• Current Donation Goals

38 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Who knows how good or bad he is in training  

the buffoon coach wears rose colours glass on the chosen 14 regardless of their form, hence the current mess the club is in  

Sarri is literally the last person to blame for 'the current mess the club is in'. 

Ham   
5 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Sarri is literally the last person to blame for 'the current mess the club is in'. 

If you're referring to the mess as a timeline, then yes. 

Blue Rod   
47 minutes ago, Ham said:

If you're referring to the mess as a timeline, then yes. 

We've been a club in organised chaos. But we always seemed to know how to put together a winning run to a trophy. The last person you need in an organised chaos is someone who is rigid and wants to arrange things his own way regardless of whether the job gets done. I'm afraid, that is exactly what we have at the moment. 

BlueFizz   
1 minute ago, Blue Rod said:

We've been a club in organised chaos. But we always seemed to know how to put together a winning run to a trophy. The last person you need in an organised chaos is someone who is rigid and wants to arrange things his own way regardless of whether the job gets done. I'm afraid, that is exactly what we have at the moment. 

I don't think it's chaos. I think it's a coherent policy - we will prioritise trophy-based success over steady continuity of coaching. Hence, lots of coaches - and lots of trophies.

I tend to agree - this system does not favour a coach who requires 2 seasons/several windows to achieve success.

I think our best coaches are those that share our philosophy - the instant impact guys who arrive, spend what they're offered, bag a title (or three) and go.

I always thought Zidane was the perfect fit for us, not Sarri - although I like the way Napoli played football.

I know a lot of others are terribly troubled by this policy - craving a coach who stays, a Chelsea way, a steady flow of youth into the squad.

I think the last point makes sense, but to be honest (having stood on the Shed during those long, dark years from about 1974 to the resurgance in the mid-90s - I'm more than happy enjoying a selection of coaches and a selection of trophies.

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Deleted the post as it was incorrect  

Edited by RobertoftheGiz
Must stop posting with my iPhone.

4 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Are we not having a thread for the League Cup final or am I just not seeing it?

can't see it either - anyone?

3 hours ago, BlueFizz said:

I don't think it's chaos. I think it's a coherent policy - we will prioritise trophy-based success over steady continuity of coaching. Hence, lots of coaches - and lots of trophies.

and dips in between, quite.

3 hours ago, BlueFizz said:

I think the last point makes sense, but to be honest (having stood on the Shed during those long, dark years from about 1974 to the resurgance in the mid-90s - I'm more than happy enjoying a selection of coaches and a selection of trophies.

I do think we won't get far relying on HG players.

So there were 2 resurgences that come to mind.  One with kids 75-77, Eddie Mac, Shellito, Ray Wilkins  dozens of kids and Chopper to kick anyone who bullied them.
we got 2 seasons in the Prem with that.  And we went on to produce dozens of England U21 players while we were a Championship side with a great academy.

Then there was the John Neal resurgence of 1983 which lasted, well forever (once relegated from 4th form bottom and straight back up as 1st in 88/89).

As I recall Pates and Bumstead were the only home grown players in that team.  Droy barely played (I think he was waiting for the traditional run of bad games when he'd be brought in, then dropped as soon as we won one).  Hollins returned for one final season after an 8 year break.  It was Clive Walker's last season too.

Speedie and McAndrew had saved us the previous season from relegation.  And in came Dixon, Nevin, Spackman, McLaughlin, Niedziecki.  We've barely used more than two or three HG players in the side since.

800px-1983Team.jpg

I guess you are thinking of the mid-90s and Hoddle, though as Bates likes to point out we were 11th when Hoddle arrived and 11th when he left,  In fact we were either 11th or 14th from 1991 to 1996.  We'd been 5th in 1990, and pre-RA we only ever beat that in 98, 99 and 2003.  

So I'd call the Gullitt, Vialli only a minor resurgence from where we already were, and it was, like the John Neal one, wholly dependent on imports.

Blue Rod   
4 hours ago, BlueFizz said:

I tend to agree - this system does not favour a coach who requires 2 seasons/several windows to achieve success.

I think our best coaches are those that share our philosophy - the instant impact guys who arrive, spend what they're offered, bag a title (or three) and go.

I always thought Zidane was the perfect fit for us, not Sarri - although I like the way Napoli played football.

I know a lot of others are terribly troubled by this policy - craving a coach who stays, a Chelsea way, a steady flow of youth into the squad.

Well, organised chaos is not such a bad phrase to be honest. That is what the real human world is, and Chelsea is just a human club with ambitions. Even if that is what our policy is named, I would happily accept that.

I fully appreciate our collective desire for continuity. But first we must find the right person. If Sarri cannot use young players who are ready in quality and maturity to play senior football, the idea of him bringing them through from younger sounds too far fetched to be taken seriously

10 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Well, organised chaos is not such a bad phrase to be honest.

Oxymoron.                 like Microsoft Works.