• Current Donation Goals

paulw66   
7 minutes ago, Ham said:

We only had control for a 20 minute spell after half time. We were very poor individually and as a team through most of that game. 

I was not at all impressed by Jorginho tonight. A lot of our better moments had nothing at all to do with him. 

Yes, then he went off. 

I didn't say he was particularly good or bad, just that when he went off, we lost control

6 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Kovacic hasn’t made a serious final third move all season. No idea why he’s being played at CM8. Don’t understand where Sarri is going with that. Kovacic is quite clearly the CM6.

Hasn’t scored for over two years - I’m not surprised. 

Sarri has already covered this in a press conference, Kovacic is the Fabergas replacement he never got in the transfer window

When Jorginho is subbed or rested  then Kovacic takes his place , Ampadu is too defensive ! its what happened tonight and will again

7 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Had the **** kicked out of us for 90 miniutes 

Very good result considering.

Should've avoided conceding that sloppy goal though.

Should have been better, could have been worse.  Not going to get too excited by it. 
Sarri did as much rotation as he possible could - well done the manager.

Willian was very good.  There has been a tactical change (no one notices) in last month or so with the wingers staying out much much wider than before, and Willian does this probably better than any of out wingers.

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Rosenberg on three yellows now by any standard.

This ref is beyond a joke. 

28 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

19 fouls no cards. This ref is making his own rule book 

I figured Rosenborg must be a team, not the name on just one players back.  8 fouls given, a dozen more not given.  Mostly just kicks from behind, so 3 yellows is extremely lenient.

Ref really was a bad joke.  Barca games aside, I have never seen a UEFA ref anything like this bad.

42 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I think Christensen should have fouled him smartly  or slowed him down a bit. Should not allow him to make a pass that easy. Although Luiz was also a bit sloppy with the ball there. 

Well he did slow him down, I thought Christensen had done well to stop him running through to shoot. 

38 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

If Kante had been playing in the deeper role instead of Kovacic, would they have scored? Not sure Kante would have been beaten for pace that way.

If Jorginho had been there I doubt they would have scored.  Indeed if Fabregas had been there...  Kovacic is slow.  A battler but slow.

29 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

(Barkley)Too sloppy with the ball for me mate. Makes way too many unforced mistakes.

Agreed.  Also why has it taken him 12 months at Chelsea to discover where to move to when crosses come in?  Didn't he learn that at Everton?

1 hour ago, Ham said:

(CHO)  What's black and white is that he will be leaving us thanks to Sarri. 

I very much doubt it.  He'll have seen Solanke and realised that not playing any football for your last year because you refused a new contract really messes with your development as a player.  And that even if you do serve your last year out in the reserves, the club still gets to demand a substantial fee if you are U24.
What he really needs is to find some club that is willing to pay Chelsea £45m for him instead of trying to get him cheap and just pay an agent.

6 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Should've avoided conceding that sloppy goal though.

I thought it was a really well worked goal from them. A sloppy ball from Luiz and no need for it at that point of the game but from then on just a very good goal.

13 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Had the **** kicked out of us for 90 miniutes 

Very good result considering.

https://talksport.com/football/484083/premier-league-footballers-conceded-most-fouls-no-booking-liverpool-tottenham-arsenal/

So there are 14 PL players who have committed 10 or more fouls (compared to Rosenborg's 8) and not been booked.

4 of them have committed more than 15 fouls, and Firminho has committed 30 fouls and not been booked.

To be fair though, that is all totals for the season so far, Firminho's 30 yellow free fouls have been across 26 different matches.

Still think Rosenborg must be the team name, not the player's.

7 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I very much doubt it.  He'll have seen Solanke and realised that not playing any football for your last year because you refused a new contract really messes with your development as a player.  And that even if you do serve your last year out in the reserves, the club still gets to demand a substantial fee if you are U24.
What he really needs is to find some club that is willing to pay Chelsea £45m for him instead of trying to get him cheap and just pay an agent.

I think he's very, very lucky to be anywhere near a match day squad, let alone be getting on the pitch.

