• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Europa League Round of 32, 2nd Leg match against Malmo FF at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00, Thursday, 21st February, 2019 (Local UK time/date).

Biggest question must be "will Sarri still be here"? 

Looking at the expression of Bruce Buck in the stands I'd say his days are numbered. 

Rob B   

My belief is that top 4 is gone, and therefore we have two things left to play for - Europa Cup and Carabao cup final - both of which are this week.

So it’s either act now, or wait till the summer for me. 

Prefersbly the former though if I’m honest. And then see if the FA will lend us Southgate and more importantly, Steve Holland until the summer. 

5 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Biggest question must be "will Sarri still be here"? 

Looking at the expression of Bruce Buck in the stands I'd say his days are numbered. 

Is it Buck’s call though? I dont think so. Sarri speaks openly that he communicates with Marina. She has got a huge decision to make but I reckon he is gone before the City game. 

38 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Is it Buck’s call though? 

It's either the Board's call and they advise RA, or it's Roman's call and he tells them. 

xCELERYx   
5 hours ago, Rob B said:

My belief is that top 4 is gone, and therefore we have two things left to play for - Europa Cup and Carabao cup final - both of which are this week.

So it’s either act now, or wait till the summer for me. 

Prefersbly the former though if I’m honest. And then see if the FA will lend us Southgate and more importantly, Steve Holland until the summer. 

If we want to win either of those than Sarri has to be given the boot asap. The longer we leave it the more damage he's going to do. 

I'd be pushing hard for Steve Holland as a short-term measure also. Honestly, at this point I'd even give the job to Hasselbaink if it meant Sarri being shown the door pronto. 

Edited by xCELERYx

kev61   
11 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

If we want to win either of those than Sarri has to be given the boot asap. The longer we leave it the more damage he's going to do. 

I'd be pushing hard for Steve Holland as a short-term measure also. Honestly, at this point I'd even give the job to Hasselbaink if it meant Sarri being shown the door pronto. 

Yes Jimmy spoke well last night - Sarri  is embarrassing the club.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Is it Buck’s call though? I dont think so. Sarri speaks openly that he communicates with Marina. She has got a huge decision to make but I reckon he is gone before the City game. 

I’m certain Buck is one of the persons at the club who makes that call. Together with Marina and some of the other people at the club who pretty much knows nothing about the game. 

We are ridiculously poorly run. 15 years and Roman hasn’t even managed to build a proper organisation at the top. 

Ham   
11 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

I’m certain Buck is one of the persons at the club who makes that call. Together with Marina and some of the other people at the club who pretty much knows nothing about the game. 

We are ridiculously poorly run. 15 years and Roman hasn’t even managed to build a proper organisation at the top. 

100% agree with this.

I've made it very clear that I'm unhappy with Sarri but as much as I dislike what he is doing, and if you gave me the option of replacing our board with the appropriate people in the right positions including a director of football or getting rid of Sarri tomorrow, I'd see them gone first. 

12 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

And yet ridiculously successful in terms of trophies.  Funny that.  The last 8 years have been incredible, a CL trophy where we finally found some of the luck we had missed out on in previous years.  A complete rebuild of the squad.  2 wonderful PL titles.  4 other cups.   6 managers all described as being total rubbish plus Hiddink.  Emenalo, possibly the most vilified man at the club since Grant handling the player scouting.

What is it going to take to please?
If only we were Spurs and Liverpool who really know how to be a big club.

(The first 8 years weren't bad either).