Hazard

A slight modification for me in the back 4. 

jones   

The best #8 to capitalise on the counter is RLC. He should start this game. Think Pedro gets the nod over Willian on the right, since he is better defensively and also good on the counter.

Sarri’s record against the top teams does not fill one with confidence, the win at home was rather fortunate. Need a miracle performance. We are capable though, and hopefully a week’s focus, now that all the transfer speculation is over and we bounced back with 5-0, gives us good preparation.

Massive month coming up also with City x2, Man United and Spurs + Malmö x2. It seems obvious to me we should not go full string against United in the FA cup. Won it last year, and already in a cup final. Need to prioritise. CL qualification all that matters at this point.

xCELERYx   
17 minutes ago, jones said:

The best #8 to capitalise on the counter is RLC. He should start this game. Think Pedro gets the nod over Willian on the right, since he is better defensively and also good on the counter.

Sarri’s record against the top teams does not fill one with confidence, the win at home was rather fortunate. Need a miracle performance. We are capable though, and hopefully a week’s focus, now that all the transfer speculation is over and we bounced back with 5-0, gives us good preparation.

Massive month coming up also with City x2, Man United and Spurs + Malmö x2. It seems obvious to me we should not go full string against United in the FA cup. Won it last year, and already in a cup final. Need to prioritise. CL qualification all that matters at this point.

I believe we're rated as having the most difficult fixture list to end the season with, so it will certainly be interesting to see how we go, with some big away games are on the horizon. Curious to see how Sarri opts to navigate though the remaining PL fixtures with the remaining games we have in other competitions as well. Last season at Napoli he opted to sacrifice the Europa League and Coppa Italia in an attempt to take advantage of their good league forward, in the end it backfired and walked away empty handed on. Not sure if Sarri can really afford to do that here, not with how we've always as a club looked to win everything we could. So that shall be interesting

Big game this one. Will certainly test the resolve of both players and manager and if anything has truly changed after mid-weeks episode. 

Edited by xCELERYx

1 hour ago, chiswickblue said:

Do we want to win and potentially allow Liverpool to extend their lead?

That's the problem... I'd rather see City win the league than Liverpool, but we also need to finish in the top 4

1 hour ago, chiswickblue said:

Do we want to win and potentially allow Liverpool to extend their lead?

3 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Its more about catching Spurs and staying ahead of Arsenal and Utd.

I know, it is a tricky choice.  Right now I want a strong performance to point the way forward more than I worry about the result.