• Current Donation Goals

Holymoly   
6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Will we ever know what RLC is like when fit?  

I seem to remember Gerrard was always having niggly injuries when he was young. They put it down to him still growing. Hopefully RLC will grow out of it (without developing the tendency to slip over and give the ball away obviously)

6 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

mcI seem to remember Gerrard was always having niggly injuries when he was young. They put it down to him still growing. Hopefully RLC will grow out of it (without developing the tendency to slip over and give the ball away obviously)

RLC was 23 last month. Time to have got over growing problems, or at least learn to live with them.  5 years from his debut, how long till his retirement?

The team

Chelsea: Kepa; Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Christensen, Emerson; Kovacic, Jorginho, Barkley; Pedro, Giroud, Willian

Subs: Cabellero, Rüdiger, Kanté, Higuain, Hazard, Hudson-Odi, Zappacosta

Ham   

Another massive f### you to CHO.  

Is Sarri seriously telling the piss? Spiteful old man. 

GURJ SS   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

RLC was 23 last month. Time to have got over growing problems, or at least learn to live with them.  5 years from his debut, how long till his retirement?

RLC was badly mismanaged by the club, he certainly had great potential but the big contract and wrapping him up in cotton wool destroyed his chances of being a top player. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see him ever being a main player for us, unless we don't mind playing Europa League football and fighting for 5/6th place. He simply isn't a top 4 player, there's no fight or aspirations in him left, I do think it's also RLC and his attitude but personally I have no doubt in thinking the club played a huge part in carving him out that way.

4 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

The team

Chelsea: Kepa; Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Christensen, Emerson; Kovacic, Jorginho, Barkley; Pedro, Giroud, Willian

Well, the starting XI may suggest that Sarri thinks this is an easy game and so we can play a predictable and limited side, saving others for the FA Cup.

At any rate, at least the subs bench is packed with our best players. He's saving them for when they're needed in the hope that they won't be I guess.

3 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Well, the starting XI may suggest that Sarri thinks this is an easy game and so we can play a predictable and limited side, saving others for the FA Cup.

At any rate, at least the subs bench is packed with our best players. He's saving them for when they're needed in the hope that they won't be I guess.

Or its not a priority game ?

Or the FA cup

Edited by southcoastal

GURJ SS   
6 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

The team

A good selection, many have called for a change so perhaps he's just trying exactly that. We can probably expect Emerson overlapping Willian and Barkley getting further forward alongside Pedro and Giroud, with the rest keeping the pressure on and covering for the attackers. Looks like a nicely balanced team but only time will tell.