• Current Donation Goals

9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well Spurs took a big step downwards last season.  City have dropped a little this season.  I don't see it as black and white.  More over neither team are going to beat City by the end of the season.  Take your choice, do you want the 3rd, 4th with the occasional 2nd and no cups?  Or do you want to occasionally win things.

Downwards ? Peak Spuds perhaps ?

Whats been ignored with the Spuds is the huge cost overruns on the stadium, Billionaire owner and tax exile Lewis hasn’t put his hand ins own pocket and they’ve gone to the market for £400 M of additional funding. No wonder the cheese shop has vanished.

They are now one of the most indebted clubs in the world.

This will, If not already have a huge knock on effect on the team by keeping stars or buying. can't see Poch  working with gruel much longer

Edited by southcoastal

Ham   
13 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

Downwards ? Peak Spuds perhaps ?

Whats been ignored with the Spuds is the huge cost overruns on the stadium, Billionaire owner and tax exile Lewis hasn’t put his hand ins own pocket and they’ve gone to the market for £400 M of additional funding. No wonder the cheese shop has vanished.

They are now one of the most indebted clubs in the world.

This will, If not already have a huge knock on effect on the team by keeping stars or buying. can't see Poch  working with gruel much longer

Interesting. Did not know that. 

😊

JaneB   
On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 9:18 PM, Michael Tucker said:

Certainly on the field it is, yes. And we don't see any activity off the field, in terms of structural changes, to suggest that anything positive is about to happen, either.  

I get what you're saying, Jane, but I wonder if we really know 'what happened there'? Clearly there was a breakdown of sorts between Conte and Marina, re: who we should buy (and how many?), but was that the extent of the problems?

Not many here iirc, and not many in the media, either. So, why?

Well, as we all know, Roman lost his UK visa, and hasn't been granted a new one, so that's understandable for the most part. You'd have to imagine that he stays in contact with the Board, though, surely?

Atm, Jane, it's all down to that visa, as far as I can tell. 

This.

Thanks Michael.  'We know nothing' really do we? :-((((

Holymoly   
2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Kepa

Azpi , Rudi, Luiz,Alonso

Jorgi Kante Kovacic

Willian Higuain Hazard

Barkley 65 for Kovacic , Giroud 85 for Higuain , CHO 90+5 for Willian

Doesn't Kepa have a hammie? I'd imagine one of DL or Rudiger will have the night off too.

Malmo need to score at least twice so if we can't get past this one I genuinely fear for Sunday. Well, I mean, I do already fear for Sunday but getting knocked out tonight would put the icing on the cake.

Anyone else look at the team and think where did the mature continuity reaching way back into the late 60s go? Just a team of mercenaries. Quite sad really.

BlueFizz   
5 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Anyone else look at the team and think where did the mature continuity reaching way back into the late 60s go? Just a team of mercenaries. Quite sad really.

I’m not quite sure what you mean by ‘mature continuity...’ but having been pretty much ever-present at home games since the late 60s, I think that there have been other times when the team felt less connected to the club (more mercenary) - I think some of this is also to do with our personal relationship with the club at different ages - eg for me the Osgood team (young kid), the Wilkins team (teenager) and the Nevin/Dixon/Speedie, Gullitt and Mourinho pt 1 teams really felt like ‘my’ teams.

Being totally honest, the negativity of many in my part of the ground feels more detrimental to the club/my enjoyment than our current performance.

If Sarri is struggling and some players not putting in a shift - this is nothing to the endless whining from some around me.

As my dad (regular since the 40s) says - supporting is not conditional on performance and if you can’t get behind the team, don’t come.

asvaberg   
2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

8-0 to the Blue behemoth with Sarri marching onto the pitch at full time and slamming a Chelsea flag into the centre circle.

Higuain , fresh from his endeavours against United where nobody managed to pass to him ,  with the elusive double hat trick .

Capped by the 8th goal of the evening from Alonso who clearing the ball from his own goal line , beats six or seven Malmo players with raw speed alone before playing nine one-two's in the area with Hazard and Willian prior to back heeling the ball between the keepers legs.

Kepa

Azpi , Rudi, Luiz,Alonso

Jorgi Kante Kovacic

Willian Higuain Hazard

Barkley 65 for Kovacic , Giroud 85 for Higuain , CHO 90+5 for Willian

I share your optimism :)

But Kepa out, Caballero in

8 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Certainly not.  First I remember the team back to the sixties (or at least 69/70).  There are plenty of gaps between then and now.  Including a team that narrowly avoided relegation because of 2 recent additions - Speedie and McAndrew (who having saved Chelsea, then got injured and missed out on all the fun poor guy).  I can think of dozens of ex-Chelsea players with a quarter of the heart and honesty of the tamest current player.

I see a bunch of 31 year olds that struggle when expected to play 3 games in 6 days.  I see just 7 decent players in their prime:  Kepa, Alonso, Azpi, Jorgy, Rudiger, Kante, Hazard  (and not all those are in form).
All the rest (now Morata has gone) are doing their best, only their best is not good enough or their best was 2 or 3 years ago.

1 front 3 player in his 20s - how plain does it need to be said.

4 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

Being totally honest, the negativity of many in my part of the ground feels more detrimental to the club/my enjoyment than our current performance.

Not a regular match goer, but that is certainly my feeling too.

5 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

As my dad (regular since the 40s) says - supporting is not conditional on performance and if you can’t get behind the team, don’t come.

quite right

paulw66   
19 hours ago, McCreadie said:

Quite a lot riding on this game now. Not sure that Sarri has the balls to risk CHO from the beginning, even if its the easiest way to get the support back onside.

Even if we ended up going out? Would people walk away from SB thinking, "well, we lost, but CHO played, so all good"?*

* I am not implying picking CHO means we lose, before anyone sh*ts the bed. 

14 hours ago, JaneB said:

Thanks Michael.  'We know nothing' really do we? :-((((

People are allowed dfferent opinions. If someone disagrees with someone, it doesn't mean that person is saying, "you know nothing" 

2 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Baffled here. How many times since the 60s did we yo-yo between the top divisions, being famously inconsistent and going 26 years without any sort of trophy. What sort of continuity are you talking about? Being rubbish? 

The majority of this "team of merceneries" has won at least 1 PL title, and in some cases 2 (plus the FA / League Cup). The vast majority of the squad (bar the new arrivals) have won more for this club than just about any player from the 60s to the mid 90s. 

Maybe I am missing your point.