• Current Donation Goals

Jasonb   
27 minutes ago, Boni said:

Last season under Conte we had Kante playing in his natural position. We lost 3-0 to Bournemouth, 4-1 to Watford, 3-0 to Roma, 3-0 to Barcelona, 3-1 to Spurs and if my memory serves me well we also lost 3-0 to City. 

We failed to qualify for top4. 

If people think taking Kante back to his normal position will magically solve our problems then I don't know.

The players are the common denominators and I feel that Sarri needs to be backed by the board and given the players he needs. 

I believe that Pep snubbed us because he didn't believe that our board would back him. 

You make a reasonable point about the losses yet for me the killer was the last two league matches were we drew at home to Huddersfield 1-1 and lost away to Newcastle 3-0. If we had won both those fixture we would have been 4th. I think the players stopped playing for Conte yet made an effort for the Cup Final.

GURJ SS   
2 hours ago, Boni said:

Last season under Conte we had Kante playing in his natural position. We lost 3-0 to Bournemouth, 4-1 to Watford, 3-0 to Roma, 3-0 to Barcelona, 3-1 to Spurs and if my memory serves me well we also lost 3-0 to City. 

We failed to qualify for top4. 

If people think taking Kante back to his normal position will magically solve our problems then I don't know.

The players are the common denominators and I feel that Sarri needs to be backed by the board and given the players he needs. 

I believe that Pep snubbed us because he didn't believe that our board would back him. 

Very good points.

GURJ SS   

I'd like to see:

Kepa;

Zappa, Christensen, Dave, Emerson

Jorginho;

Pedro, Kante, Kovacic, Hazard;

Higuain;

However I think Sarri will be under some serious pressure now and can't give the players any excuses. I think what's making things even worse is a lack of attacking threat from the full backs and a lack of concentration at the back; but if Sarri makes changes and loses he'll still get the blame. Truth is we haven't got enough quality to change some players around. So I think he'll go with the above team but have a back four of Dave, Rudi, Luiz and Alonso; with Willian for Pedro.

For this one, I'd be tempted to go with this lineup:

Kepa

Zappa 

Rudiger

Christensen

Emerson

Jorginho

Kante

Loftus-Cheek

CHO

Hazard

Higuain

Kepa

Azpi , Rudiger , Luiz, Alonso

Jorginho 

Kante , Kovacic (Barkley 65)

Willian (Pedro 75)  , Higuain ( Giroud 80), Hazard

Hope to see the following. 

Arrizabalaga

Azpilicueta Christensen Luiz Emerson

Kante      Kovacic     RLC

CHO              Higuain       Hazard

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Kepa

Azpi , Rudiger , Luiz, Alonso

Jorginho 

Kante , Kovacic (Barkley 65)

Willian (Pedro 75)  , Higuain ( Giroud 80), Hazard

Radical! Controversial! I like it!

23 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Radical! Controversial! I like it!

That's me alright !  A forward thinker !