• Current Donation Goals

1 minute ago, McCreadie said:

Let's face it, there is so much wrong with the team, how the hell else is Sarri supposed to remember everything he has to say at half time?

Well yes, that's true isn't it?

Stim   
2 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Well, others do it too. Even JM himself did it quite frequently and I might do it. You know, just to take an aide-memoire? It's easy to forget things when something else happens and distracts you I think. Well I do that for sure.

I don't usually care about the note taking, its whatever. But last night I swear it was the 5th minute and it cut to him furiously scribbling in his notepad.

3 minutes ago, Stim said:

I don't usually care about the note taking, its whatever. But last night I swear it was the 5th minute and it cut to him furiously scribbling in his notepad.

Yes, I noticed that too. I suppose it may have been something that simply went through his mind at that time and so he made a note, but yes, I did sit up and notice it for sure.

14 minutes ago, Phoenix Blue said:

Personally I had hoped Sarri would succeed with his system, but I have finally come to terms with the reality that some of these players will never adapt to it, not tomorrow, not next month, probably never will. So the fact is if Sarri cannot or will not adapt he has to resign because he will be fired without doubt....

As for the game, totally uninspiring, same old same old,  Willian and Pedro will never make it in this system, they are both counter attacking players and this system isn't set up that way.

.....    Defensively we look as if we will concede every time a team gets a free kick or a corner, in the reverse we have loads of corners and never look like scoring,....

These players aren't going to adapt to anything.  Players Under 30 who might be core in the near future (if we can keep them):
Kepa, Azpi (30 in August), Rudiger, Jorgy, Kante, Hazard.

That is 6 with the last 2 being difficult to keep.   None of the others will be core IMO.  My guess is that by 2021 only Kepa, Rudiger and (if Sarri stays) Jorgy will be here.  The rest will be on long term loan or gone or just marginal.

That means 3 down 12 core players to find in 2 years.  It really doesn't matter if the current players can't adapt.

Willian actually has adapted well to the new Winger position introduced by Sarri around December.  Stay wide and be the out ball.  Effective last night.  A shame he can't put his energy to as much use as he once did but he probably no longer has that energy.

Willian is also the only player we have post Fab4 who can take corners reliably.

paulw66   

Why does anyone give a flying fig what he does or does not write in a note pad?

When we went 18 games unbeaten at the start of the season, how many people mentioned it? 

It really doesn't matter. 

JaneB   
6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Why does anyone give a flying fig what he does or does not write in a note pad?

When we went 18 games unbeaten at the start of the season, how many people mentioned it? 

It really doesn't matter. 

It was just a point of view that's all 🙄

11 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yes, I noticed that too. I suppose it may have been something that simply went through his mind at that time and so he made a note, but yes, I did sit up and notice it for sure.

Its almost an academic approach,

In Sarris world all the preparation, formation team is all prepared for in advance, to a degree is fair enough, But in his case once the match has started he is very hands off, He observes makes notes for tweaks for the preparation for next match

He is mostly utterly  incapable of reacting or influencing a match during play.

GURJ SS   
4 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

I like Kovacic, think he's a very tidy footballer that is being asked to be something he's not. Full credit to him for giving it his best but he's never going to be what Sarri wants him to be.

A simple change to 4231 with Kante alongside either Kovacic or Jorginho in a double pivot and with a bit of work with have potentially a very good pairing.

As the the three in front of them, obviously Pedro Hazard Willian would be first choice but it would potentially get the best out of Barkley and Loftus Cheek too, allowing them more attacking freedom with less defensive responsibility. 

That will bring us back to that same old question:

Does the club replace Sarri with someone who uses a counter attacking system for the benefit of the players?

Or

Does the club keep Sarri and let him build a team who is able to play possession football?

With most of our starting players near or over 30 I'd go with the latter and build a new team with a different style of football. It'll take some patience from the club and fans but in the end we will end up with players who listen to what is asked off them and fight to play for the shirt, instead of players who want it their way all the time.

1 hour ago, Phoenix Blue said:

So the fact is if Sarri cannot or will not adapt he has to resign because he will be fired without doubt.

Very, very few professional football team managers ever resign - Jose Mourinho and his assistants have £19+ million reasons that demonstrate why that rarely happens (plus a slightly less large sum from us!)

Should he go, he'll be sacked, I have very little doubt of that.

Edited by East Lower