He needs to either sign a new contract and then maybe be given more time or go back to playing for the reserve's. 

GURJ SS   
26 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Yes but Kovacic is not really a attacking midfielder. That is why him playing no.8 is just pointless. Only Barkley and RLC should play that role. When RLC was fit he was used more on the wings than in the no.8 role and IMO RLC is better than Barkley and Kovacic at no.8 ,Sarri still has not manage to figure that out. He also hasn’t figured out CHO is probably his most direct winger that gives him something different compared to the ageing Willian and Pedro. Bringing on Hazard and Kante in this type of game just shows what he thinks of our younger players. It could easily have been Ampudu and CHO. Hopefully he has finally figured out the difference between Emerson and Alonso. 

True and ideally RLC would be playing the number 8 role. However what can a manager do when he expects his number 8 to be able to defend and attack but RLC has almost zero defending ability(especially since moving into senior football). The defensive game just passes RLC by even in more advanced positions, at number 8 it's suicide as he will simply stroll back while we're being attacked left, right and centre.

The game before our goals wasn't a game that CHO would have been able to get joy out of, the opposition was so tight and deep that he'd have had no room to get the ball out of his feet; everyone was struggling to get space. I always say that in order for a young player to get more game time the senior players need to get the job done as soon as possible, if we were winning 3-0 and similar results on a regular basis and CHO was nowhere to be seen them fair enough; but even Foden isn't getting major game time when he's team is thumping the opposition, and also his game time plummeted when City went through a difficult spell.

Back to RLC, he was one of my favourite players before he broke into the first team and I still think there's something there. However he needs to either have a word with the manager and reinvent himself as a striker or simply roll his sleeves up and actually put a shift in; RLC is not playing because he hasn't done enough to earn his place every time he's been given the chance.

If Sarri had put on Ampadu and CHO instead of Kante and Hazard we'd have probably end up drawing, they can't compare to the two that come on. Personally I'd have changed CHO for Giroud and let him run off the shoulder on the break however imagine the reaction if he'd have done that; it was bad enough when Hazard was asked to play up top. Sarri brought on better quality in Hazard and then gave CHO his runout, it's clever management as Hazard became the main focus and CHO was given more room.

I'm still baffled by one thing though, how is a 18 year old who tried to blackmail the club is making the manager get so much stick. Don't get me wrong he's a good young player but us fans are our clubs worst enemy at times; if anything we as fans are part of the reason managers have such a hard time at our club, we like the players expect the manager to answer to the players and not the players to the manager.

Holymoly   

I won't lie to you, that was as uninspiring a game as has been our season as a whole. While the result was ok we should have had the match entirely under our control. As it was it was like a basketball game and it could have gone either way. Every time I watch Chelsea now I'm waiting for the wheels to fall off. Hopefully we will see the tie over the line at SB.

Mediocre wobbliness.

18 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I think he's very, very lucky to be anywhere near a match day squad, let alone be getting on the pitch.

He needs to either sign a new contract and then maybe be given more time or go back to playing for the reserve's. 

15 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

I'm still baffled by one thing though, how is a 18 year old who tried to blackmail the club is making the manager get so much stick.

Martin - yes.
Good point, Gurj - Its because people want to have a go at Sarri or the club.  Both media and fans.  That is pretty much the whole story.  Imagine if he was trying to hold Liverpool to ransom.  Shame of it.

15 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Back to RLC, he was one of my favourite players before he broke into the first team and I still think there's something there. However he needs to either have a word with the manager and reinvent himself as a striker or simply roll his sleeves up and actually put a shift in; RLC is not playing because he hasn't done enough to earn his place every time he's been given the chance.

He has been disappointing, hasn't he this year.  And now constantly out of sorts.
But forget any idea of him playing striker, if he can't put a midfield shift in, he certainly isn't going to be able to man up to a CF shift of the kind that was too much for Morata.  
Should be a winger.  His core strength is taking on an opponent and going past 50% of the time.  Brilliant if you do it in the right place, dreadful if you lose the ball in the wrong place.  

Edited by Droy was my hero