• Current Donation Goals

xCELERYx   
56 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I won't lie to you, that was as uninspiring a game as has been our season as a whole. While the result was ok we should have had the match entirely under our control. As it was it was like a basketball game and it could have gone either way. Every time I watch Chelsea now I'm waiting for the wheels to fall off. Hopefully we will see the tie over the line at SB.

Mediocre wobbliness.

Story of our season really. I don't think I've ever found myself this disinterested in watching us play in all the years I've been a supporter. It's gotten to the point where some games this season I've found myself with the game on and it ending up as background noise while I do something else more interesting. It's ironic you bring up basketball because as a 76ers fan we had it rough during full process mode. Yet, I watched every game we played, including sitting through our 10 win season in 2015/16 and still found myself more engaged than what Chelsea has served up to date.

Sarri needs to go, as do a bunch of players who can follow suit. 

Ham   
3 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Barkley is at best a squad player, at the same level as Victor Moses, in fact a bit lower imo.

I thought he was really positive tonight. One of few positives. Most of the good stuff started with him. 

I can put up with the odd misplaced pass. 

I think he'll improve with game time and confidence. 

Ham   
4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Still you got to admit he can look up and put a good cross in an EL game when needed.  

Singular. Yes. 

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

I can put up with the odd misplaced pass. 

But not the one a few minutes from time to an opponent on the edge of our box.

Just now, Ham said:

Singular. Yes. 

CHO would have been annointed the new King of the Bridge for that.

kev61   
7 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Story of our season really. I don't think I've ever found myself this disinterested in watching us play in all the years I've been a supporter. It's gotten to the point where some games this season I've found myself with the game on and it ending up as background noise while I do something else more interesting. It's ironic you bring up basketball because as a 76ers fan we had it rough during full process mode. Yet, I watched every game we played, including sitting through our 10 win season in 2015/16 and still found myself more engaged than what Chelsea has served up to date.

Sarri needs to go, as do a bunch of players who can follow suit. 

Sums it up for me unfortunately.

Ham   
8 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

CHO would have been annointed the new King of the Bridge for that.

If he'd managed it in a 5 minute cameo, possibly. It wouldn't have been enough in almost a full match.

A mediocre performance against an extremely mediocre opponent. Decent result and hooray - two away goals, the first this year according to the BT Sport commentators.

Midfield was uninspiring with Barkely contributing the goal, but also surrendering possession too many times. I would like to see someone other than Hazard wanting to look to pass forward as a first option.

I noticed it again tonight, it was easier to see on TV - when the opposition gets into a wide area to centre/pull back a ball, all our defenders and a midfielder or two line up in a straight line along or just inside our 6 yard box. A great big gap is left for the oppositions players to move into in front of them with none of our lot in there and the wide attacker to roll the ball into. Cost us goals too many times this season and it needs to be eradicated.

We also don't seem to have anyone sitting on the edge of our 18 yard box and staying there ,when defending a corner. Another area that the ball found its way too, with the opposition getting in too many shots. Basic defending tactics stop or lessen those opportunities for our opponents.

xCELERYx   
13 minutes ago, East Lower said:

A mediocre performance against an extremely mediocre opponent. Decent result and hooray - two away goals, the first this year according to the BT Sport commentators.

Midfield was uninspiring with Barkely contributing the goal, but also surrendering possession too many times. I would like to see someone other than Hazard wanting to look to pass forward as a first option.

I noticed it again tonight, it was easier to see on TV - when the opposition gets into a wide area to centre/pull back a ball, all our defenders and a midfielder or two line up in a straight line along or just inside our 6 yard box. A great big gap is left for the oppositions players to move into in front of them with none of our lot in there and the wide attacker to roll the ball into. Cost us goals too many times this season and it needs to be eradicated.

We also don't seem to have anyone sitting on the edge of our 18 yard box and staying there ,when defending a corner. Another area that the ball found its way too, with the opposition getting in too many shots. Basic defending tactics stop or lessen those opportunities for our opponents.

That's zonal marking for you under Sarri and identical to how things were with Napoli. Players are instructed to mark space and not the man. The byproduct of this is opposition players having all this space and time to utilise to their advantage. Worked better in Italy where the intensity of games isn't as great and the competition down the table not as strong. These situations weren't punished as often as they are currently in a more competitive league. 

This zonal approach is a big reason why we've struggled when teams get in behind, more so now that Kante isn't that deepest midfielder. Under previous managers players were generally instructed to mark an opponent in a more  direct manner, this makes virtually every player responsible for a man. It reduced space and put pressure on opponents to get into those more dangerous positions - particularly when it came down to set pieces. With Kante also now further forward than ever a lot of the time he's no longer in a position to get back and help out defensively. This responsibility has fallen more on Jorginho and Kovavic/Barkley, none of which are remotely in the same league from a defensive stand point compared to Kante. Most noticeably though, none have the ability to recover like Kante can. Makes a world of difference once you remove that little bit of extra security. Big reason why Fernandinho is so important for Man City and the functioning of their midfield. Without him, the balance isn't there. That's what we're facing now with how Sarri sets us up, an imbalance that ultimately leaves us vulnerable. 

8 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

With Matic at DM as I recall.

Can’t remember Matic at Leicester, maybe he wasn’t standing I the right city. 

• Haha 1

kev61   

The thing with Sarri is he has ran out of ideas - never mind zonal marking and recycling the ball and playing 4-4-2 - when you can't even tell the difference from a good player and a bad one you are truly ****ed.

Edited by kev61