• Current Donation Goals

47 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

I get different answers whenever I ask aboit cigarette addiction. We all know nicotine makes you a little bit high. But it doesn't tell the whole story. 

I find it relaxing/calming... but then I'm not a heavy smoker; a pack of 20 will easily last a couple of weeks, sometimes longer. I'll light up before shooting a gig or a fashion show, and I do enjoy that brief moment of light-headedness you get with the first puff (but friends who are heavier smokers than me don't get that light-headed feeling, so I must assume that that has more to do with not smoking for days at a time). Same with alcohol. I rarely drink but when I do have a glass of wine or a pint or a shot of vodka I get a feeling of light-headedness (albeit different from tobacco)

Blue Rod   
2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

I find it relaxing/calming... but then I'm not a heavy smoker; a pack of 20 will easily last a couple of weeks, sometimes longer. I'll light up before shooting a gig or a fashion show, and I do enjoy that brief moment of light-headedness you get with the first puff (but friends who are heavier smokers than me don't get that light-headed feeling, so I must assume that that has more to do with not smoking for days at a time). Same with alcohol. I rarely drink but when I do have a glass of wine or a pint or a shot of vodka I get a feeling of light-headedness (albeit different from tobacco)

That's the whole point,  Bob. Those who actually enjoy it are those who are not addicted or heavily addicted to it. Once you're hooked on it you're too preoccupied with guatanteeing supply to actually enjoy it

kev61   
15 hours ago, JaneB said:

I'll leave you guys to discuss all the 'technical stuff' but I don't want a manager who's always taking notes.  It looks ridiculous.  I want him prowling the touchline taking everything in and yelling at and encouraging the players.  I'm not sure I ever saw SAF taking notes or other managers from a bygone age.

I'd have to take notes if I was manager because I wouldn't know what the hell I was doing.  He's paid to know what he's doing.  It should be instinctive.   

Fantastic Jane - you are of course right! It is a simple game made difficult by a few people that frankly don't know their arse from their elbow!

13 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

That's the whole point,  Bob. Those who actually enjoy it are those who are not addicted or heavily addicted to it. Once you're hooked on it you're too preoccupied with guatanteeing supply to actually enjoy it

You're making it sound like heroin Rod. We're only talking about cigarettes and whisky here for good nerds sake, (not even wild, wild women - reference Mr Kelly?). 

I don't think anyone need be "preoccupied with guaranteeing supply" to any great extent. They are both freely available.

7 hours ago, kev61 said:

Fantastic Jane - you are of course right! It is a simple game made difficult by a few people that frankly don't know their arse from their elbow!

It's only an aide-memoire at most Kev.

JaneB   
7 hours ago, kev61 said:

Aren't I always Kev? 😂

kev61   
3 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Aren't I always Kev? 😂

I get you - you talk more sense than most!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

You're making it sound like heroin Rod. We're only talking about cigarettes and whisky here for good nerds sake, (not even wild, wild women - reference Mr Kelly?). 

I don't think anyone need be "preoccupied with guaranteeing supply" to any great extent. They are both freely available.

It's an old C/w number I believe , think someone else covered it later .

30 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

30 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

On the money as ever Mark.

I think the artist in questions was actually the superbly named Buck Owens & The Buckaroos!

"Cigarettes and whisky and wild, wild women,

They'll drive you crazy, they'll drive you insane......."

Maybe Kev knows the song too.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Jim Croce did a cover... which was the first version I'd heard of the song.