• Current Donation Goals

Droy was my hero

Your Favourite Tv Shows/sitcoms?

Ham   
3 hours ago, Rob B said:

Agreed,  loved it.

I thought Bean and Graham were absolutely superb. 

Absolutely brilliant. What makes it so hard to watch is that you imagine yourself in the position of SB's character and wonder how you'd cope, especially as a first timer at his age. 

SG was, as always, brilliant (aside from his Al Capone accent in Boardwalk Empire which was ever so slightly cartoonish).

4 hours ago, Ham said:

Absolutely brilliant. What makes it so hard to watch is that you imagine yourself in the position of SB's character and wonder how you'd cope, especially as a first timer at his age. 

SG was, as always, brilliant (aside from his Al Capone accent in Boardwalk Empire which was ever so slightly cartoonish).

His South Wales Valleys accent in the Jeremy Bamber series White House Farm was pretty ropey. He'd obviously worked incredibly hard on it, but it wasn't convincing to a Valleys resident like me!

• Like 1

Ham   
1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

His South Wales Valleys accent in the Jeremy Bamber series White House Farm was pretty ropey. He'd obviously worked incredibly hard on it, but it wasn't convincing to a Valleys resident like me!

Whereas I bought that accent completely.  Sounded totally Welsh, now then, isn't it boyo?

Edited by Ham

chara   

Well..to catch up....LoD has been and gone now... a bit of a damp squib at the end ...the "with one bound he was free" type ploy but leaving a huge open door for another series.

Still enjoyed it and thanks for keeping comments under wraps!

After the easy going and viewing "The Brokenwood Mysteries" returned to NZ for "The Gulf".... once "in to it" found it compelling..first series ended..went to second series but the streaming whatever with prime asked for $$ to watch it on another stream...nope....

Watching Law and Order UK...which I find a bit annoying as so many good story lines are cut short to shift to the court scenes and feel it needs another half hour or even a two episode format.   

In tandem..."Above Suspicion"...and on PBS here new series of "Unforgotten" and a quircky first episode of "Mr T".....a strange one!

21 minutes ago, chara said:

In tandem..."Above Suspicion"...and on PBS here new series of "Unforgotten" and a quircky first episode of "Mr T".....a strange one!

Unforgotten 4 was on here back in March - as good as ever.  Possibly the best so far
Nicola Walker + Sanjeev Bhaskar are probably my favourite pair of actors

apart of course from Nicola Walker and anyone from Halifax or Nicola Walker + Steven Mangan (with Meera Syal as a bonus) in the Split
Or Steven Mangan with Tamsin Greig, or anything with Kelly McDonald as a Policewoman.

Or Sanjeev Bhaskar & Meera Syal in "Yesterday" - which was brilliant but could had more of them in it.

Radio:  Meera Syal A Small Town Murder (2008-2020)
and Nicola Walker  Annika Stranded  (2013+)    are both on BBC radio and both brilliant.

Going back to the '70's

The Goodies, The Benny Hill Show, On the Buses, Love thy Neighbour, Mind Your Language, George and Mildred to name but a few.  Some were rather un-PC and would never get shown in the modern day, but people like Keith Lemon get away with far worse and nobody says a thing.  In Love thy Neighbour Eddie absolutely gets away with murder with his insults but Bill gives as good as he gets and often ends up having the last laugh.  I also liked the old quiz shows like Celebrity Squares, Give Us a Clue, Blankety Blank, Blockbusters and a Question of Sport, but QOS has long since gone stale, and I no longer bother.  A league of their Own is just a poor man's   They Think It's All Over. any programme that has Holly Willoughby on it is enough for me to hurl a brick at the TV.  

chara   

MT for comment...but anyone who cares to comment as well...

Mrs C and I have been binging and enjoying on some Aussie/NZ series..the excellent..for me.."One Lane Bridge" "The Gulf"..and from Aussie land..."Mystery Road" and "Jack Irish"....both with initially a bit of "I wonder... lets give it a go"....in both cases we watched the TV series before the "movies"..not a hinderance in both cases but best to go the movie first route...

Loved Aaron Pederson (sic)...and although Mrs C was less enthused I loved his wife in "Mystery Road"..a real woman not a cardboard cut out!...any thoughts MT?..or recommendations?

1 hour ago, chara said:

any thoughts MT?..or recommendations?

I'm not a big fan of local tv shows, but it's fair to say that I've enjoyed Mystery Road and One Lane Bridge.

I would however, highly recommend Mr. Inbetween. 

chara   
11 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

I'm not a big fan of local tv shows, but it's fair to say that I've enjoyed Mystery Road and One Lane Bridge.

I would however, highly recommend Mr. Inbetween. 

Thanks MT...will check it out.

3 hours ago, chara said:

Thanks MT...will check it out.

Ran for 3 seasons (26 episodes). Pretty sure that there's a box set out there somewhere :).