• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester United 2

7 minutes ago, Chelsea-Till-I-Die said:

Sarri has to go. Hate to say it but that 3rd sub was a disgrace and in that moment his position became untenable.

CHO for an injured FB?  

BlueFizz   
22 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

CHO for an injured FB?  

Agree with you on this.

Unlike many others and those chanting at the game, I didn't think CHO was the answer in this game. I suspect he'd have come on, made a couple of direct runs, then been nullified.

I actually think we'd have done better sticking Giroud up alongside Higuain and then getting angled balls from deeper into the box in the last 20 minutes.

I offer no expert reasons why, it just felt to me that it was that sort of game (you almost do feel it, don't you - after watching thousands of games).

The CHO chanting is, I know, symbolic of the crowd's appetite for change, youth, homegrown talent etc - but I think we're setting up expectations that CHO can't currently fulfil.

So, for me, this substitution was pragmatic - Azpi's injured, get him covered. It's the two earlier ones (Barkley for Kovacic, Willian for Pedro) that I think he could and perhaps should have thrown the dice on.

Ham   
51 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

CHO for an injured FB?  

A number of posters, including myself, have already said that we would have been happy with a FB being sacrificed given the situation. 

Stop playing dumb. 

As Mark said earlier, stop dismissing other opinions as wrong/idiotic. 

Leo91   

You had to put on an extra attacker at 2-0 down. Either for one of the defenders or one of the CM's. Jorgi was the obvious one to take off as Kante can then drop deep and cover. You still have the passing ability of Luiz who by then was being allowed time on the ball as Utd sat back. 

Kante

Willian Kova Hazard

Giroud Higuain

The support last night was embarrassing though. 

Ham   

There appears to be no middle ground where CHO is concerned. 

Some believe that he's ready now to play a full or partial role. 

The remainder counter with "He's not better than Hazard, Pedro or Willian" and is"getting more time than any other 18 year old".

In reality he's not currently getting ANY playing time in any kind of competition and it's beginning to look spiteful and personal by the note-writing one. 

If he's forced out by TNWO, we'll live to regret it and he'll be unaffected because he'll have been sacked already. 

39 minutes ago, Ham said:

A number of posters, including myself, have already said that we would have been happy with a FB being sacrificed given the situation. 

Stop playing dumb. 

As Mark said earlier, stop dismissing other opinions as wrong/idiotic. 

I'm not playing dumb - I'm accusing the idea of being dumb.  it is.
Feel free to think that kind of thing, but it remains a crazy idea, I know there is a bunch who make the same claim, likely to be laughed at by me or others.  (The more standard football theory I adopt, the more people seem to think I am deliberately being controversial,  I guess it just tells us that some people on here are not arguing on the basis of football, just characters.)

The good thing is Sarri never took the idea seriously.

32 minutes ago, Ham said:

There appears to be no middle ground where CHO is concerned. 

Some believe that he's ready now to play a full or partial role. 

The remainder counter with "He's not better than Hazard, Pedro or Willian" and is"getting more time than any other 18 year old".n

In reality he's not currently getting ANY playing time in any kind of competition and it's beginning to look spiteful and personal by the note-writing one. 

If he's forced out by TNWO, we'll live to regret it and he'll be unaffected because he'll have been sacked already. 

"He's not better than Hazard, Pedro or Willian" and is"getting more time than any other 18 year old".   IS the middle ground.  Ready to play a full role is extreme.  An 18 year old Jody Morris or Tommy Langley he is not.

In reality he got a lot of minutes briefly because Morata was unavailable pending transfer and Giroud was injured leaving us with 3 adult front 3 players (2 aged 31) + CHO, Emerson or RLC when fit as subs. 

Nobody is forcing out anyone with 18 months on their contract, and no one has bid much for him.  Just a stick to beat Sarri with.

38 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

You had to put on an extra attacker at 2-0 down.

Well no.  Options are to push one or two FBs further forward (tick).  To have the 8 man play further forward (tick).  To have a CB take the ball forward to distribute it (tick).  To put on a 2nd CF and have the AMs drop back accordingly (Hazard in midfield?).  To take off a FB for a forward and play with a back 3 and no FB (this one not chosen)  
But not all at once.

The last version is hardly ever used in PL level football except where a team is playing an opponent much much weaker, or in last 10 minutes with 1 goal or less difference.  Changing our manager wouldn't change that decision.

Ham   
31 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'm not playing dumb - I'm accusing the idea of being dumb.  it is.
Feel free to think that kind of thing, but it remains a crazy idea
, I know there is a bunch who make the same claim, likely to be laughed at by me or others.  (The more standard football theory I adopt, the more people seem to think I am deliberately being controversial,  I guess it just tells us that some people on here are not arguing on the basis of football, just characters.)

The good thing is Sarri never took the idea seriously.

"He's not better than Hazard, Pedro or Willian" and is"getting more time than any other 18 year old".   IS the middle ground.  Ready to play a full role is extreme.  An 18 year old Jody Morris or Tommy Langley he is not.

In reality he got a lot of minutes briefly because Morata was unavailable pending transfer and Giroud was injured leaving us with 3 adult front 3 players (2 aged 31) + CHO, Emerson or RLC when fit as subs. 

Nobody is forcing out anyone with 18 months on their contract, and no one has bid much for him.  Just a stick to beat Sarri with.

The reason you get singled out on here is because you invite it deliberately because you like the "character" you've created.

As for the rest of your response, you've resorted to the same flawed response as many others who start off with "he's not ready to play a full role".

That's extreme because he's not getting ANY time. 

I've highlighted the parts of your post that I consider bullsh1t. Reasons have been given previously.

Anyway I wish I hadn't even started this with you as I always regret getting into pointless, never ending debates with you. I'm pissed off enough with the club and Sarri without having to waste time on your nonsense.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Ham said:

The reason you get singled out on here is because you invite it deliberately because you like the "character" you've created.

I'd have said that the reason I get singled out is because some like you feel it is your right to say idiotic things post match and won't let reason get in your way.
You are talking a lot of drivel about CHO.  He is not ready to play a full role for Chelsea, and even less for Bayern Munich.  Any more than RLC has been ready for the last 6 years.  Or Cuadradro was when he was here.  It may happen for anyone of those three at some point, but not now - however desperate you are to prove Sarri wrong.

Enough is enough.  Sarri must go.  Sarriball? S**tball more like, it's not entertaining and it's also ineffective, we let go a quality midfielder like Cesc, who can actually pass the ball forwards. Sarri destroys Kante by trying to make him an attacking midfielder,  and insists on playing Jorginho and Kovacic regardless of their performances, they can't tacle, can't score goals nor even kick a ball straight.  I don't care what Sarri did for Napoli, Serie A is now inferior to the EPL, only Juventus are a top class team in that league.  The guy is just clueless, why bring on a fullback for a fullback late in the game?  Utterly pointless.

Ham   
48 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'd have said that the reason I get singled out is because some like you feel it is your right to say idiotic things post match and won't let reason get in your way.
You are talking a lot of drivel about CHO.  He is not ready to play a full role for Chelsea, and even less for Bayern Munich.  Any more than RLC has been ready for the last 6 years.  Or Cuadradro was when he was here.  It may happen for anyone of those three at some point, but not now - however desperate you are to prove Sarri wrong.

Living up to your M.O.

Edited by Michael Tucker
No need for this.