• Current Donation Goals

From the BBC: 

Tonight's win means that Maurizio Sarri has won 28 of his opening 43 games in charge of Chelsea in all competitions (D6 L9).

And that's one more than Pep Guardiola managed in his first 43 matches with Manchester City (W27 D9 L7).

Holymoly   
9 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

From the BBC: 

Tonight's win means that Maurizio Sarri has won 28 of his opening 43 games in charge of Chelsea in all competitions (D6 L9).

And that's one more than Pep Guardiola managed in his first 43 matches with Manchester City (W27 D9 L7).

Yes but Pep was playing in the CL not the tinpot cup. If you look at just league games then Sarri is left in his wake.

Actually we started playing well from about 30 mins.  Bookings on 31, 44, 51 and 54 mins showed how we were breaking through them and just being brought down.  I criticised earlier the refs judgement of incidents earlier, but he certainly knew how to apply the yellow card to his decisions on fouls.  

Kante's break forward was just one many direct charges which we attempted, and they could hardly afford a booking for all of them.

Full credit to the ref.  Had he reffed either the first leg or the Man U game, we would have been facing 9 opponents, not 11.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm not counting that , counter attacking is not allowed under this regime . 

Tongue in cheek I know, but really it was as much the result of a press as counter attack.

All in all pretty good.  Clearly Alonso, Luiz, Hazard and Higuain return on Sunday and the subbed off players (Barkley, Kante and Azpi) will return too.  I imagine he thinks Pedro will be back, because Willian doesn't often play 90 and start the next game.

One of CHO's better performances - what is that now, 199 mins in 7 games.  One of Kovacic's worst.   One of RLC's least memorable cameos.  Christensen was fine, but not challenging for Luiz's place.  Emerson might be up for Alonso's role, but not Sunday.

Arkie   
17 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

What went wrong?  This time Monday night we were on page 29 of the match thread.

This is arguably a smaller game/occasion.

Better 2nd half performance against a side who’d run their legs out in the first 50mins. Pre-season for them, Rossler tried to get at us in that first 30mins and try to get a goal, our chins go down and our already fragile confidence is broken. 

They weren’t good enough to capitalise on the hard work, with skill or passing movements and get that goal. 

Still far from convinced that we are good or confident enough to get a win from either of the next two games though. 

8 minutes ago, East Lower said:

Better 2nd half performance against a side who’d run their legs out in the first 50mins. Pre-season for them, Rossler tried to get at us in that first 30mins and try to get a goal, our chins go down and our already fragile confidence is broken. 

Do you think the light blue shirts got to us?

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Do you think the light blue shirts got to us?

Well, they’re still giving me nightmares and probably soon will again. Plus all those Man City scarves being waved around! 😉

Awkward first half. Looked very nervous and disjointed. First goal relieved the tension and, once Malmo began to tire, it was a stroll. 

Some positives: Christensen, Willian, Emerson, Hudson-Odoi, Kante. Loftus-Cheek getting a cameo. 

Not sure we can glean much other than it just shows what we can do against mediocre opposition. 

Given our current run of form, any win is welcome though. 

xCELERYx   

Pleased to see Hudson-Odoi get a start, a goal and also play well. Emerson was excellent getting forward as one would expect. Absolutely baffles me how he's played so little this season. Christensen was assured down back, while Kante had a really solid game in midfield. 

Hard to really take much from the result itself, but it was good to see a more positive second half and that the young blokes all got a run out.