• Current Donation Goals

GURJ SS   
25 minutes ago, East Lower said:

It’s pretty clear they don’t believe in what he’s trying to get them to be. They’re playing with fragile or no confidence at all. No smiles or any apparent pleasure in being on the pitch

Funny how they keep stop believing in a manager's way. They stopped because Jose demanded more teamwork from the attackers in defending, they stopped because Conte demanded less but expected them to make up for it by playing on the counter, now they're stopping because Sarri doesn't want them to sit back and counter but take control of a game and play with the ball more.

Doesn't matter who the manager is, these players don't want one. I still stand by what I said a few weeks ago, pick one of the party leaders in the dressing room like Luiz and go with a player manager; our players have pathetic work ethic.

Ham   

All the fun is being sucked out being a Chelsea fan. 

I can't watch much more of this. 

I'm genuinely scared at how many goals we're going to lose by on Sunday and Wednesday. Someone needs to pull the plug on this nonsense.

GURJ SS   
4 minutes ago, The Psycho Pianist said:

Christ that was awful. Utter drivel. Kovacic is so out of his depth in that position it beggars belief. How can we have so many completely inept midfielders?

Jorginho makes it seem so easy, sometimes a player needs to be missing before people start seeing the benefit of having them on the pitch.

Shocking first 45 mins.

Barkley, Azpilicueta and Kovacic barely looks like professional footballers. Giroud is also having a poor game so far. Especially Kovacic - he ain't even an adequate back-up for that regista role at the base of the midfield triangle. One-touch football isn't his game at all and at the slightest of pressure he loses his concentration and mishits the pass. I think people don't understand how vulnerable we make Jorginho look when he plays there and how well he actually does under the circumstances. I think a lot of the issues with his defensive frailties would be solved by finding a better balance in Kanté's role but that also requires a much better CM8 player to help ease the scoring-burden from the front three (who aren't scoring enough anyways as it is). 

Willian and Hudson-Odoi has shown flashes of speed and dribble but in the end it hasn't lead to any serious goalscoring opportunities. Worth remembering that we are playing against a side that hasn't even started their season yet and they aren't even Championship quality. 

Several changes made to this team and the only one who seems remotely interested in Hudson-Odoi, Willian and Emerson. 

No aggression, no passion, no pride, no movement and no creativity. In other words, business as usual. 

Joyless football, 1 nice Willian movement in that 45. 1 or 2 CHO moments leading to nothing in particular. 

I think Sarri’s a gonner, nothing more he can do with this set of players to convince or teach them his methods. 

chelboy   

Its not about quality of the players, we are playing so boring and predictable. There is a difference between possession football and attacking football. We do not play attacking football. I don’t even know  what to call this but its a load of shite. The midfielders look afraid about what to do and when to go forward or backwards. These guys have no freedom whatsoever. He has probably thrown so many instructions into their heads that all they ever look to do is the simplest thing. No one wants to take risks. Pathetic coward football , I don’t blame the players.

Edited by chelboy

Just now, GURJ SS said:

Jorginho makes it seem so easy, sometimes a player needs to be missing before people start seeing the benefit of having them on the pitch.

This - I think Kovacic has lost the ball in that playmaker role more times this season than Jorginho has, and he has only played a few games there against weaker oppo.  I shudder to think how Kante would manage.  Nightmare.

I'm coming to believe that Jorginho is a lot better than we thought.

Hazard and Jorgy to come on as early as 60th mins for CHO and Kovacic or Barkley (or Kante if we have gone a goal up).
Higuain for Giroud only late on with no injury threats.

At the back we look like one mistake away from disaster. 

Midfield looks all wrong. 

Giroud can only play with Hazard.

Only Willian and Hudson-Odoi look vaguely threatening. Very vaguely.

Sarri just stumbling along till the next serious thrashing ends his time here.

2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

This - I think Kovacic has lost the ball in that playmaker role more times this season than Jorginho has, and he has only played a few games there against weaker oppo.  I shudder to think how Kante would manage.  Nightmare.

I'm coming to believe that Jorginho is a lot better than we thought.

What Jorginho needs is a partner who can do the same job, but with more pace and a tackle in him. 

Teams press Jorginho and he hasn’t the tools to deal with it. Having two options to do the same job would eliminate the ‘stop Jorginho, stop Chelsea’ methodology